Purvis Returning | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Purvis Returning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We have a better team outlook with Rodney back, and to his credit he has improved.

Only caught the ball standing out of bounds 1 time this season, (a reduction of 10+ turnovers right there), significantly improved foul shooting from when he was being targeted to be fouled in end game situations in Atlantis, played much better defense, hit threes successfully, starred as a good teammate accepting a role off the bench for the good of the team, helped recruit, drove the ball hard when the situation presented. I suspect he gives the team inspiration and confidence when they are in the thick of the fight because I perceive he doesn't quit. Not finishing a higher percentage at the rim is my only complaint and I bet that improves. As long as he is only asked to play a complimentary role setting the offense and handling full court pressure I think he gives the team a whole lot of positives as the off guard.

Following that Calhoun might be Rodney's favorite player, I give Omar a thumbs up for a significantly better contribution to the team than I think many expected. He did his job when called on and I thought his 2 dribble mid range pull up jumpers were a value added improvement to just spot up shooting, plus he fought for rebounds in a stronger way.

Reaction Score
With Hamilton , Purvis , Adams and if Gilbert is as advertised,
Next year could be special.
We're a little weak in the front court but so were we in 2014
I'm not even counting Larrier. I'm not even sure where he plays.

Sam Jt has a senior leader role to play. We have had less talented guys serve in that roll on Successfull teams. It's a very honorable and important roll.
On Successfull teams everyone understands their roll and plays it to the best of their ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom