Pruitt had a good game overall, BUT | The Boneyard

Pruitt had a good game overall, BUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
his lack of foot speed showed on some of those jet sweeps/zone plays that buffalo ran. He diagnosed the plays well but the RB simply out ran him to the edge and turned in some nice gainers. Really makes me wonder about Adeyemi, and Jonathan Louis. Are both guys that bad that they can't crack the rotation with Jennings and Joseph out. Our overall team speed on defense has taken a hit, with the loss of those two. I worry about Pruitt setting the edge against RU/and Jamison next week.

Reaction Score
I think that's exactly right. He played well for a soph playing out of position, but there is nothing that he can do about being a step slower than you need a SSDE to be.

Reaction Score
Pruitt was doing exactly what he was supposed to be doing, and he did a good job of crashing down on the QB on the option and zone/read plays.

We gave up way too many big plays on D again today, and nearly had another one go for a TD had the ball been on target. Our middle defense deep, is still young, and the show it. The hook and ladder, is a fundamentall.

Reaction Score
Pruitt was doing exactly what he was supposed to be doing, and he did a good job of crashing down on the QB on the option and zone/read plays.

We gave up way too many big plays on D again today, and nearly had another one go for a TD had the ball been on target. Our middle defense deep, is still young, and the show it. The hook and ladder, is a fundamentall.

The hook and ladder wasn't the issue. Nice call by Buffalo. The issue was the absolutely woeful attenpt at tackling the receiver. The angle taken by Ty-Meer Brown was horrid.

Reaction Score
And I thought Pruitt played well. I think it's time the D goes 3-4 full time, Pruitt and Wirth at end and Stephen in the middle. On obvious run downs, have Smallwood stand up outside the tackle.

Reaction Score

Not the two plays I'm talking about. The opposite side DE, crashed down and the play/sweep in the opposite direction was run right at Pruitt. He diagnosed, and was positioned well, simply didn't have the football speed to keep contain and the RB out ran him to the edge. He is a natural DT beign asked to play defensive end. Like the original post said, he played well, made some real solid plays, including the knockdown of the pass on a crucial third down, but there were a few plays where his lack of foot speed was apparent. Remember that was UB's third string tailback. I think RU runs more pro set stuff, but I'm worried about Jamison running wild off the edge.

Reaction Score
This team really misses Joseph, it's not the same defense without him. He allowed smallwood and williams to get open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom