Poll: Can we eliminate the use of players initials? | The Boneyard

Poll: Can we eliminate the use of players initials?

When posters refer to players by initials.......

• I hate it.

Votes: 35 26.1%
  • I love it.

Votes: 18 13.4%
  • I don't really care.

Votes: 81 60.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is there anyone else out there that goes berserk when you see a post that says "I think KO needs to start AB, AG and RP but not KF or CV. Maybe first off the bench could be JA or CV or KF."

Just type out the name. Please. It's unreadable.

Reaction Score
Before we try to get posters to type out full names, lets take baby steps and try to get 99 to use capital letters.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
i'm down for it, but only if the initials are like a catchy lil nickname.

for instance, AB = good, but SE = not so good

Reaction Score
Is there anyone else out there that goes berserk when you see a post that says "I think KO needs to start AB, AG and RP but not KF or CV. Maybe first off the bench could be JA or CV or KF."

Just type out the name. Please. It's unreadable.

I don't have a problem when it refers to the current players, but there are times where I'm thinking who the freak is this in reference to.

Please enlighten me on whom is.

Reaction Score
Phone vs computer vs tab!et

Thumb vs hands vs thumbs

Location, location, location

Or if you like

Keyboard, keyboard, keyboard

Reaction Score
I have no issue with the shorthand, we all know who the initials stand for, and for the most part they roll off the tongue, maybe with the exception of SE. It's funny because literally this past weekend I was explaining to my wife how this has started to happen, and it works well for some people's initials but not for others. I have a W initial, so my initials will never roll off the tongue, but I think for AB, JA, AG, RP, KF, VJ, CV... its all good and I genuinely like the use of initials. But for some reason, the initials SN would never stick for Shabazz, and luckily he had a name that we loved to drop as Bazz

Reaction Score
I have no issue with the shorthand, we all know who the initials stand for, and for the most part they roll off the tongue, maybe with the exception of SE. It's funny because literally this past weekend I was explaining to my wife how this has started to happen, and it works well for some people's initials but not for others. I have a W initial, so my initials will never roll off the tongue, but I think for AB, JA, AG, RP, KF, VJ, CV... its all good and I genuinely like the use of initials. But for some reason, the initials SN would never stick for Shabazz, and luckily he had a name that we loved to drop as Bazz

The bolded part is super annoying to me. Drives me insane.

Reaction Score

There was definitely a few days near the start of season where I was lost for a second, but those initials have burned into my head at this point. I like using them when I text with friends during a game because I don't want to waste any additional time looking at my phone

example: RP is brutal right now...

Reaction Score
Set up a short cut in your iPad (or whatever you use). SpaceRPspace resolves to Rodney Purvis, and so on.
Anyone that does this is as a true UConn bball fanatic, especially if done for all the players and not removed during the off season.

Respect!

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

Your Avatar featuring ultra lame SS is annoying to me.

I cant wait until RP drops 30 on OK ST 2night. How bout U?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
WAQ it would be more annoying to CD as:

WGAS?!!
Actually, that exclamation point came from the end of my second acronym that was deleted entirely. It appears even the initials to Shutting The Frig Up doesn't make it past the filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom