Pokemon Go! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Pokemon Go!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We've been under big brothers watch for awhile. At least I can get some exercise and have some fun being monitored lol
I got a call from an unfamiliar number and under it was the phrase maybe [friend's name]. Apparently my iphone scanned my contact to see if the number was someone I knew, then googled the number and found it associated with a website, went to the website and found domain name for emails, and then scanned my emails and found someone with the same ________@xcompany.com and suggested that the caller was him. All of that was done in the second or two between the call coming in and me glancing at my phone.

Cool tech or creepy AI hive mind? Not sure...

Reaction Score
I got a call from an unfamiliar number and under it was the phrase maybe [friend's name]. Apparently my iphone scanned my contact to see if the number was someone I knew, then googled the number and found it associated with a website, went to the website and found domain name for emails, and then scanned my emails and found someone with the same ________@xcompany.com and suggested that the caller was him. All of that was done in the second or two between the call coming in and me glancing at my phone.

Cool tech or creepy AI hive mind? Not sure...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who googles strange numbers that call me.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Ok downloaded it and caught two thingies in my house. There's a pokestop around the corner... I'll have to check it out later. Other than that um I'm not really sure what to do.

Reaction Score
Ok downloaded it and caught two thingies in my house. There's a pokestop around the corner... I'll have to check it out later. Other than that um I'm not really sure what to do.

That's basically it right now. There are gyms you can fight other players at and there are eggs that you hatch by putting them in a device and then walking around for 2km 5km or 10km.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
I have been a huge advocate for people getting into the outdoors more. Studies show that exercise and connection with nature are more beneficial than a lot of the pharmaceuticals people are taking for things like depression or weight control.

That said, if you are walking down a trail in the woods with your eyes glued to your phone screen be prepared to get out the way. Some of us still enjoy nature without having to have cartoon characters superimposed on it.

Reaction Score
I have been a huge advocate for people getting into the outdoors more. Studies show that exercise and connection with nature are more beneficial than a lot of the pharmaceuticals people are taking for things like depression or weight control.

That said, if you are walking down a trail in the woods with your eyes glued to your phone screen be prepared to get out the way. Some of us still enjoy nature without having to have cartoon characters superimposed on it.

I don't understand why people are glued to there phone with this game. Literally all they have to do is turn in on and it'll vibrate when a pokemon is nearby. Then they can look at their phone for a minute or two. I've been playing since Friday and I've literally just walked around with my phone in my pocket waiting for it to vibrate. GUess I'm getting the best of both worlds.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
This is an endorsed "August Tech Tip" :

13615001_10154550290337985_6460403266122826773_n.jpg

Reaction Score

unfortunately, there are *less* pokemon on the woods. instead they are all in the cities, which imo is backwards.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
unfortunately, there are *less* pokemon on the woods. instead they are all in the cities, which imo is backwards.

So people in rural areas aren't able to play it?

Reaction Score
So people in rural areas aren't able to play it?
it's much harder. If you're in a suburb it's not too bad. if you're in the woods it's pretty tough

Reaction Score
Pokemon Go! is proof of our continuing devolution into lemmings.

Reaction Score
Oh come on its just a fad. I'm sure you were doing the Twist just like the rest of your generation.

Bored today shopping for baby stuff. I downloaded and every salesperson immediately knew what I was doing.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I downloaded it and I've caught a few. Enough to join a "color", I picked Red, because...I like Red and too many people joined Blue.

It's clever as hell. I did it in part to get my daughter doing it, so we can go walk around together, and she's not watching YouTube constantly. The way they integrated so many places as Pokestops (none I can walk to unfortunately) is incredible. Some serious work went into this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom