Premium Ways the B12 Can Die in a Fire Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Premium Ways the B12 Can Die in a Fire Thread

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Cincy prez responding to this :

@MStine_4
@UCPrezDav please lead us to the Big 12! All of Bearcat Nation knows that you can do it and we believe in you! #pawsup

Reaction Score
ThisIsUConnCountry ‏@MattSchonvisky 11m11 minutes ago
Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby joined @CedGolden & @kbohls & talked expansion: "We have a lot of initiatives going on, but as I've said..."

ThisIsUConnCountry ‏@MattSchonvisky 9m9 minutes ago
"before, I'm going to keep conversations between me & people I've had them with. We have lot of moving parts, but what I said about national

ThisIsUConnCountry ‏@MattSchonvisky 7m7 minutes ago
"..competitiveness is close to a good answer as I can give you on this topic too. We need to do the things that will optimize ability to.."

ThisIsUConnCountry ‏@MattSchonvisky 6m6 minutes ago
"keep pace with competition at the national level and so our board has been very engaged & President Fenves & Boren are both leaders."

ThisIsUConnCountry ‏@MattSchonvisky 5m5 minutes ago
"ISU President Leath serves on NCAA Board of Directors so we have good representation among Pres & Chancellors & they are thoughtful &.."

ThisIsUConnCountry ‏@MattSchonvisky 4m4 minutes ago
"as engaged as they've ever been in my time here with the Big 12 Conference."

ThisIsUConnCountry ‏@MattSchonvisky 3m3 minutes ago
Bowlsby on Houston win over OU: "I'm not getting into talking about any members who are under consideration. It's not SHORT term discussion"

ThisIsUConnCountry ‏@MattSchonvisky 2m2 minutes ago
"How you do in 1 game or 1 season isn't particularly material. We are looking at metrics on deeper level than that & I'll leave it at that."

ThisIsUConnCountry‏@MattSchonvisky
Bowlsby on non-revenue sports for potential candidates: "Our aspiration is same for all of our sports as it is for football..."

ThisIsUConnCountry ‏@MattSchonvisky 1m1 minute ago
"This year we won 3 Natl Titles, finished in top 4 in 16 sports, had 3 of last 8 in baseball, won softball champ, in final in volleyball.."

ThisIsUConnCountry ‏@MattSchonvisky 4m4 minutes ago
"We had a team in the Final 4, had a team in Final 4 in football, aspirationally we want to be just as good as we can be everywhere we play"

ThisIsUConnCountry ‏@MattSchonvisky 3m3 minutes ago
"Despite fact that media attention is on football & possibly men's/women's bball during the year, some baseball, those that work on..."

"inside & on campus, we want to be as good as we can be in everything we sponsor. If we look at adding new members, they are going to have..

ThisIsUConnCountry‏@MattSchonvisky
"bear up to that pressure because our league is about broad based programming & about winning championships" Bowlsby

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"Despite fact that media attention is on football & possibly men's/women's bball during the year, some baseball, those that work on..."

ThisIsUConnCountry ‏@MattSchonvisky 1m1 minute ago
"inside & on campus, we want to be as good as we can be in everything we sponsor. If we look at adding new members, they are going to have..

ThisIsUConnCountry ‏@MattSchonvisky 30s30 seconds ago
"bear up to that pressure because our league is about broad based programming & about winning championships" Bowlsby

ThisIsUConnCountry ‏@MattSchonvisky 32s33 seconds ago
Bowlsby on other criteria: "I'm not going into chapter & verse on criteria we are looking at. Haven't done so far & no desire to do now"

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Patrick Engel@PatrickEngel_ 1 hour ago
Recapping the week of #Big12 expansion and where #SMU stands

scout 1.jpg
Scout 2.jpg

Reaction Score
Ralph Russo: AP Source: Dungy part of USF pitch to Big 12 as meeting wrap

>>Hall of Fame coach Tony Dungy was part of South Florida's pitch to the Big 12 and former major league first baseman Tino Martinez also went to bat for the Bulls.

The Big 12 on Friday concluded a week of meetings in North Texas with the 11 schools vying to join the conference. USF, Cincinnati and Rice made the final presentations, according to three people with knowledge of the meetings who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity.

The people spoke on condition of anonymity because the conference was keeping its meetings confidential.

According to a person familiar with USF's pitch, Tampa Bay Lightning owner Jeffrey Vinik was part of the team sent to Texas and the presentation included a video with Dungy and Martinez endorsing the Bulls.<<

Reaction Score
Ryan Aber ‏@ryaber 7m 7 minutes ago (Oklahoma Sooners beat writer for The Oklahoman )
David Boren: Big 12 expansion "not a given"

Ryan Aber@ryaber 2 hours ago
Still sifting through 30 mins w/ Boren. He also said he would take into consideration the wishes of fans. Will exp candidates excite fans?

Eric Bailey ‏@EricBaileyTW 2h 2 hours ago
Boren in weighing Big 12 candidates-Do they add financial strength? Do they add athletic/academic strength? Do they add athletic excitement?

Eric Bailey ‏@EricBaileyTW 2h2 hours ago
Boren: "I'm also listening to fans, not just to our coaches & AD ... How do they feel about it? Are they excited about the expansion pool?"

Reaction Score
OU's Boren: Big 12 expansion 'not a sure thing'

TULSA, Okla. -- Oklahoma president and Big 12 board chair David Boren said Wednesday that Big 12 expansion is "not a sure thing" and that he is "not certain" there will be any decision on expansion at the league's next board meeting in October.

Doing nothing ain't bad.

Why? I think this hornet's nest Boren - singlehandedly - provoked is good for UConn & others. I hate that we were pitted against each other for most of this year. However ... WE (the outcasts) have strengths and WE are National. I say billybud: you can have your freaking Privates in BC & Wake & SU and let them suck you dry for decades. There will be Content beyond the ACC Network, the SEC Network, The B1G Network; there will be a reckoning for this B12 in 2024; and there is going to be a bunch more money for the eyeballs that aren't in this new B12 aborted concept. Now, I believe that the AAC is not good for us in an All Sports league. We need to see where this drives to. This was an education process; and I am thinking that there is a big probability that they take no one.

Reaction Score
Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26 59m59 minutes ago

Tx Lt Gov @DanPatrick continues his push 2get @UHouston & @SMU n @Big12Conference:"We'll c how @UofOklahoma votes. Could they really vote no?

Texas Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick continues his push to get the University of Houston and SMU into the Big 12: “This is about Texas schools. I don't really give a hoot and a holler about UConn or some school in Florida or anywhere else. This is good for Texas. Texas schools oughta vote for other Texas schools. I know there's 'well we won't be able to recruit. We won't be able to get those kids.' Will you put Texas first, put our kids first? They have to vote. We'll see how Oklahoma votes. I mean after the thrashing they took from the University of Houston, could they really vote no? I can't imagine they'd vote no. I feel good about the University of Houston. We'll see what happens with SMU.”

Reaction Score
Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26 59m59 minutes ago

Tx Lt Gov @DanPatrick continues his push 2get @UHouston & @SMU n @Big12Conference:"We'll c how @UofOklahoma votes. Could they really vote no?

Texas Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick continues his push to get the University of Houston and SMU into the Big 12: “This is about Texas schools. I don't really give a hoot and a holler about UConn or some school in Florida or anywhere else. This is good for Texas. Texas schools oughta vote for other Texas schools. I know there's 'well we won't be able to recruit. We won't be able to get those kids.' Will you put Texas first, put our kids first? They have to vote. We'll see how Oklahoma votes. I mean after the thrashing they took from the University of Houston, could they really vote no? I can't imagine they'd vote no. I feel good about the University of Houston. We'll see what happens with SMU.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom