Point Spread for ECU | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Point Spread for ECU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm not sure I'd bet on us if we were getting 57 1/2.

Reaction Score
Considering how many people here thought we were going to win our earlier contests, I take the consensus that we will lose by 50 as a sign it will be a relatively close game. We will lose but cover.

Reaction Score
Who score more points - ECU's defense or UConn's offense? That answer will determine if the game's final score is reasonable or not.

Reaction Score
UConn is the only team who has not covered this year.

SMU covered once, against ECU.

It's a trend............I hope.

Reaction Score
I do trust everyone on the Boneyard being a head coach understands that if you continue to run an offense like Diaco has, past this year, your not going to garner fan or recruit interest in the program down the road. Its certainly is not good for one's self interest/success too. He enthusiastically wanted this job. He feels he can succeed here. I am going to extend him that same level of trust.

Reaction Score
I do trust everyone on the Boneyard being a head coach understands that if you continue to run an offense like Diaco has, past this year, your not going to garner fan or recruit interest in the program down the road. Its certainly is not good for one's self interest/success too. He enthusiastically wanted this job. He feels he can succeed here. I am going to extend him that same level of trust.

Pretty clear that's what's happening. Look at things from my perspective. There is nothing wrong with high expectations, and I have them for Coach Diaco - he's very young, and has incredible energy, and focus. I have incredibly high expecations, and I want to have confidence we can achieve them. I just don't - yet. The first half of this season has been filled with decision making that I can't wrap my head around.

Here's how Bum Philips famously summed up his thoughts on Coach Don Shula.

"He can take his'n and beat your'n and take your'n and beat his'n."

I agree with the sentiment expressed in that mess of literary quote. A good coach, takes what he has and makes them win. Diaco is in the process of learning how to be a coach. This is undeniable, regardless of what any of our backgrounds are - and I'm younger than you, although I suspect not by more than 10 years - if that. My football career ended with a pretty bad injury away from the football field - way too soon. Changed my entire life - was lucky to be alive. Whatever. You saw the transition of Nadzak/Naviaux, I bounced around a lot, and was in and out, but finished up my education at UCONN, and saw the transition from Jackson/Holtz. Diaco strikes me a lot like young Skip Holtz - just defensive coaching, instead of offensive. It wasn't until Holtz got to ECU - where we go tomorrow, that he actually head coached - a full team. I don't want the same thing from Diaco - I want him here, when he finally wraps his head around coaching a full team. I've written this many times this season - Payback for the education of a coach - I've called it. I want the payback for the education as a coach, in the form of UCONN wins and titles.

I'd have a lot more confidence - right now in October 2014, that the offensive system that Diaco has in mind for the future, whatever it is, will be successful, if I saw things happening on the field now - that make me think he knows how to win with what he's got. You coach to win, you play to win - always.

Tomorrow night, we are overmatched. I have not a doubt that we will fight, and will earn respect, we've done it all season long. last season was disgusting in that respect, and it's a testament to Diaco, how quickly he's turned that around. But the remainder of the season, pretty much, and last game? We were not overmatched and I want to see the guy, take the team out on the field, and put them in position to win, and succeed.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
God I hope Diaco's ceiling is higher than a guy who washed out at South Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom