PP on XM with Toretta and Arute | The Boneyard

PP on XM with Toretta and Arute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Q: Coach, when he comes does he [TJ Weist] more learn the scheme you're running and terminology or does he come in and say this what I'd like to do?

A: Geno, I'd say its about 70/30 our terminology to his. I just felt it would be ah it would make much more sense in the transition uh for the kids to have as much carryover uh as we could. So obviously uh you know you have a new coach, you have new ideas, I want those ideas, the staff wants those ideas, so we're trying to make it as neutrally comfortable for the players and TJ as we possibly can.

What's disconcerting is his use of the "our", when "I" would normally be used. Who is "OUR" when you're the head coach? This is rhetorical, of course. This is just proof that GDL and PP are BFF. Nothing will change this.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The terminology question has been addressed on this board. Terminology matters less than if the guy calling the plays picks the right combination. Last year, there didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for the plays being run (ie. plays were not being set up by previous calls). It was like some 14 YO playing Madden vs the computer.

Hopefully this changes with Coach Weist calling the plays and Coach DeLeone focusing on lineman technique.

Reaction Score
The terminology question has been addressed on this board. Terminology matters less than if the guy calling the plays picks the right combination. Last year, there didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for the plays being run (ie. plays were not being set up by previous calls). It was like some 14 YO playing Madden vs the computer.

Hopefully this changes with Coach Weist calling the plays and Coach DeLeone focusing on lineman technique.

I agree. Thats why i pretty much said exactly that in my post.

Also, i thought it was strange that when asked about our strengths and weaknesses, he listed OL and WR as main strengths. Defense as a whole (especially CB and replacing Wirth) were weaknesses. I think thats the opposite of what most people expect.

Reaction Score
It's 70/30 this year but yet when PP and GDL got here it sure looked like they shoved 100% of the new stuff down the offense's throat.

What a concept. Transition in the new stuff.

Reaction Score
I loved when he was touting the stadium and said Ryan Griffin III said it was the loudest place he played. I had to chuckle at that. Wonder if Papa Joe even knows there were two other Ryans before #94!!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I loved when he was touting the stadium and said Ryan Griffin III said it was the loudest place he played. I had to chuckle at that. Wonder if Papa Joe even knows there were two other Ryans before #94!!

The geezer can't even get our best talking point right? Sheesh!

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Hopefully it's 70/30 that Weist is planning GDL's retirement party.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Was he referring to Robert Griffin III. He of Baylor University and Heisman Trophy winning fame?

Reaction Score
Was he referring to Robert Griffin III. He of Baylor University and Heisman Trophy winning fame?

Of course. He was trying to make a key point about our stadium's atmosphere using the RGIII quote but his familiarity with Ryan Griffin caused the unfortunate substitution.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Of course. He was trying to make a key point about our stadium's atmosphere using the RGIII quote but his familiarity with Ryan Griffin caused the unfortunate substitution.
Unreal...

Reaction Score
Obviously coach p thought had a heisman winner on the huskies

Husky25

Reaction Score
What is so unreal about that? Haven't you ever misspoken. Some of you take criticism of Coach P to a level beyond reality.

No. I'm perfect...:rolleyes:

And I reserve the right to criticize any public figure, provided it's justified. Coach Pasqualoni himself, as well as the hiring thereof, has provided more than enough justification for criticism.

Reaction Score
Look we all understand mistakes can be made. It's simply ironic that in trying to tout our loud stadium atmosphere to an already skeptical national radio audience, he gets the name wrong causing a fair amount of head scratching. It's like blowing the punch line in a joke. You don't want people wincing while you're trying to make a point. It's like one of my first bosses--- new on the job for a week ---gathered us all together to tell us how much he likes what he has seen and said "i simply want to commend you on your work ethnic."

Reaction Score
Hard to believe but one of our **STAR** posters listed our QB as Cody Whitmer. I won't mention names but his initials are BL.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Coach Dracula is a fossil in his own world. That he does not know a player's name or how to access the internet is mot cool. It just shows this fool hire has been a disaster since day 1.
Telling kids to work out and get to class is fine in High School. Not so much with a flagship University. You need to explain your pathetic use of the wildcat and piss poor time mgt and clueless clock mgt. i watched doofus Dracula and uninspired Warde on SNY's special. God how they must regret airing that

Reaction Score
Coach Dracula is a fossil in his own world. That he does not know a player's name or how to access the internet is mot cool. It just shows this fool hire has been a disaster since day 1.
Telling kids to work out and get to class is fine in High School. Not so much with a flagship University. You need to explain your pathetic use of the wildcat and piss poor time mgt and clueless clock mgt. i watched doofus Dracula and uninspired Warde on SNY's special. God how they must regret airing that

Troll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34