QB Development | The Boneyard

QB Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Perhaps this has been discussed on other threads and if so, please merge.

My point is that since our season is clearly done, we should forget about Whitmer and fous on the development of a new quarterback. Lets give these guys an extended look in real games against real players.

They should be allowed to make mistakes and grow as a result rather than get a quick hook. We arent; going anywhere now anyways so keeping Whitmer as the starter is pointless.

Interested in your thoughts.

Lets let one of the young guys get some real playing time and grow as a result.

Reaction Score
Only thing I can think of is that he's saving Boyle from a beating with this offensive line. He's been saying he wants Tim to play more, he's been rotating underclassmen all year, but at not at qb position. With a young qb in cochran out for his career I think HCBD is protecting his only available scholarship qb. Plus Whitmer can take the beating. If you see Fox at qb again on Thursday you will know the answer.

Reaction Score
this regime couldn't protect granny in the produce isle

its all smoke and mirrors

it is say one thing and do 2 opposites = sabotage

a creative coach would invent the 2 qb simultaneous system and play fox and boyle together in backfield; open up field and make superior teams at least guess what happens

instead of telegraphing everything to opponent using express mail

what gets guys hurt is the opponents d knows whats coming before huskies o does

playing the ole qb who should have moved on to grad school or high school redo at this pt is obviously not playing to any plan for future; its joke

Reaction Score
Oh, there is actual discussion on this thread...... I read the title and thought it was someone's version of dry humor!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I still want to win games. The best guy plays.

Reaction Score
chapwilvaug72 said:
this regime couldn't protect granny in the produce isle its all smoke and mirrors it is say one thing and do 2 opposites = sabotage a creative coach would invent the 2 qb simultaneous system and play fox and boyle together in backfield; open up field and make superior teams at least guess what happens instead of telegraphing everything to opponent using express mail what gets guys hurt is the opponents d knows whats coming before huskies o does playing the ole qb who should have moved on to grad school or high school redo at this pt is obviously not playing to any plan for future; its joke

But what about the search agency?

Reaction Score
My prediction: if the OL improves, we will see Boyle play a lot more during the rest of the season.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Perhaps this has been discussed on other threads and if so, please merge.

My point is that since our season is clearly done, we should forget about Whitmer and fous on the development of a new quarterback. Lets give these guys an extended look in real games against real players.

They should be allowed to make mistakes and grow as a result rather than get a quick hook. We arent; going anywhere now anyways so keeping Whitmer as the starter is pointless.

Interested in your thoughts.

Lets let one of the young guys get some real playing time and grow as a result.

Which 'young guys' are you talking about?
I didnt know we had multiple QB's - oh wait - you mean Tim Boyle?

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Only thing I can think of is that he's saving Boyle from a beating with this offensive line. He's been saying he wants Tim to play more, he's been rotating underclassmen all year, but at not at qb position. With a young qb in cochran out for his career I think HCBD is protecting his only available scholarship qb. Plus Whitmer can take the beating. If you see Fox at qb again on Thursday you will know the answer.

Is this the Sacrifice Chandler post -
Its ok to save Boyle from a beating and Chandler can take a beating? What are you saying exactly?

Reaction Score
Is this the Sacrifice Chandler post -
Its ok to save Boyle from a beating and Chandler can take a beating? What are you saying exactly?
Whitmer has taking a beating every game he's in. No doubt only reason he's playing, can't sacrifice the future of boyle

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Whitmer has taking a beating every game he's in. No doubt only reason he's playing, can't sacrifice the future of boyle
It only takes one play to ruin a future - he would play no snaps if that were true. You don't truly believe that??

Reaction Score
explain why foxx was playing qb vs temple and not boyle? to protect him. How come foxx didn't play vs Tulane if it was a package that they have implemented. The rest of the year is all about protecting Tim Boyle. The one series he's in handoff, fade to Davis, then out pattern to Wr. Let's see how many snaps he gets tonight? Plus going forward, mind boggling how every position Freshman and sophomores play for experience but not the most important position on the field. Kid will get his participation trophy/varsity letter for his one series a game. When is the kid's gloves going to come off? All I hear is want him to play more, actions speak louder than words.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
explain why foxx was playing qb vs temple and not boyle? to protect him. How come foxx didn't play vs Tulane if it was a package that they have implemented. The rest of the year is all about protecting Tim Boyle. The one series he's in handoff, fade to Davis, then out pattern to Wr. Let's see how many snaps he gets tonight? Plus going forward, mind boggling how every position Freshman and sophomores play for experience but not the most important position on the field. Kid will get his participation trophy/varsity letter for his one series a game. When is the kid's gloves going to come off? All I hear is want him to play more, actions speak louder than words.
Umm- Boyle did play against Temple and promptly threw over the middle to a man in a temple helmet. The coach called the throw his play 'lack of intensity'.
He eyed down the receiver in the Tulane game and promptly threw an int.
Tims career stats-
0 Td
10 int
44% completion rate.

I don't believe Tim doesn't get to play because they are protecting him from a pourous OL -

Reaction Score
Do I even have to look up Whitmer's stats, eyeing down receivers, turnovers, c'mon Whitmer is not the answer at qb, the playing of every kid in a rotation and not giving the keys to the future qb, especially with the ineffectiveness of Chandler makes 0 sense. I guess I'd rather watch a sophomore do it then a Sr. Maybe he'll play more going forward, I guess it's a wait and see approach. That outlook, Newsome, Johnson wouldn't play either for fumbling, missed blocks, etc.. They play because their young and need experience. Again Boyle is young and needs experience play him. Hopefully Whit throws for 300 yards tonight so I can shut up.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It only takes one play to ruin a future - he would play no snaps if that were true. You don't truly believe that??

I agree. Diaco isn't easy to figure out his intentions but I would be shocked that Boyle wasn't playing because he's afraid to get him hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom