Poll: how far does the winning streak go? | The Boneyard

Poll: how far does the winning streak go?

How far will the current 60-game streak go?

• Below 70

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 70-80

Votes: 39 45.3%
  • 80-90

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • 90+

Votes: 18 20.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
hey, did you know Uconn is riding a 60-game winning streak, good for third-longest all time? How far can it go? Can we get to 75 with another NC and a 75- game streak, good for #2 all Time? What about to 91 and beyond? That would make these Huskies about 3/4 of a season away from the all-time record, a tall order but attainable.

Will history be made twice in the Golden Era, an era so dominant that we may be able to say Uconn was so good from Maya Moore on that the program set the NCAA-wide winning streak....twice? Just insane.

Reaction Score
Do we know what the finalized schedule looks like next season? From what I understand the OOC is brutal, so I say it ends in November/December time frame. Geno says we're done playing for streaks anyway.

Reaction Score
I see UCONN moving into second place by breaking the 70 game winning streak, but not reaching the all time 90 game winning streak.

Reaction Score
How many games are left plus a darned few more next year. Our bench isn't exactly lighting anything up.

Reaction Score
hey, did you know Uconn is riding a 60-game winning streak, good for third-longest all time? How far can it go? Can we get to 75 with another NC and a 75- game streak, good for #2 all Time? What about to 91 and beyond? That would make these Huskies about 3/4 of a season away from the all-time record, a tall order but attainable.

Will history be made twice in the Golden Era, an era so dominant that we may be able to say Uconn was so good from Maya Moore on that the program set the NCAA-wide winning streak....twice? Just insane.

61. Lets take one game at a time.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I think we have about 13 games left this season so that's 73 in a row. Next season we need to see a schedule and lineup. Im pretty confident its gonna last for a while.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I agree with one game at a time. That's how a streak is created.

That said, I think we get at least to 71. We'll be highly favored to get to 73. Getting to 75 is tougher, but we'll be favored.

Adding 16 more depends on early season scheduling. ND will be tough. Probably a few others will be. Some folks, even here, are thinking we take a big drop next year. I'm not conceding anything. Sophomore Lou will be a dominating player. I like the rest of the lineup too.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
For the record, I expect active streaks to last. I even made the second-longest streak as an option in the poll they don't attain.

To be at 75 straight with 90 in sight, 11 NCs and counting- these are realistic and attainable goals. If you think I'm messing with mojo by having these beliefs, you certainly have the option of blowing it out your keyster.

Have a great day!

Reaction Score
The Boneyard will erupt with a loss. How could we possible handle a loss? Lets enjoy our team and wait till the day after the nation championship to worry about the streak or next season. Going to be a fun time the next two months.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
For the record, I expect active streaks to last. I even made the second-longest streak as an option in the poll they don't attain.

To be at 75 straight with 90 in sight, 11 NCs and counting- these are realistic and attainable goals. If you think I'm messing with mojo by having these beliefs, you certainly have the option of blowing it out your keyster.

Have a great day!
I actually laughed at this one. Thanks!

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
I think the last time we had a thread like this was right before the last Stanford game. I think we should not tempt fate on this subject.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Next season with Katie Lou and Tuck we have two go to players. This is a solid defensive team. Lets not try to compare this years team with next years team. Again and I keep saying this. MD SC ND all lose top players too. The biggest difference is defense and we've got it. With that said UConn just like most other teams will lack some upperclassman experience. Tuck and Nurse will provide that at two positions but the other 3 positions could lack that. I look forward to see if Chong gets healthy. She could make up for a lot of the offense we will graduate. Some posters have told me we could lose 5 or more games next season. I don't see that even with the tuff schedule we have. We have athletic height that can play basketball not just height and we have a terrific defense.

Reaction Score
Next season with Katie Lou and Tuck we have two go to players. This is a solid defensive team. Lets not try to compare this years team with next years team. Again and I keep saying this. MD SC ND all lose top players too. The biggest difference is defense and we've got it. With that said UConn just like most other teams will lack some upperclassman experience. Tuck and Nurse will provide that at two positions but the other 3 positions could lack that. I look forward to see if Chong gets healthy. She could make up for a lot of the offense we will graduate. Some posters have told me we could lose 5 or more games next season. I don't see that even with the tuff schedule we have. We have athletic height that can play basketball not just height and we have a terrific defense.
The 2 best defensive players in Mo, and Stewie leave, that will take an adjustment. Mo and Stewie have made up for some mistakes in the past 3 years on defense. Next years team will take some time to find a new defensive identity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom