Poll Who is Going to win ACC Regular Season Championship | The Boneyard

Poll Who is Going to win ACC Regular Season Championship

Who is Going to Win ACC Regular Season Championship

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
With NC State upsetting both Notre Dame, Florida St and Louisville losing to Duke, who is going to win the ACC Regular Season Championship . Virginia Tech is also still undefeated at 14-0 I was thinking ACC would get one of the #1 Seeds, now I'm not so sure.

Potential #1 Seeds UConn, Baylor, Maryland and So Carolina

Reaction Score
With NC State upsetting both Notre Dame, Florida St and Louisville losing to Duke, who is going to win the ACC Regular Season Championship . Virginia Tech is also still undefeated at 14-0 I was thinking ACC would get one of the #1 Seeds, now I'm not so sure.

Potential #1 Seeds UConn, Baylor, Maryland and So Carolina

Interesting that you left out Miami which is currently ranked higher than VTech.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
To predict anyone other than ND just after one loss would be an overreaction, IMO. But I admit that before Monday's games I would've said that FSU was in the driver's seat — and then they promptly lost to NC State as well.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I do believe that Muffett will eventually get her team together and ultimately win the ACC, but there are likely to be more setbacks along the way, to the point where a 4-5 loss ND team will not be a #1 seed in whatever region they end up in.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Hard to vote against ND, but it is going to be an interesting season - something is not quite right on that team and needs to get fixed quickly.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Hate to say it, but ND. They get Duke, Louisville, and FSU at home.... away at Syracuse, VPI and Miami this Sunday. One thing I dont like about the ACC is the 16 game schedule... which only allows 2 partner schools for home and home. ND's home and home partners are GaTech and Boston College.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
OMG! those were the 2 words I was just going to enter.

Still amazes me that grown adults.... some even senior citizens continue to enter threads just to say "who cares" :rolleyes:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Who Cares!!

f9c01553-1af2-4a38-b352-1d2b9bcbf937.jpg

Reaction Score
To predict anyone other than ND just after one loss would be an overreaction, IMO. But I admit that before Monday's games I would've said that FSU was in the driver's seat — and then they promptly lost to NC State as well.

I agree that it should be ND. Right now, if anyone picks otherwise, it's an emotional pick based off of what happened this past week. When the conference games get deeper into the schedule, the two teams that lost to UCONN and NC State (ND and FSU) will be the top two teams in the ACC imo.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I agree that it should be ND. Right now, if anyone picks otherwise, it's an emotional pick based off of what happened this past week. When the conference games get deeper into the schedule, the two teams that lost to UCONN and NC State (ND and FSU) will be the top two teams in the ACC imo.

I voted for Duke with no emotion at all.

Reaction Score
I voted for Duke with no emotion at all.

Yes Duke is a surprise, and I like Duke but do you really think over the course of this season, that they will beat out Notre Dame (this season)? If you do, then okay then ** shrugs shoulders and smiles**

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
At the beginning of the season, I would have noted ND as a no-brainer. A few days ago, I thought FSU had the edge. But I voted Duke, because they are 1-0 and Lexie Brown is really good. NC State leads now, but I don't think they can sustain it. I would not be surprised to see ND win, but they seem off this year, and the parity has increased.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I voted for Duke. They have really surprised me this year and they seem to have really good team chemistry.

Good team chemistry and good guard play. Plus this year's squad has a chip on their shoulder.....

At the beginning of the season, I would have noted ND as a no-brainer. A few days ago, I thought FSU had the edge. But I voted Duke, because they are 1-0 and Lexie Brown is really good. NC State leads now, but I don't think they can sustain it. I would not be surprised to see ND win, but they seem off this year, and the parity has increased.

Brown is better than I remember her being at Maryland. She seems more willing to attack the basket. One thing I like about this years team so far... if one our key players is playing badly.. another one is steps up to pick up the slack. In the SC game... Brown was awful.... but Greenwell played the game of her life. Chidom played really well..... but Kendall Cooper was a non-factor. Against Louisville. Greenwell had a tough time getting going..... but Brown was stellar on the defense end... attacking the basket... and of course perfect at the line. Chidom was a non-factor... but Cooper came off the bench and played well.

As far as State... their schedule is front loaded. They play a ranked Miami team at home Thursday night... then at Wake. Next week... at Syracuse.. then home vs Duke. So they will have already played 5 of the top 7 teams in the ACC by Jan 15.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I am happy to see Duke back in the mix. The Duke brand is certainly good for the game and the players who suffered through a tough year last year are making the most of their opportunities this season, which one can only respect. And kudos to JPM for keeping this team on track.

Plus, JPM takes a little pressure off of Mulkey in the popularity contest.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I am happy to see Duke back in the mix. The Duke brand is certainly good for the game and the players who suffered through a tough year last year are making the most of their opportunities this season, which one can only respect. And kudos to JPM for keeping this team on track.

Plus, JPM takes a little pressure off of Mulkey in the popularity contest.

Id said earlier that I would know about this team by the middle of January. Check back with me around 5pm on Jan 15 :cool:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Id said earlier that I would know about this team by the middle of January. Check back with me around 5pm on Jan 15 :cool:

I'll check back on January 26. By then Duke will have played FSU, NC State, VT and ND. That is one heck of a January.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Good team chemistry and good guard play. Plus this year's squad has a chip on their shoulder.....

Brown is better than I remember her being at Maryland. She seems more willing to attack the basket. One thing I like about this years team so far... if one our key players is playing badly.. another one is steps up to pick up the slack. In the SC game... Brown was awful.... but Greenwell played the game of her life. Chidom played really well..... but Kendall Cooper was a non-factor. Against Louisville. Greenwell had a tough time getting going..... but Brown was stellar on the defense end... attacking the basket... and of course perfect at the line. Chidom was a non-factor... but Cooper came off the bench and played well.

As far as State... their schedule is front loaded. They play a ranked Miami team at home Thursday night... then at Wake. Next week... at Syracuse.. then home vs Duke. So they will have already played 5 of the top 7 teams in the ACC by Jan 15.
Two years older, but she did lead Maryland to two straight final fours - and they didn't reach it last year in part because she wasn't there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom