Pre Season Pick for Offensive MVP | The Boneyard

Pre Season Pick for Offensive MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I think the smart answer is BS but I have a feeling about Ron Johnson this year. I know he was my pick last year and he struggled to hit the hole quickly, but he looked much better at the end of the year and the spring game. IF the line is improved, he is a load and I expect him to get a bulk of the carries as the year goes on, then I expect us to run and run and run.

Ron Johnson

Reaction Score
Newsome and Johnson should both be great, Shirreffs will have a better grasp of the offense and Thomas has NFL ability. Skanes could add a different dimension to the offense, but I hope the Offensive MVP is the O-line. If they're as improved as the staff is saying they are, this team has some weapons.

Reaction Score
If they're as improved as the staff is saying they are, this team has some weapons.

.....or should I say this team has some "tools".

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Two mentions of Skanes - interesting!

Reaction Score
Bryant Shirreffs - Over 3,000 all purpose yards, 20+/- TDs (rushing/passing combined), and fewer than 10 INTs. Also makes 2nd or 3rd team all conference. (Is there a third team? If not, honorable mention).
If it is BS then that means that he has worked his magic during games and everyone else will shine.

Reaction Score
Oline unsung heroes. Their breakout year and everyone else on O becomes miraculously better - BS, RJ, AN, TM, HM, NT.
An extra 2 seconds for all of them and we have a real offense.
Plus defense gets more rest and more sideline time for adjustment.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Ryan Crozier

Gave Crozier a lot of thought (Not really a lot; more like 2 seconds, but I only thought for like 3 seconds on Newsome. So by absolute standards it wasn't much time, but relative to my final answer it was a lot of thought).

Reaction Score
Tommy Myers, duh. He's from Coventry. Not sure what else you need to know.

But seriously, I think he could be poised for a huge season if he stays healthy. Even with some improvement in the OL, I'm sure we're gonna see some pressure from good defenses and outlet passes to the TE are gonna be huge for us to move the ball.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Newsome, mainly because the offense runs through him so frequently.

I'll take Tommy Myers as a second pick. He's great.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
In terms of "Most Outstanding Player", I'd like to think that Sherriffs, Newsome, and Thomas will put up some great numbers, with RonJohn having a nice bounceback year. When it comes to "Most Valuable Player" though, I have to jump on the Tommy Myers bandwagon. It really wasn't until after his injury in the Houston game that I began to understand how deeply position was involved in the rest of the offense, especially when it came to run blocking. For Arkeel and RonJohn to be able to have a successful season as our RB tandem, Myers will have to play a vital role in that. I'm also optimistic that his hands will be a bit more steadfast in the passing game - he showed some really nice flashes last year that could make him even more of a threat as a receiver.

I'm also a Tolland County homer though, so take that with a grain of salt.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Skanes.
Half surprised you didn't say Anderson.

Skanes has a solid chance to be ST MVP. If he is Off. MVP, UConn will have suffered a lot of injuries on the outside and I can't see how that is a good thing.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
After week 1 BS and RJ in the lead.

We might not have the best QB's when it comes to what QB's usually do, but our last 2, BS and CW, are tough SOB's and nose down competitors.

Reaction Score
I think the smart answer is BS but I have a feeling about Ron Johnson this year. I know he was my pick last year and he struggled to hit the hole quickly, but he looked much better at the end of the year and the spring game. IF the line is improved, he is a load and I expect him to get a bulk of the carries as the year goes on, then I expect us to run and run and run.

Ron Johnson

I predict that the defense will be the offensive MVP.

Reaction Score
If we learn to hit him in stride more than once a game. Thomas could habe huge season. I think Arkeel will lose his starting spot, but still get a good amount of touches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom