Prospect Nation Pick their U16 Teams | The Boneyard

Prospect Nation Pick their U16 Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Confused. The link you provided has Espinoza-Hunter on the team that they picked??

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Sorry, the link I provided was Blue Star. I thought I had copied the Prospect Nation link and didn't check my post after posting.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Sorry, the link I provided was Blue Star. I thought I had copied the Prospect Nation link and didn't check my post after posting.
In the class of 2017, she's #3 per Blue Star.

Reaction Score
I am becoming convinced that AAU politics plays a huge role in these HS rankings. I haven't seen any of these players in games so I have no idea of their talent but E-Hunter does play on the Philly Belles, Mike Flynn's team.

To a degree, these people are acting as PR agents for players. That has nothing to do with the players themselves but I take their rankings with a grain of salt.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
To a degree, these people are acting as PR agents for players. That has nothing to do with the players themselves but I take their rankings with a grain of salt.
That's why I try to take (get) all the rankings and make a composite. Gives you a better idea.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I am becoming convinced that AAU politics plays a huge role in these HS rankings. I haven't seen any of these players in games so I have no idea of their talent but E-Hunter does play on the Philly Belles, Mike Flynn's team.

The top end is usually pretty clear and fairly consistent across the board - often disagreements in comparative position (#2 vs. #3 sort of thing) which is not surprising as you are comparing different positions as well. After that, it gets into exposure and number of viewing opportunities and that can be very regional and certainly includes affiliations as well. Add in very different competition each time out and few head-to-head chances to evaluate, as well as a huge field to evaluate and the further you get from the top of the rankings the more meaningless they are. By the time you are ranking the 30th vs. 40th player in a class the distinction is pretty meaningless and may turn on a single good or bad game witnessed. As you go down in age, the rankings become even more questionable.

Reaction Score

I think that there is less bias based on AAU program than geography. Kids who play for the better known, established AAU programs are simply seen more often and will travel outside their area so an evaluator has more information to judge. Otherwise they go with players that they have seen most within their geographic travel zone. Smaller AAU programs aren't at EYBL tournaments and all the better know tourneys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom