QB is not a concern anymore! | The Boneyard

QB is not a concern anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Coach should name Whitmer the starter, so he can get more reps in. What the concern now is the O line they're focus should be there instead.

Reaction Score
I was happy with what I saw yesterday. I really was hoping that someone would grab the job and distinguish himself as the Alpha Male. That pretty much was the case.

However, making the leap to declare the QB position is no longer a concern is frankly one I'm not willing to take just yet.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Let's not get carried away. Our QB play will still be measured by the lack mistakes moreso than putting up big numbers.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
While the coaches did not play their hand they may be a bit giddy in private. You would have to gush over the performance by CW. The difference is that he did everything faster than the other guys. I watched the replay twice now. 1st option 2nd option 3rd option run - it took 2 seconds.

Nebrich was a bit snake bitten: passes knocked down, good coverage by the D, no protection. The tow int's - one tipped the other McQuillan should have had the ball (IMO). I would have like to see him get out of the pocket on occasion where there was pressure. He has 4.5 speed - there was one play where he ran for 8 yards and he looked very fast doing it.

Johnny looked off.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
While the coaches did not play their hand they may be a bit giddy in private. You would have to gush over the performance by CW. The difference is that he did everything faster than the other guys. I watched the replay twice now. 1st option 2nd option 3rd option run - it took 2 seconds.

Nebrich was a bit snake bitten: passes knocked down, good coverage by the D, no protection. The tow int's - one tipped the other McQuillan should have had the ball (IMO). I would have like to see him get out of the pocket on occasion where there was pressure. He has 4.5 speed - there was one play where he ran for 8 yards and he looked very fast doing it.

Johnny looked off.

agree here. CW is our starter i think. he just looked ready to control a d1 O. MN has all types of cons playing with him but you could see the potential. Glad we don't have to talk about JM anymore becuase both of these guys imo have passed him.

C

Chief00

Indeed Whitmer did look good. Nice to have a kid who can throw and move his feet. He also has the ability to check off the primary receiver and throw to plan B.

Reaction Score
They need to get it down to 2 QBs. Only so many reps in practice. It doesn't matter if a starter is announced or not. As long as only 2 QBs get the bulk of the reps.

Reaction Score
The two TD passes were very good, especially the one to McQuillan. He just threaded it.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Finally! Maybe some light at the beginning of the tunnel Whitmer looked almost too smooth for P to say no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom