Poll How many Losses will UConn have this year. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Poll How many Losses will UConn have this year.

How many losses will UConn have before NCAA Tournament

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Before the season, no way would the majority of those answering this poll question predict this team would lose two or three games. The Stanford game has changed opinions of many.

well, in reading the Boneyard, I can see how you have come to the conclusion. What was the purpose of this post? To see if they put their money where their mouth is? Just sayin'

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
My answer is that the number of losses is irrelevant. The goal is one thing. Winning the last game of the season. Thinking about losses is to think about the wrong thing.

and that is key. Does anyone remember how many losses there were in Diana's senior year? Yet, it didn't affect the final outcome....or did it? They lost 4 games that year and still went on to win. Did they learn anything from those wins? Well, my brain is a little rusty, so I will take a look at fresh information - and Geno says, that they have learned a LOT from the loss to Stanford. If you are looking for a record number of wins in a row, bragging rights, or support for you hubris, you are disappointed. If you are looking down the road and seeing improvement with a team without their senior leadership from last year and four freshman, and an eventual third crown, you are applauding every step in the right direction and learning from every loss, if any.

Reaction Score
ND non confrence schedule is weak. I think Geno was referring to them we he was saying more coaches should have competitive games. They playing teams like Chattanooga Michigan State Harvard Quinnpiac UMass Loyola Kansas Michigan. They had trouble beating MSU are y'all sure y'all want to go against UConn that game. Yes we lost but to a team that play us tough all the time if not the whole game at least for a half. We should of won that game we was up the whole game just let it slip out of our palms.

Reaction Score
Going into the tournament, I think that we'll have 4 losses. Seriously. I think that ND at their place is going to be really really tough. SC, because of their size, is also going to give us fits. Kiah has to start showing that she can be a defensive force, like she was last year, for extended periods of time, for UConn to be able to match up with SC. I also feel that we'll get ambushed by 1 other team before the year is out. Then...6 in a row to finish the season, and Stewie stays on track...

Reaction Score
If Geno gets his 8-man rotation significant minutes against quality opponents in preparation for the tournament, he'll have to be willing to risk a loss before he trusts them at single elimination time. 1-1 against Notre Dame and South Carolina is as likely as not at this stage...since South Carolina comes later, my guess is that the Leprechauns have the best chance...
Agree, but no cigar.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I picked two losses since as much as I hate to admit it the ND game may be another loss. I don't see UCONN loosing to USC or anyone else in the regular season and I can't see anyone beating UCONN in the NCAA Tournament.
Hope u r right! :)

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
ND non confrence schedule is weak. I think Geno was referring to them we he was saying more coaches should have competitive games. They playing teams like Chattanooga Michigan State Harvard Quinnpiac UMass Loyola Kansas Michigan. They had trouble beating MSU are y'all sure y'all want to go against UConn that game. Yes we lost but to a team that play us tough all the time if not the whole game at least for a half. We should of won that game we was up the whole game just let it slip out of our palms.
I think you are incorrect. First off, I doubt Geno was referring to Muffet when he made the statement about teams afraid of playing tough OOC games/UConn. ND has scheduled games against UConn and I expect that to continue. I believe he was referring to Frese at Maryland, Hatchell at UNC, and there was a rumor that McCallie at Duke might not continue the series with UConn. There may be others who are hesitant to schedule games and he may have been speaking through the media to them.

Second, Notre Dame plays 5 ranked teams OOC, which when added to the 4 ranked ACC teams on their schedule, gives ND 9 top 25 teams, not including games in the ACC tournament. UConn has 5 OOC games against top 25 teams and no conference games against top 25 teams (OOC opponents are bolded):

UConn Top 25 Opponents
#1 South Carolina
#2 Notre Dame
#5 Stanford
#8 Duke
#18 DePaul

Notre Dame Top 25 Opponents
#3 UConn
#4 Tennessee

#8 Duke
#10 Maryland
#11 UNC
#12 Louisville
#15 Michigan State
#18 DePaul

#22 Syracuse

Notre Dame's schedule is not weak. Massey considers it the toughest schedule in the nation. You just picked some teams that you thought were weak off ND's schedule, leaving off 4 of the 5 ranked OOC games and ignoring the conference schedule completely.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
IMHO you should not be including ND's in conference games with Duke, UNC, Louisville and Syaracuse. If you didn't UConn's OOC schedule is significantly stronger then ND's.

I think you are incorrect. First off, I doubt Geno was referring to Muffet when he made the statement about teams afraid of playing tough OOC games/UConn. ND has scheduled games against UConn and I expect that to continue. I believe he was referring to Frese at Maryland, Hatchell at UNC, and there was a rumor that McCallie at Duke might not continue the series with UConn. There may be others who are hesitant to schedule games and he may have been speaking through the media to them.

Second, Notre Dame plays 5 ranked teams OOC, which when added to the 4 ranked ACC teams on their schedule, gives ND 9 top 25 teams, not including games in the ACC tournament. UConn has 5 OOC games against top 25 teams and no conference games against top 25 teams (OOC opponents are bolded):

UConn Top 25 Opponents
#1 South Carolina
#2 Notre Dame
#5 Stanford
#8 Duke
#18 DePaul

#3 UConn
#4 Tennessee

#8 Duke
#10 Maryland
#11 UNC
#12 Louisville
#15 Michigan State
#18 DePaul

#22 Syracuse

Notre Dame's schedule is not weak. Massey considers it the toughest schedule in the nation. You just picked some teams that you thought were weak off ND's schedule, leaving off 4 of the 5 ranked OOC games and ignoring the conference schedule completely.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Hope said:
Are you sure dunning is a word?

Really? if you're on the boneyard I'm assuming you also have the internet at your disposal and perhaps you could have saved yourself my sarcastic response by looking the word up on your own (insert eye rolling smiley)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

UConn Top 25 Opponents
#1 South Carolina
#2 Notre Dame
#5 Stanford
#8 Duke
#18 DePaul

#3 UConn
#4 Tennessee

#8 Duke
#10 Maryland
#11 UNC
#12 Louisville
#15 Michigan State
#18 DePaul

#22 Syracuse

Surely no one in their right mind would criticize Duke's out of conference schedule.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
IMHO you should not be including ND's in conference games with Duke, UNC, Louisville and Syaracuse. If you didn't UConn's OOC schedule is significantly stronger then ND's.

It's true that UConn's OOC schedule is harder than Notre Dame's, but not by enough that one could complain about Notre Dame's weak OOC schedule (as the poster to which I replied asserted). Notre Dame plays Tennessee while UConn plays S. Carolina. UConn and ND play each other. They both play DePaul. UConn plays Stanford where ND plays Maryland. That leaves Duke for UConn, who is compared to Michigan St. That is the balance of each teams ranked OOC schedule. While UConn's OOC schedule is harder, it needs to be, as the Huskies' conference schedule is considerably weaker than Notre Dame's. If you add Duke, UNC, Louisville and Syracuse, ND's schedule is definitely harder overall.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Surely no one in their right mind would criticize Duke's out of conference schedule.
No, Duke schedule is stellar (OOC and conference). The only reason I mentioned Duke is because of the rumor that Coach P might be declining to continue the series with UConn. If Geno is worried about the series with UConn being renewed, he could have been challenging McCallie through the media. (Again that's a rumor only.)

Reaction Score

UConn Top 25 Opponents
#1 South Carolina
#2 Notre Dame
#5 Stanford
#8 Duke
#18 DePaul

#3 UConn
#4 Tennessee

#8 Duke
#10 Maryland
#11 UNC
#12 Louisville
#15 Michigan State
#18 DePaul

#22 Syracuse

I said non conference Louisville Duke UNC Syracuse is in the AAC. Not to mentioned Maryland was in there conference last year. MSU isnt a proven top team just because there ranked. And also was talking about early games in the season

Reaction Score
Duke, South Carolina, Note Dame and Tenn if they play them in the tournament will give them competition.

This is not last year's team.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Well, since UConn already has 1 loss, your choice is definitely wrong! ( Unless the NCAA takes away the loss for some reason, and I wouldn't put it past the NCAA....)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well, since UConn already has 1 loss, your choice is definitely wrong! ( Unless the NCAA takes away the loss for some reason, and I wouldn't put it past the NCAA....)
Well as I said, I know my guess would probably be wrong (although there's that NCAA chance), but 80% of the possible guesses (choices) would be.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
I said non conference Louisville Duke UNC Syracuse is in the AAC. Not to mentioned Maryland was in there conference last year. MSU isnt a proven top team just because there ranked. And also was talking about early games in the season

So you I cannot count Louisville as a OOC opponent because they are now in the ACC, and I cannot count Maryland as they just left the ACC. You cannot have the argument both ways! Either one or the other has to count.

And if you were only talking about EARLY games as you are arguing, then why did you count Michigan as one of ND's OOC patsies, when Notre Dame plays them on Dec 13th, after Maryland, UConn, and DePaul?

Reaction Score
I was just throwing out the weak non conference games they play. They play UConn and Tenn. every year so that don't count. Depaul do you really want to call them an elite team because of last year success. But my point of that thread was to point out is everyone is concerned about UConn losing to ND and there not playing that wellI was just throwing out the weak non conference games they play. They play UConn and Tenn. every year so that don't count. Depaul do you really want to call them an elite team because of last year success. But my point of that thread was to point out is everyone is concerned about UConn losing to ND and there not playing that well
So you I cannot count Louisville as a OOC opponent because they are now in the ACC, and I cannot count Maryland as they just left the ACC. You cannot have the argument both ways! Either one or the other has to count.

And if you were only talking about EARLY games as you are arguing, then why did you count Michigan as one of ND's OOC patsies, when Notre Dame plays them on Dec 13th, after Maryland, UConn, and DePaul?

Reaction Score
As long as UConn plays in and wins the last possible game of the entire women's college basketball season, does it really matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom