PSU hits just keep on coming this time the ghost of Xmas Present | The Boneyard

PSU hits just keep on coming this time the ghost of Xmas Present

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They should not have accepted a bowl bid any way...well deserved problem.

Reaction Score
Time for Penn State to step aside. Mantle should be passed to UConn - the new Beast of the East.

Reaction Score
Not sure I want to be inheriting anything from Penn St.

Yeah like UConn can boast superiority over Penn State. Terrible the whole Sandusky thing and the shirking of responsibility. But the rest . . . UConn should aspire for that level of attainment. Bigger stadium, better tradition, better conference, more success . . .

Reaction Score
Yeah like UConn can boast superiority over Penn State (???). Terrible the whole Sandusky thing and the shirking of responsibility. But the rest . . . UConn should aspire for that level of attainment. Bigger stadium, better tradition, better conference, more success . . .

TDH, Don't you get it? You'll never be able to seperate the scandal from the prestige and tradition. PSU's pursuit and desire for the things you listed caused them to enable a predator to get away with the rape and abuse of numerous young boys. So pardon me if I prefer UConn to aspire to be the opposite of Penn State.
And where did I even hint at superiority? UConn IS a far inferior program. But, I would rather have a small stadium, lack of tradition, broken conference, less success and a clean conscious. It's not about superiority, it's about integrity. That is only field of play that really matters. And on that field, UConn IS superior.

Reaction Score
TDH, Don't you get it? You'll never be able to seperate the scandal from the prestige and tradition. PSU's pursuit and desire for the things you listed caused them to enable a predator to get away with the rape and abuse of numerous young boys. So pardon me if I prefer UConn to aspire to be the opposite of Penn State.
And where did I even hint at superiority? UConn IS a far inferior program. But, I would rather have a small stadium, lack of tradition, broken conference, less success and a clean conscious. It's not about superiority, it's about integrity. That is only field of play that really matters. And on that field, UConn IS superior.

Just win baby. However . . . definitely handle a twisted situation like the Sandusky mess differently. Penn State needs to clean house, no doubt. But when they do - still a larger stadium, still a better conference, still better football tradition, and still UConn chasing them. PSU's pursuit and desire for "things listed" wouldn't have been compromised. Just do the right things.

A year from now . . . offer a talented football player (one of good character, one with decent grades, good work ethic,etc) a full scholarship to Penn State or a full scholarship to UConn. . . I'm guessing the Nittany's have a new recruit and UConn the "clean conscience".

Reaction Score
Just win baby. However . . . definitely handle a twisted situation like the Sandusky mess differently. Penn State needs to clean house, no doubt. But when they do - still a larger stadium, still a better conference, still better football tradition, and still UConn chasing them. PSU's pursuit and desire for "things listed" wouldn't have been compromised. Just do the right things.

A year from now . . . offer a talented football player (one of good character, one with decent grades, good work ethic,etc) a full scholarship to Penn State or a full scholarship to UConn. . . I'm guessing the Nittany's have a new recruit and UConn the "clean conscience".

You mean like the Myers kid?

Reaction Score
Fights happen on the practice field all the time. The coach might make the fighting players hang around after practice and do a few more up downs, but it's not usually a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Especially considering the players are usually wearing enough padding to protect themselves.

I think the more important aspect of the article was the following:

"Backup Rob Bolden has been working with the starting offense in practice since the fight, although he also faces internal discipline for an incident Friday. Bolden was cited for retail theft for taking a Gatorade bottle from a campus convenience store."

"Bolden returned the bottle unopened in what Bradley described as a prank. Bradley said Bolden will be disciplined internally but won't face any playing-time penalties. The sophomore began the season as Penn State's starter."
C'mon Bradley, stop trying to cover it up as a boys will be boys line of bs. That's just an excuse. Besides it's obvious you need Bolden as your QB since it appears unlikely McGloin can't practice right now, and may not even be medically cleared to play when the bowl game comes. I mean really, what is your other option? Another QB who might not be cleared academically. Doing things the right way just doesn't seem to be in PSU's repertoire this year. And just what the heck is internal discipline? WWED = What Would Edsall Do? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
And one more thing...how can they be sure he returned unopened the same bottle he took?

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
Wow. That honestly is an awful situation to be in if you're a PSU player or recruit.

Reaction Score
"Backup Rob Bolden has been working with the starting offense in practice since the fight, although he also faces internal discipline for an incident Friday. Bolden was cited for retail theft for taking a Gatorade bottle from a campus convenience store."

"Bolden returned the bottle unopened in what Bradley described as a prank. Bradley said Bolden will be disciplined internally but won't face any playing-time penalties. The sophomore began the season as Penn State's starter."
C'mon Bradley, stop trying to cover it up as a boys will be boys line of bs. That's just an excuse.

Isn't Bradley following a somewhat similar path to that of JoePa?? First you minimize the infraction (it wasn't stealing...it was a prank) and then let everyone know that you'll handle it internally! Brilliant idea, especially in light of what has recently happened!

Reaction Score
The kid stole a Gatorade bottle, and they need a QB. I don't see a real issue here.

Reaction Score
TDH...you can be sure that tOSU fans, PSU fans, USC fans and Miami fans have a dirty, empty feeling right now. At least the ones with any ethics or morals.

I'd rather be mediocre and clean anyday of the week.

Reaction Score

For at least the next decade, regardless of 10 win seasons every year, you meet a PSU alum and the first thing you will say/think of is how up and corrupt things are there and you'll let them know it.

Hell UConn wins a national title in hoops and the vast majority of people say how dirty Calhoun is. Perception is tough to shake.

Reaction Score
For at least the next decade, regardless of 10 win seasons every year, you meet a PSU alum and the first thing you will say/think of is how up and corrupt things are there and you'll let them know it.

I'd feel better about their sincerity if the dropped football for the next five years - you know . . . to purge this image. My guess is they'll keep being Penn State, 100+K at Beaver Stadium, national rankings, Bowl appearance while UConn is still small and still trying to settle into a stable conference.

Hell UConn wins a national title in hoops and the vast majority of people say how dirty Calhoun is. Perception is tough to shake.

Not me. I was proud that little old Connecticut (once the "Beast of the little old Yankee Conference" and first round loser in the NCAA's to St Joesephs) is now once again the National Champions of College Basketball. They beat the Baron's of the Bluegrass (Kentucky) not once but twice. They have more national championships than Syracuse, Florida, Maryland, Wisconsin, Texas, etc. Imagine that little old Connecticut - the best of the best once again. Thinking Calhoun is the MAN. Wonder if fans thought John Wooden "was dirty" back when he had better bench players than most teams starters. Musta been up to something to land a Lew Alcindor all the way from NYC.

Bottom line, Just win baby. Let 'em conjure up mud to be slinging, who cares.

Reaction Score

so you quote one of the biggest jackasses in the NFL and follow it up with saying you want PennState's results on the field even if it means the first thing associates and interviewers think of when you say your degree is that you're school harbors pedophiles? please become a Rutgers fan already. i'm getting tired of saying it

Reaction Score
Just win baby. However . . . definitely handle a twisted situation like the Sandusky mess differently. Penn State needs to clean house, no doubt. . . . . PSU's pursuit and desire for "things listed" wouldn't have been compromised (if, if, if they ). Just do (did) the right things.

Guess you missed my earlier post. I'm not at all for what Sandusky did . . . or the concept of harboring pedophiles. I'm all for "cleaning house" at Penn State. But let's can the "holier than thou" attitude. BCS football ain't the NESCAC (Trinity & Amherst's conference), so let's accept that it's a different world. I just don't want to set the expectational bar higher for Uconn than other schools.

Reaction Score
Uconn will never be in the same building with Penn St not now,not in our lifetime.

Reaction Score
Uconn will never be in the same building with Penn St not now,not in our lifetime.

Of course the Army teams/fans of the Doc Blanchard & Glenn Davis era probably said the same thing about Penn State. And the Loyola of Chicago National Champs (in hoops) probably said the same thing about UConn hoops. Things change, things can be made to change.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not me. I was proud that little old Connecticut (once the "Beast of the little old Yankee Conference" and first round loser in the NCAA's to St Joesephs) is now once again the National Champions of College Basketball. They beat the Baron's of the Bluegrass (Kentucky) not once but twice. They have more national championships than Syracuse, Florida, Maryland, Wisconsin, Texas, etc. Imagine that little old Connecticut - the best of the best once again. Thinking Calhoun is the MAN. Wonder if fans thought John Wooden "was dirty" back when he had better bench players than most teams starters. Musta been up to something to land a Lew Alcindor all the way from NYC.

Actually a lot of people think UCLA was dirty and players took a lot of cash under the table.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
In my perfect world TDH is a Broncos fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom