Preseason All Americans | The Boneyard

Preseason All Americans

Status
Not open for further replies.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Even with Loyd and Zahui going pro, there is a lot of talent in women's basketball next year. Here is my preseason list:
1st Team:
Breanna Stewart, Sr, Connecticut-Stewart will be the heavy favorite to take home her third POY award and fourth championship. She is incredibly difficult to match up with, and will need to take a leadership role for UCONN to be successful next year.

Moriah Jefferson, Sr, Connecticut-I think Jefferson could give Stewart a run for her money in the POY competition next year. Jefferson is one of the quickest, smoothest, and best two way point guards in women's college basketball history. She can dominate a game defensively, and is ridiculously efficient. 59% FG, 50% 3pt, 84% FT, 3:1 A/To....and that's taking in her first 8-9 games which were nowhere close to being this good.

Nina Davis, Jr, Baylor-Davis is one of the best rebounders and finishers in women's basketball. She has had back to back outstanding seasons, and should have the talent around her to lead Baylor into the Final Four this year. I'd look for her numbers to dip with the addition of Alexis Jones, but the improvement of Baylor as a team should give her more name recognition.

Tiffany Mitchell, Sr, South Carolina-Mitchell has had back to back outstanding seasons for South Carolina. She is the Gamecocks' only true perimeter threat who can beat you off the dribble and from the outside. An incredibly efficient guard in her own right, she'll need to have another strong year to bring South Carolina back to the Final Four.

Diamond DeShields, So, Tennessee-A lot might not agree with me here, but I think DeShields is going to be outstanding at Tennessee. She was the National Freshman of the Year in an incredibly strong class, and is as physically gifted as anyone in the country. If she can get help from Russell and Graves, Tennessee should have their best shot in years to break the Final Four drought.

2nd Team:
Kelsey Mitchell, So, Ohio State-Had a hard time leaving her off first team, but I just don't see Ohio State being competitive enough for her to garner more recognition than the above players. She is one of the most talented scorers in the nation. She is on pace to break Stiles' scoring record, I think if Ohio State becomes one of the better teams in the Big Ten, she could easily wind up as a 1st Teamer.

Brianna Turner, So, Notre Dame-This might be a bold prediction, but I think she will be the most improved player in women's basketball next year. She was arguably the best frontcourt player on the floor in the title game and has more untapped potential than anyone in women's basketball. She'll also be Notre Dame's go to next year without Loyd and Muffett is one of the nation's best at developing players.

Lexie Brown, Jr, Maryland was phenomenal this year and returns the core of their team. Their leader and best player is Brown, who had a sensational sophomore year where she earned 3rd Team Ap All American honors. She can beat you off the dribble, score from outside and is very good on the defensive end. Maryland should be a favorite to return to the Final Four next year, and Brown will be leading the squad once again.

Morgan Tuck, Jr, Connecticut-Tuck might have the most polished offensive post game of any women's college basketball player. She also has a good midrange shot and can score from long range, making her an incredibly difficult match up. She is unexpectedly quick with her size and frame, and she finishes really well inside. She'll take on a bigger role next year with KML and Stokes gone, but as a result, she should garner more deserved recognition.

A'ja Wilson, So, South Carolina-Another player who I think is primed for a breakout year. Wilson had a strong freshman campaign but will need to take on a more prominent role for USC to be a title contender next year. She has an ideal frame and skill set for a power forward. She rebounds well, can finish inside and has a mid range jumper. She has all the tools to be outstanding, and next year she might break out.

3rd Team:
Jillian Alleyne, Sr, Oregon-I have not seen much of Alleyne, but she has incredibly gaudy stats while playing in a decent conference. Unless Oregon significantly improves, I cannot see her garnering much national attention, but I know some think she has great upside at the next level with her ability to rebound the basketball.

Ruth Hamblin, Sr, Oregon State-I have not seen a ton of Hamblin, but she had a nice junior season as Oregon State had their best season in school history. If Oregon State has another terrific year, Hamblin could definitely be on more All-American teams next year.

Courtney Williams, Sr, Texas A&M-Texas A&M had an underwhelming year, but Williams is one of the best wings in the nation. She has an outstanding midrange game and is athleticism to blow by a defender.

Leticia Romero, Jr, Florida State-And outstanding passer and scorer, she is going to be a force in the ACC this year now that she has a 1/2 year under her belt at Florida State.

Imani McGee-Stafford, Sr, Texas-One of the more intriguing players in the nation. She was outstanding to finish 2014-15 and has huge potential with her size, athleticism and skill set. If she plays consistently at a high level, she could challenge for Big 12 POY.

HM:
Alaina Coates, Jr, South Carolina-One of the best bigs in the nation. Coates can dominate inside and has potential to be a star if she demands more touches.

Courtney Williams, Sr, South Florida-One of the more underrated guards in the nation. She is a phenomenal athlete with a great midrange game.

Makayla Epps, Jr, Kentucky-A big guard who can light it up on a good night.

Lindsey Allen, Jr, Notre Dame-Much improved as an offensive threat as a sophomore, she'll need to take on a bigger role next year with Loyd gone.

Azura Stevens, So, Duke-Another outstanding freshman who could really light it up next year. A big forward with guard skills and finishes well inside. She has huge upside and could be really really good next year.

Lili Thompson, Jr, Stanford-An athletic guard who can create her own shot. Had an up and down junior season, but will be Stanford's go to player next year.

Alexis Jones, Jr, Baylor-She could easily be a 2nd or 3rd team All-American this year. Having her on the perimeter and Davis inside with Johnson running the point makes Baylor incredibly different to match up with.

Alisha Gray, Jr, UNC-Another player who should get more publicity next year. One of the better scorers in the nation, she has a very complete offensive game and should lead a strong UNC team next year.

Mariya Moore, So, Louisville-She was one of the better freshmen in the country this season. Louisville has an incredible young core this year between her, Hines-Allen and Durr in the lineup.

Reaction Score
Excellent analysis covering 3 teams and honorable mentions. While I wouldn't predict it during the preseason, both Kelsey Mitchell and A'ja Wilson are capable of monster seasons and could be voted first team aa.

Reaction Score
Excellent analysis covering 3 teams and honorable mentions. While I wouldn't predict it during the preseason, both Kelsey Mitchell and A'ja Wilson are capable of monster seasons and could be voted first team aa.

Add Morgan Tuck to that first team list a well. What we saw from her was a glimpse of a things to come. Stay healthy, then somebody has a problem to deal with.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Pretty good analysis except about Briana Turner: "She was arguably the best frontcourt player on the floor in the title game". That is a ridiculous statement!

How is that ridiculous? She had 14 points, 10 rebounds, shot 7-9 from the floor and defensively did an outstanding job on Stewart. On the season Stewart was obviously the superior player, but that game I'd argue Turner had the best showing of anyone besides Jefferson.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
A few notable omissions IMO. Bulgak of FSU will likely make 1st Team
Ariel Powers of MSU will likely make Second team. Graves of Tenn. will likely contend for 2nd team spot. Nya Johnson Baylor will likely make at least honorable mention or more probably 3rd team. Mavunga UNC will get consideration for something. One of the Freshmen from class of 2015 will make one of these teams my bet is on Durr of Louisville for NFOY and 2nd team. I would also flip the two Courtney Williams. Williams-USF should be 3rd team. Williams-TA&M honorable mention at best.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
How is that ridiculous? She had 14 points, 10 rebounds, shot 7-9 from the floor and defensively did an outstanding job on Stewart. On the season Stewart was obviously the superior player, but that game I'd argue Turner had the best showing of anyone besides Jefferson.
Not ridiculous just a slight oversight. You are focused on comparing Turner to Stewie- a fair maybe even close comparison. KML was the best front court player in that game IMO.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
How is that ridiculous? She h 14 points, 10 rebounds, shot 7-9 from the floor and defensively did an outstanding job on Stewart. On the season Stewart was obviously the superior player, but that game I'd argue Turner had the best showing of anyone besides Jefferson.

I didn't think that Turner did anything to convince me that she was better than Stewart. In that game. Stewart does so many things that don't show up in the box score. She was EASILy the best player on the court.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
A few notable omissions IMO. Bulgak of FSU will likely make 1st Team
Ariel Powers of MSU will likely make Second team. Graves of Tenn. will likely contend for 2nd team spot. Nya Johnson Baylor will likely make at least honorable mention or more probably 3rd team. Mavunga UNC will get consideration for something. One of the Freshmen from class of 2015 will make one of these teams my bet is on Durr of Louisville for NFOY and 2nd team. I would also flip the two Courtney Williams. Williams-USF should be 3rd team. Williams-TA&M honorable mention at best.

Yes leaving Powers off is a glaring omission........

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Powers needs to be more efficient. She took a ton of shots but made less than 40% of them and 30% on 3s. She's not a 2nd team AA.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Turner had a strong second half. Jefferson had a strong second half. KML was outstanding. What I will remember from the game long-term is Stewart's rebounding performance. Seen from the alternative camera shots it is even more impressive.

Reaction Score
She is not better than Stewart at all, but you could argue that she was the best from court player that night. She played well. Me I say Stewart still was the better that night, but not by much and it was an off night for her.

Reaction Score
bballnut did not say Turner was better than Stewart. She meant/said again that overall Turner was arguably the best of (Stewie Tuck and Reimer.) of the bigs on the floor for that given evening. I agree with that. Though imo Stewie was hurt with her ankle. I thought her athleticism took a huge hit despite the rebounds she pulled down.

I think the one major question in the top 5 is Tiffany Mitchell.

I don't think Tuck will get the respect considering if another team wins 30/31 games leading into NCAA's. I see Stewie, MoJeff, And DD as a lock. Nina as close ot a lock as possible. I'm still stunned how she does it.

So if any other team such as USC, ND, FSU, MD or Ohio State - to name a few wins 30/31 games and have en elite performer, Tuck may not get the respect she deserves.

Courtney Williams from USF-- would love to see their ooc schedule this year. I think she is terrific. Hopefully, they have scheduled in OOC a winnable game or two vs a high-tier team where she could show her stuff.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Powers needs to be more efficient. She took a ton of shots but made less than 40% of them and 30% on 3s. She's not a 2nd team AA.
I disagree that she not 2nd team AA. Powers sophomore shooting numbers were comparable to Diamond Deshields as a Freshmen so there is room for improvement. Powers is top 10 (#9) in scoring and also top 10 in rebounding (#7). Nina Davis by comparison is not top 10 in either #16 in points and not even top 50 in rebounds. Powers would be the first to be top 10 in both scoring and rebounding and not be name All American in both MCBB and WCBB ever!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
bballnut did not say Turner was better than Stewart. She meant/said again that overall Turner was arguably the best of (Stewie Tuck and Reimer.) of the bigs on the floor for that given evening. I agree with that. Though imo Stewie was hurt with her ankle. I thought her athleticism took a huge hit despite the rebounds she pulled down.
We must not have been watching the same game or reading the same post:
Bballnut wrote ; She (Turner) was arguably the best frontcourt player on the floor in the title game and has more untapped potential than anyone in women's basketball.
Front Court players in the NC game included: Turner, Wesbeld, Reimer, Stewie, Tuck, Stokes and KML
Bballnut and your opinion was Turner was the best in NC game. ETT & UCONNever believed Stewie was the best. Gus and I thought KML was the best.
Stewie missed less than 2 minutes of game time getting re-taped after the ankle turn. She splashed a baseline jumper over Turner almost immediately upon her return to the game. There was no huge hit to her athleticism.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I disagree that she not 2nd team AA. Powers sophomore shooting numbers were comparable to Diamond Deshields as a Freshmen so there is room for improvement. Powers is top 10 (#9) in scoring and also top 10 in rebounding (#7). Nina Davis by comparison is not top 10 in either #16 in points and not even top 50 in rebounds. Powers would be the first to be top 10 in both scoring and rebounding and not be name All American in both MCBB and WCBB ever!

Powers earned HM from both the AP and WBCA. She may move up to 3rd team AP but I don't expect her to make the AP's 2nd team. There are too many better players ahead of her. She was an inefficient scorer last season and needs to improve on that. I expect she will.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I was just looking over her stats..... she averaged 12 rebounds a game.... 3.5 assists... 2.2 steals... and 1.2 blocks........ Her biggest problem was that MSU wasnt good last season.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I didn't think that Turner did anything to convince me that she was better than Stewart. In that game. Stewart does so many things that don't show up in the box score. She was EASILy the best player on the court.

I was thinking the exact same thing. You took the words right out of my mouth. An excellent observation.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Powers earned HM from both the AP and WBCA. She may move up to 3rd team AP but I don't expect her to make the AP's 2nd team. There are too many better players ahead of her. She was an inefficient scorer last season and needs to improve on that. I expect she will.
I don't think we are that far apart. You say 3rd Team, I say 2nd. I think Triad is right Powers got the short end of the stick opposite of what Morgan got last year. Morgan got too many other good/great players on your team to get AA consideration. Powers got good player putting up great numbers on a poor team. I saw 4 of her games on B10 network last year-she does everything for that team. There aren't 15 better players in WCBB IMO.

Reaction Score
Those of you who said Powers should not be pre season second team aa don't really know the situation with her. Michigan St.was decimated with injuries last year. I believe 3 of their starters were out for the year, plus reserves were also out. Most games they only had 6 players available. Everything fell onto Powers shoulders, she had to carry the team, and she did most of the time. I'm sure she was given the green light to shoot at any time. I've seen so many games where she was totally exualsted by games end where she just fell to the floor tired. So, yeah, I would think her FG% would be lower than usual.

Another player to keep an eye on for aa honors is Nia Coffey from Northwestern, 15.8 ppg, 44% FG, 8.9 rbpg. Just an outstanding player, tough matchup.

Reaction Score
We must not have been watching the same game or reading the same post:
Bballnut wrote ; She (Turner) was arguably the best frontcourt player on the floor in the title game and has more untapped potential than anyone in women's basketball.
Front Court players in the NC game included: Turner, Wesbeld, Reimer, Stewie, Tuck, Stokes and KML
Bballnut and your opinion was Turner was the best in NC game. ETT & UCONNever believed Stewie was the best. Gus and I thought KML was the best.
Stewie missed less than 2 minutes of game time getting re-taped after the ankle turn. She splashed a baseline jumper over Turner almost immediately upon her return to the game. There was no huge hit to her athleticism.

I couldn't disagree with you more about Stewie I almost brought up on my post "the shot" you are referring to once she returned of a player hitting what was basically a set shot and all of a sudden the announcers proclaimed "she wasn't hurt." Relook at that shot she hit. Did she even get more than a couple of inches off the ground? Did she move quickly off the ball or do a quick ball-handling move to put Turner off balance? No. It was a slow methodical move. Just because a player hits a set shot doesn't make them healthy. Another play she got lightly bumped on an out-of-bounds play and flew to the ground like a 5 year old would because she didn't have strength and balance. Her injury affected her game big time.

If you want to refer KML as frontcourt player - okay - we are splitting hairs. Small forwards are considered frontcourt players in one respect but in another they are also called wings. Because I rarely see KML ever guard a post player - I refer to her more of a wing. But if you want to classify her as a frontcourt player-- I'll agree she was better than Turner in that game. It's not my interpretation though that KML is a frontcourt player - but instead a wing. Whne UCONN would play Renee Montgomery, Ketia Swanier and Mel Thomas at once -- I wouldn't refer to Mel as a frontcourt player either.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Those of you who said Powers should not be pre season second team aa don't really know the situation with her. Michigan St.was decimated with injuries last year. I believe 3 of their starters were out for the year, plus reserves were also out. Most games they only had 6 players available. Everything fell onto Powers shoulders, she had to carry the team, and she did most of the time. I'm sure she was given the green light to shoot at any time. I've seen so many games where she was totally exualsted by games end where she just fell to the floor tired. So, yeah, I would think her FG% would be lower than usual.

Another player to keep an eye on for aa honors is Nia Coffey from Northwestern, 15.8 ppg, 44% FG, 8.9 rbpg. Just an outstanding player, tough matchup.

I watched several of Powers' games last year. I like her a lot. I also understand the injury situation at MSU. She definitely earned the HM awards last season. With more support in the upcoming season maybe she'll shoot more efficiently and commit fewer turnovers (154). I just don't consider her as one of the 10 best players in America right now. We'll see what the upcoming season brings.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Even with Loyd and Zahui going pro, there is a lot of talent in women's basketball next year. Here is my preseason list:
1st Team:
Breanna Stewart, Sr, Connecticut-Stewart will be the heavy favorite to take home her third POY award and fourth championship. She is incredibly difficult to match up with, and will need to take a leadership role for UCONN to be successful next year.

Moriah Jefferson, Sr, Connecticut-I think Jefferson could give Stewart a run for her money in the POY competition next year. Jefferson is one of the quickest, smoothest, and best two way point guards in women's college basketball history. She can dominate a game defensively, and is ridiculously efficient. 59% FG, 50% 3pt, 84% FT, 3:1 A/To....and that's taking in her first 8-9 games which were nowhere close to being this good.

Nina Davis, Jr, Baylor-Davis is one of the best rebounders and finishers in women's basketball. She has had back to back outstanding seasons, and should have the talent around her to lead Baylor into the Final Four this year. I'd look for her numbers to dip with the addition of Alexis Jones, but the improvement of Baylor as a team should give her more name recognition.

Tiffany Mitchell, Sr, South Carolina-Mitchell has had back to back outstanding seasons for South Carolina. She is the Gamecocks' only true perimeter threat who can beat you off the dribble and from the outside. An incredibly efficient guard in her own right, she'll need to have another strong year to bring South Carolina back to the Final Four.

Diamond DeShields, So, Tennessee-A lot might not agree with me here, but I think DeShields is going to be outstanding at Tennessee. She was the National Freshman of the Year in an incredibly strong class, and is as physically gifted as anyone in the country. If she can get help from Russell and Graves, Tennessee should have their best shot in years to break the Final Four drought.

2nd Team:
Kelsey Mitchell, So, Ohio State-Had a hard time leaving her off first team, but I just don't see Ohio State being competitive enough for her to garner more recognition than the above players. She is one of the most talented scorers in the nation. She is on pace to break Stiles' scoring record, I think if Ohio State becomes one of the better teams in the Big Ten, she could easily wind up as a 1st Teamer.

Brianna Turner, So, Notre Dame-This might be a bold prediction, but I think she will be the most improved player in women's basketball next year. She was arguably the best frontcourt player on the floor in the title game and has more untapped potential than anyone in women's basketball. She'll also be Notre Dame's go to next year without Loyd and Muffett is one of the nation's best at developing players.

Lexie Brown, Jr, Maryland was phenomenal this year and returns the core of their team. Their leader and best player is Brown, who had a sensational sophomore year where she earned 3rd Team Ap All American honors. She can beat you off the dribble, score from outside and is very good on the defensive end. Maryland should be a favorite to return to the Final Four next year, and Brown will be leading the squad once again.

Morgan Tuck, Jr, Connecticut-Tuck might have the most polished offensive post game of any women's college basketball player. She also has a good midrange shot and can score from long range, making her an incredibly difficult match up. She is unexpectedly quick with her size and frame, and she finishes really well inside. She'll take on a bigger role next year with KML and Stokes gone, but as a result, she should garner more deserved recognition.

A'ja Wilson, So, South Carolina-Another player who I think is primed for a breakout year. Wilson had a strong freshman campaign but will need to take on a more prominent role for USC to be a title contender next year. She has an ideal frame and skill set for a power forward. She rebounds well, can finish inside and has a mid range jumper. She has all the tools to be outstanding, and next year she might break out.

3rd Team:
Jillian Alleyne, Sr, Oregon-I have not seen much of Alleyne, but she has incredibly gaudy stats while playing in a decent conference. Unless Oregon significantly improves, I cannot see her garnering much national attention, but I know some think she has great upside at the next level with her ability to rebound the basketball.

Ruth Hamblin, Sr, Oregon State-I have not seen a ton of Hamblin, but she had a nice junior season as Oregon State had their best season in school history. If Oregon State has another terrific year, Hamblin could definitely be on more All-American teams next year.

Courtney Williams, Sr, Texas A&M-Texas A&M had an underwhelming year, but Williams is one of the best wings in the nation. She has an outstanding midrange game and is athleticism to blow by a defender.

Leticia Romero, Jr, Florida State-And outstanding passer and scorer, she is going to be a force in the ACC this year now that she has a 1/2 year under her belt at Florida State.

Imani McGee-Stafford, Sr, Texas-One of the more intriguing players in the nation. She was outstanding to finish 2014-15 and has huge potential with her size, athleticism and skill set. If she plays consistently at a high level, she could challenge for Big 12 POY.

HM:
Alaina Coates, Jr, South Carolina-One of the best bigs in the nation. Coates can dominate inside and has potential to be a star if she demands more touches.

Courtney Williams, Sr, South Florida-One of the more underrated guards in the nation. She is a phenomenal athlete with a great midrange game.

Makayla Epps, Jr, Kentucky-A big guard who can light it up on a good night.

Lindsey Allen, Jr, Notre Dame-Much improved as an offensive threat as a sophomore, she'll need to take on a bigger role next year with Loyd gone.

Azura Stevens, So, Duke-Another outstanding freshman who could really light it up next year. A big forward with guard skills and finishes well inside. She has huge upside and could be really really good next year.

Lili Thompson, Jr, Stanford-An athletic guard who can create her own shot. Had an up and down junior season, but will be Stanford's go to player next year.

Alexis Jones, Jr, Baylor-She could easily be a 2nd or 3rd team All-American this year. Having her on the perimeter and Davis inside with Johnson running the point makes Baylor incredibly different to match up with.

Alisha Gray, Jr, UNC-Another player who should get more publicity next year. One of the better scorers in the nation, she has a very complete offensive game and should lead a strong UNC team next year.

Mariya Moore, So, Louisville-She was one of the better freshmen in the country this season. Louisville has an incredible young core this year between her, Hines-Allen and Durr in the lineup.

Thanks bballnut90 - This is an excellent post. Most of these ladies are expected to have breakout seasons this fall. These are the best players in the country, and are worthy of the exposure. IMO, I think Turner (ND) will be an ALL American by the end of her junior year. She's going to raise some eyebrows this year. Tuck (UConn) will achieve AA status. She has emerged as the team leader. She's hard to guard. She finishes well under the basket, and will make you play her honest by hitting a 3 every once in a while.

I can't wait to see what Diamond Deshields (TN) is going to do this year. Having to sit out a year, you know she's chomping at the bit to get back on the court. A lot of people don't like her for what ever reason. I wouldn't mind having her on my team. A 6'2" guard with handles, moxie and a will to win. It will be interesting to see how Coach W manages her team next year. Many think this will be the most talented team she's had since taking over for Summitt.

Jefferson (UConn) OMG...Winner of the Nancy Lieberman Award (Best point guard in the country) I think she be saving her best performance for her senior year. She had an amazing year last season. Just ask some of the girls that tried to guard her. In the South Carolina game, she got a defensive rebound under the basket and out raced all 5 defenders to the other end of the court for an uncontested layup. News flash.....speed kills. Now that she has proven that she can shoot the 3 ball consistently, how do you stop her?

I'm also interested in seeing how the top rated incoming freshmen fare this year, especially our girls at UConn.

Reaction Score
It's tough to say who had the better game without considering the attention they got from the opponent. Turner had a great second half after being a non-factor for the first 20 minutes. And a lot of her second half success was due to the fact that she wasn't a focus of UConn's defense, in much the same way that Tuck was treated by Notre Dame in the game in South Bend . Notre Dame's defense was geared to limiting Stewart while UConn's was focussed on Loyd.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
She is not better than Stewart at all, but you could argue that she was the best from court player that night. She played well. Me I say Stewart still was the better that night, but not by much and it was an off night for her.

Stewart gets a lot more defensive attention than Turner, who is pretty much free to float around on offense. Turner had 6 more points than Stewart but Stewart had 5 more rebounds, however, Stewart had 4 blocks to Turner's 1, Turner had 2 turnovers to Stewart's 1, Stewart had 2 steals to Turner's 1. Neither really took too many shots, thus their relatively low scoring.

Based on those stats I see no argument for Turner being the better player that night. Stewart had much larger impact on defense than Turner, which often goes unappreciated because you cannot put a specific stat on it, but her defensive presence often did not allow ND to execute its offense as they wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom