Question on Temple Facilities | The Boneyard

Question on Temple Facilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
We're thinking about going to the Temple game on Sunday. When I go to purchase tickets on the Temple site, it tells me the facility for the game is MCGONIGLE HALL. Unfortunately, I can't find a seating chart for that building anywhere. To add to my confusion, when you click on the "seating chart" link on the page for the women's tickets, the charts are for the Liacouras Center. However, I know my tickets are not for the Liacouras center, since the tickets are in section 301 and 200s are the top levels in Liacouras. If anyone can help me out with info on MCGONIGLE HALL, I would certainly appreciate it.
Thanks

Reaction Score
We're thinking about going to the Temple game on Sunday. When I go to purchase tickets on the Temple site, it tells me the facility for the game is MCGONIGLE HALL. Unfortunately, I can't find a seating chart for that building anywhere. To add to my confusion, when you click on the "seating chart" link on the page for the women's tickets, the charts are for the Liacouras Center. However, I know my tickets are not for the Liacouras center, since the tickets are in section 301 and 200s are the top levels in Liacouras. If anyone can help me out with info on MCGONIGLE HALL, I would certainly appreciate it.
Thanks
Not personally familiar with venue - but perhaps this site will help.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mcg...THc7IsATS_oKQCg&ved=0CCwQsAQ&biw=1521&bih=735

Uconngal

Visit us at the Thirst and Ten Ambulance
Reaction Score
Call the ticket office at 215-204-2981. They can explain the seating.

Reaction Score
I goofed - jumped the gun on you. Should have known you would have studied the site I found and determined that it shows nothing. Everything I've subsequently found only says (1) the UConn game is sold out and (2) a basketball seating chart for the venue will be coming:oops::oops:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Another fine example of separate but equal (or something like that). It's a 46 year old arena that seats 3,900 instead of a 15 year old arena that seats 10000.

They do play games at the Liacouras Center, I assume there is either another event there the same day or they were worried about the number of UConn fans that might attend.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
As noted, McGonigle is smaller and older than Liacouras. But it's nearby, just west of N. Broad Street. Enjoy!

Reaction Score
It's across the street from the main auditorium (the one with the big billboard in front). There should be someone in the big place to tell you exactly where the game is being played. It's not a very big gym but you could've gotten a good seat near the action. You can get off the subway right across the street and walk over to the gym. I went to see them play Louisville last New Year's Day.

mr006

Reaction Score
Another fine example of separate but equal (or something like that). It's a 46 year old arena that seats 3,900 instead of a 15 year old arena that seats 10000. They do play games at the Liacouras Center, I assume there is either another event there the same day or they were worried about the number of UConn fans that might attend.
Well, sadly, until women's basketball starts drawing close to the men, that will happen. Last year, their MBB drew about 6000 per game, while WBB was 900. But why they played Delaware at Liacouras (and drew under 600) but not UConn is beyond me. The Liacouras does not show an event for that day.

Reaction Score
Yes, it's a smaller older gym around which a new athletic center was built. I went last year and will be there on Sunday (have to start working on my "899 and counting" sign unless I stick with my "block party" theme from MSG). Seating was not so comfortable but we were just 3 rows off the court. Good atmosphere so come on down. Last year Geno took the team to his home town for a good Italian meal. Wonder what he has in store this weekend.

Reaction Score
Well, sadly, until women's basketball starts drawing close to the men, that will happen. Last year, their MBB drew about 6000 per game, while WBB was 900. But why they played Delaware at Liacouras (and drew under 600) but not UConn is beyond me. The Liacouras does not show an event for that day.
nobody in the big gym but maybe they want this to be a home game - UCONN fans travel well and would likely be the majority in attendance.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
At USC this season the women are actually slightly outdrawing the men. Of course, the men are having another rough season. I have had season tickets for both for years, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom