PP quote...1 more reason game has passed him by | The Boneyard

PP quote...1 more reason game has passed him by

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pasqualoni said. "They play a 4-3 style. They're not a big gimmick team and by that I mean you don't see a lot of different defenses each week. They like to line up in their defense and they like to play fundamentals, which is the best way to go in my opinion." Funny, anything he can't coach against, he calls gimmick...and PP claims the best way to go is to play "fundamentals" or in old football coach speak means to be "completely predictable". Maybe this is why PP doesn't make 2nd half adjustments, instead he likes to stick with "fundamentals" or he doesn't know any other way to play...not good in today's college football world where everyone else is coming up with "gimmick" plays or actually making adjustments and taking advantage of mismatches.

Reaction Score
Good thing PP wasn't leading the troops during the revolution. " Hey what are you guys doing hiding behind those trees? Get out in the open and fight like soldiers always have." There have been many comments by him, GDl and the players that seem to suggest that if anything is off script it throws the whole game plan into disarray. You don't hear our opponents complaining about that after playing us.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Makes me cringe to think what would happen if Pitt pulls out the "gimmicks" and starts blitzing or, God forbid, stunting. Paul and George won't have any idea what to do!

Reaction Score
Good thing PP wasn't leading the troops during the revolution. " Hey what are you guys doing hiding behind those trees? Get out in the open and fight like soldiers always have." There have been many comments by him, GDl and the players that seem to suggest that if anything is off script it throws the whole game plan into disarray. You don't hear our opponents complaining about that after playing us.

He was leading troops during the revolution - the British army. No adjustments against the colonists' guerilla warfare tactics and . . . he was primarily responsible for wrecking what had been a pretty solid "empire" going into this little uprising.

Reaction Score
Good thing PP wasn't leading the troops during the revolution. " Hey what are you guys doing hiding behind those trees? Get out in the open and fight like soldiers always have."

He was leading troops during the revolution - the British army. No adjustments against the colonists' guerilla warfare tactics and . . . he was primarily responsible for wrecking what had been a pretty solid "empire" going into this little uprising.

I love this.

Reaction Score
I think anyone with any sort of football acumen sees what UConn is offensively. They do not audible, never change protections once the play is called in the huddle. If a team really wanted to, they could destory Whitmer. Making it worse is the lack of a running game. Its an absurdly bad scheme.

That quote speaks volumes. Can you imagine PP trying to coach in the SEC or Big12? LOLOLOLOLOL

Reaction Score
I hate you Paul and George

smiley-face-swearing.gif

Reaction Score
PP might have been able to snow a numbers guy like Hathaway with his neanderthal playcalling and analysis, but I can't fathom a football guy likw WM not understanding the ludicrous nature of what PP and GDL are espousing. I like what SH said. "When I'm at a game I can't really watch because I'm always talking to donors raising money, etc. But what I keep hearing from the TV is that our defense is strong. I don't hear many good things about our offense." lol

Reaction Score
Fundamentals are catching, holding onto the ball, tackling, etc. For a coach to use that word in regards to tactics is frightening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom