Poll: Who Wins Mon. Night - So. Carolina or Miss St. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Poll: Who Wins Mon. Night - So. Carolina or Miss St.

Who wins?

• South Carolina - (16-1, 6-0 SEC)

Votes: 113 69.8%
  • Mississippi Stare - (20-0, 6-0 SEC)

Votes: 49 30.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
I'll say... SC takes down Miss St. by single digits, but I think SC will lead the entire game. This game will be telling for MS - a lot of us think they've been, as another poster put it, "doing it with mirrors" this season and tomorrow night will tell whether or not they're able to really compete with the Top 10. What's Miss State's best win this season anyway?

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
With Wilson back and game at South Carolina, I'm picking So. Carolina.

Half Time of this Game, NCAA will reveal the Top 16 teams for the tournament, if Selection was held today. Wondering which Seed UConn will get? :)
I trust that you guys will post the 16 seeds at halftime for us Gamecock fans who will be at the game. I'll check WBB Central, AKA The Boneyard for the latest.

Reaction Score
A'ja and Alaina realize that getting a #1 seed and controlling their destiny to the NCAA is on the line. I except them to be on. I'll take my Gamecocks by 15.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Not at this point; if I had to guess, it will be just short of a sellout. If the rain stops there might be good walkup sales.
Like many WBB arenas, they usually only sell-out when the circus is in town. ;)

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Like many WBB arenas, they usually only sell-out when the circus is in town. ;)

I'm hopeful for a sellout Monday night, but expect it to be a little short.

Reaction Score
Toss-up. It is in Columbia, but from what I see Wilson is still nursing that ankle. It could be either team, depending on how far Wilson can go on that ankle. If she is only 70%, MissSt by 5; if she is 80-90%, USC by 5.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'll say... SC takes down Miss St. by single digits, but I think SC will lead the entire game. This game will be telling for MS - a lot of us think they've been, as another poster put it, "doing it with mirrors" this season and tomorrow night will tell whether or not they're able to really compete with the Top 10. What's Miss State's best win this season anyway?
Mississippi St has only played 1 ranked team, #8 (at the time) Texas. They won 79-68.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Although they are ranked ahead of SC, MS ST is probably the underdog in most everyone's mind. I am pulling for the Bulldogs for two reasons: because I like upsets (except when UConn is involved) and because a MS ST win will provide further testimony to the incredible motivation that Vic Schaefer and his team have drawn from the 60 pt demolition at the hands of the Huskies last year.

We were all impressed with Schaefer's comments after the Sweet 16 game in Bridgeport. While he indicated that his team was disappointed he was also absolutely convinced that his team would respond in a positive fashion, and have they ever responded by reeling off 18 straight wins to start the season.

Reaction Score
I expect SC to win but would not mind if Mississippi St. surprised me. No wonder every one out side of UConn wants us to lose, we do the same thing to all the other top teams. Fans are like that I guess.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Masssey has SC by 8, so I'll go with SC, although Massey doesn't factor in the possibility that Wilson may not be 100%.

Reaction Score
I will root for the Bulldogs but figure SC will win. Home court advantage and I do think their roster is more talented but I am hopeful for a good showing by MSU.

Reaction Score
South Carolina. If it was a home game for Mississippi State, I might be convinced to pick them. But they're not.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I expect SC to win but would not mind if Mississippi St. surprised me. No wonder every one out side of UConn wants us to lose, we do the same thing to all the other top teams. Fans are like that I guess.

You don't say, lol....

The irony here is that Mississippi State is the undefeated and higher ranked team.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'd be surprised if Miss State can keep the loss to under 10 points. Having said that..

Miss State is the only top team (I believe) who brings back all 5 starters from last year. Most other top teams lost some good/great talent to graduation. Having said that, SC needs to play a cohesive game - not have Davis shoot them out of the win. If Davis can control herself and take good shots, and Cuevas can play under control, it should be SC by about 12-15.

Then again, MSU hangs their hat on defense and has 5 starters who are exceptionally cohesive. I think their offense sputters more often than it should for a top team, but if their defense can frustrate SC offensively, it could be interesting.

Reaction Score
I call it a dead heat also. Home court advantage is cancelled out if Wilson is not 100%, Coates neutralized by MSS bigs, and K. Davis continues her slump. MSS William is a sneaky PG who can drop 20 on you, even at 5'3"

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I'm going to go against the grain (and conventional wisdom) on this one. Carnac sez...........Mississippi State by 8. :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom