Poor Shooting from Cuse-UConn | The Boneyard

Poor Shooting from Cuse-UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Both teams shot low percentages from 3-PT. What do you attribute this to?

My personal theory, which may be a little out there, is that both teams shot poorly because of the venue. Both teams were shooting three's from the NBA line, rather than the college line. I think it's natural instinct for spot-up shooters to drift behind the farthest line, and that seemed to be the case last night. If you take a look at some of the highlights, the majority of most threes taken were well beyond the college line.

A lot of these guys barely shoot around 35% from the college 3-PT line, let alone the NBA 3-PT line.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
UConn it was just poor shooting. They've not shown to be a high % team yet although I do think their numbers will start to look better as they gain more experience. They actually did a good job of getting open looks for once, just didn't knock them down.

With Syracuse, a little of both ... although UConn's defense was fantastic last night.

Reaction Score
I think you're spot on with the NBA line comment. Seemed like both teams were anchoring their perimeter players around the further 3 point line. I thought both teams adjusted in the second half for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro
Top Bottom