Poll Question - Husky Logo at the Rent | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Poll Question - Husky Logo at the Rent

When will the large Husky logo be changed on the outside of the Rent?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
"I graduated from the University of Connecticut, not the University of Oak,'' Anita Bologna, 1999

My guess is that the Husky head logo will go on the 50 yd Ln.
images
LEED_logo_USGBC.jpg

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
No surprise this thread got off track, but to answer the poll question: the logo will be replaced when the new scoreboard is installed. Still a couple months away but definitely in time for the season.
What new score board? Does this mean a new video board too? HD? Details please!?!?! I need details!!!!

Reaction Score
New scoreboard? This is the first I am hearing of this.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Not sure if this was asked in the thread but what's gonna go on the 50? It was the Block C. What now? The Husky logo?

Reaction Score
Are you guys talking about the Oak Leaf with UCONN under it on the outside of the building? I was under the impression that that symbol was still acceptable for the school and figured it wouldnt change.

No, there is a large husky logo on the outside of the Rent (North side).

Husky25

Reaction Score
That's a possibility too, since the new management group is serious about improving each facility, but when the new videoboards are up at the Rent, you'll see how badly they needed to be upgraded.
I'm assuming they are HD boards. Do you have any more Info on how Global Spectrum is going to improve both facilities? I'm interested in how they plan on getting people off their couches and into downtown/East Hartford. I have season tickets to Football, but because I work in SE CT, the condition of the basketball venues, and the obsticles in getting there, I just assume watch basketball from the best seat in my own house.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Tough to say because from what I understand, it's still a couple of months before they officially take over the XL Center. Video boards, upgraded seating, general facility maintenance and actually filling the empty "mall" are all in play but the Rent is a bigger focus right now. Also they have to figure out a way to be revitalize the Wolfpack/Whale team since they actually operate the team. UConn still puts up solid, although declining attendance numbers, so that's more on UConn to improve gameday experience and get more butts in the seats.

In terms of the HD video board, I'm referring to The Rent. As I said, I get to the XL Center occasionally, at best, for a number of reasons, some of which I've already mentioned.

By game day experience, I mean off the field/court features of the event. I'm not sure how it is on UConn to improve the game day experience at a venue other than Gampel. They pay rent to use XL and Rentschler. UConn does not maintain or enforce tailgating policy. UConn does not prevent fathers from having football catches with their children in the Blue Lot, UConn does not directly pay for venue improvements (i.e. install an HD Video board). UConn has no authority to increase the width of the concourse or alter/add entrances/exits of the restrooms.

I go to a handful of Rockcats games a year, especially if Portland is in town, and a big draw for me and my buddies, beyond the fact that we are baseball nuts, are that concessions are reasonably priced for a minor league organization. Not so much at XL or the Rent. I'm sure you know that at many pro venues, conssessions go partially to pay players' salaries. Ergo $10 Bud Lights. This should not be a concern at XL or the Rent...at least until the Whalers return. As far as I know, UConn has no part in the negotiations of contracts for refreshments sold at either venue.

Obviously, I invite you to correct me if I'm wrong, but that is my perception as a fan and the fans' perception should be Global Spectrum's reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom