[Poll] How many more wins does this team get? | The Boneyard

[Poll] How many more wins does this team get?

How many more wins does UConn get this season?

Votes: 6 4.7%

Votes: 51 40.2%

Votes: 54 42.5%

Votes: 12 9.4%

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm honestly curious what the Boneyarders think. I want to believe 2 or more, but not sure how realistic it is at this point.

My opinion of most to least likely is:

@ Tulane
vs. ECU
@ Temple
vs. Houston

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I have 2. Tulane and a WTF win against 1 of the remaining 3. I'd say ECU would be more likely of course, but I wouldn't discount Houston at home if the weather "cooperates" (cold, windy, rain/snow would be GREAT).

Reaction Score
I have 2. Tulane and a WTF win against 1 of the remaining 3. I'd say ECU would be more likely of course, but I wouldn't discount Houston at home if the weather "cooperates" (cold, windy, rain/snow would be GREAT).

I'm the least confident about Houston. Given our defensive scheme, they are going to pick us apart through the air. We'll give up 600 yards and if the weather is cold, maybe we stay within a score or 2 late into the 3rd quarter before they blow our doors open in the 4th. Then people can crow about how well that strategy worked.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'm the least confident about Houston. Given our defensive scheme, they are going to pick us apart through the air. We'll give up 600 yards and if the weather is cold, maybe we stay within a score or 2 late into the 3rd quarter before they blow our doors open in the 4th. Then people can crow about how well that strategy worked.

Don't get me wrong - we will need some extreme weather (amongst other things) to keep it close. Has Houston ever played in bad weather? Serious question as I truly do not know. I reckon they may have played against Temple or somebody last year in bad weather (?). If it's just a "normal" 40 degree sunny afternoon in November, then Houston will roll us.

I have zero confidence in the Temple game. I know they play more of a style that we match up against, but I think their coaching, discipline and execution is heads and tails above ours at this point. PJ Walker is a stud and we can't defend mobile QBs and they might be playing for something really big that game. Our best hope is that they lose a few before we play and might not be set at maximum motivated.

I'd say the next 2 games are our best opportunities. We lose on Friday, that means 4 is our ceiling. If we win on Friday, then we could get to 5 and hope/pray that we can pull off a MAJOR upset. But we will need a lot of help from Mother Nature and Temple opponents.

Reaction Score
3. ECU on a Friday night wearing the new alternate unis, @ Tulane, and Houston in a game where the weather is reminiscent to last years UCF win.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
One and it's likely against Tulane but I can't asy I feel 100% confident that will happen.

As for the comment on playing Houston in the bad/cold weather I just want to ask, how did that turn out last year when we played another Texas school in December who was winless? I don't see any chance we beat Houston, even if it's 20 degrees and snowing. Our defense is so soft that Houston's air attack is going to shred us to pieces.

Reaction Score
3. ECU on a Friday night wearing the new alternate unis, @ Tulane, and Houston in a game where the weather is reminiscent to last years UCF win.

with you, but if we can't pull it off vs Houston, this team pulls off the big upset in Philly!

Reaction Score
Three, if we change some of our defensive philosophies on coverage and pressure. If we stay back in that incompetent soft zone we don't deserve to win any. I believe we will adjust and beat ECU, Tulane and Houston. Houston is the Rutgers of a few years back, who came into the Rent late in the year ready to claim the Big East title and the BCS Bowl. We smoked them.

Reaction Score
One. Maybe two. If we pulled off the Temple upset it would make the season a success and get fans pumped for next year.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Thank goodness no Memphis.

Reaction Score
Our defense is so soft that Houston's air attack is going to shred us to pieces.

Houston Average Rushing Yds per game = 291.7
Houston Average Passing Yds per game = 269.4

Pick your poison.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
What happened to "bend not break" D philosophy? It seems to have broken. Playing 10 yards off receivers needs revisiting.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Houston Average Rushing Yds per game = 291.7
Houston Average Passing Yds per game = 269.4

Pick your poison.
Good point! Haven't followed Houston much and always just relate them to a high powered air attack. No matter the weather it's gonna get ugly.

Reaction Score
Yeah because they were so stellar in those conditions the other night. I hope you're right but I don't see it unfortunately.

Reaction Score
I'm honestly curious what the Boneyarders think. I want to believe 2 or more, but not sure how realistic it is at this point.

My opinion of most to least likely is:

@ Tulane
vs. ECU
@ Temple
vs. Houston

CAN'T disagree, however Tulane has an easy schedule with UCONN -3 wins, Army, 2 wins, SMU, 1 win and Tulsa 3 wins. If Tulsa runs the table then they are bowl eligible too, so I expect Tulane has chalked up UCONN as a W.

ECU has a relatively easy finish with UCONN, USF, UCF and Cincy. If they win all 4 they are 8-4. 3 and they are 7-5. So they are counting on beating us too.

As far as Temple and Houston, even Confident Carl is having trouble thinking those games are winnable. If there is any hope, it will be bad weather for the Houston game. Temple in Philly will be really tough too.

Reaction Score
I think maybe we get 1 more. I've watched enough college football in my lifetime to know that bad teams sometimes win games they shouldn't and good teams lose games they should never lose. It is actually hard to go winless in college football. If I had to pick one I'd say Tulane but who knows? You get a Houston team that has locked up the division or a Temple team that has and maybe they are more focused on the championship game than 3-7 or 3-8 UConn. Wouldn't be the first time that's happened in football.

Reaction Score
I picked 2 wins and hope for 3. Two wins should give us optimism for next year when the current players have a full year together. There's a lot of talent on this team and they just need to stop the silly mistakes. I'm sticken' with HCBD and his plan for this team.

Reaction Score
I'm calling 3 more because I want to get to 6. Not rational, I know.

I completely understand, but I had to stay somewhat rational and settle for two wins. Not to burst any bubbles or anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom