PO'd at ESPN Sports Center coverage of "91" | The Boneyard

PO'd at ESPN Sports Center coverage of "91"

Reaction Score
I usually do not watch, but I have been thirsting for coverage of "91." The two clowns had some info on the record, then a short Geno interview and they started talking about UCONN being bad for WBB and that the game is boring - on and on. Idiots! Why should UCONN dominance effect a game between ND and MD? Also saying you don't enjoy watching UCONN-SMU is like saying you don't enjoy the Bolshoi because they are too good. Watching UCONN when they play an out-matched opponent is like watching a ballet.

Venting.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Hard for Sports Center to cover Women's BB when its one of the Biggest NFL weekends and there were some compelling match ups and Great Games. I'll give ESPN a pass for this weekend, lets see what happens rest of the week. There have been plenty of other Media Sources covering the Streak.

I agree ESPN doesn't give enough coverage to Women's Sports in general.

Reaction Score
Hard for Sports Center to cover Women's BB when its one of the Biggest NFL weekends and there were some compelling match ups and Great Games. I'll give ESPN a pass for this weekend, lets see what happens rest of the week. There have been plenty of other Media Sources covering the Streak.

I agree ESPN doesn't give enough coverage to Women's Sports in general.

That doesn't excuse what they said. They did spend 5 minutes on the 91 record breaker, but they made it a negative.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
This non-competitiveness is overstated, refer to the closeness of Fl & Md. ND & Baylor were not blow outs.
There will be more suspense in the Nationals, certainly compared to last year.

Reaction Score
Sports Center has become irrelevant. I used to watch nightly, but I can't remember the last time I watched it, maybe three years ago? All of ESPN studio shows have devolved from covering sports to arguing on the air over stupid opinions by has been's or never were's. Its just a waste - outside of live sports, 30 for 30, or game replays I just avoid it.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Sports Center has become irrelevant. I used to watch nightly, but I can't remember the last time I watched it, maybe three years ago? All of ESPN studio shows have devolved from covering sports to arguing on the air over stupid opinions by has been's or never were's. Its just a waste - outside of live sports, 30 for 30, or game replays I just avoid it.
I do also like to watch the ticker at the bottom to view the days sports results. That because the nattering heads so infrequently refer to them. That and the occasional "Outside The Lines".

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
This non-competitiveness is overstated, refer to the closeness of Fl & Md. ND & Baylor were not blow outs.
There will be more suspense in the Nationals, certainly compared to last year.

There are exceptions, but in most games there is little competition. I don't know what UCLA's level of competition was but I can't imagine that it was as weak as what we see in women's basketball.

But I do understand why UCONN fans are tired of hearing that they are bad for the game. I get EXTREMELY tired of people saying that I am too attractive. It grows tiresome after a while.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I do also like to watch the ticker at the bottom to view the days sports results. That because the nattering heads so infrequently refer to them. That and the occasional "Outside The Lines".

I watched the Baylor vs. KU game yesterday and UCONN and the streak must have been referenced a good 10 - 15 times. I may have to go back and watch the game and report back with the count.

JordyG

Reaction Score
There are exceptions, but in most games there is little competition. I don't know what UCLA's level of competition was but I can't imagine that it was as weak as what we see in women's basketball.

But I do understand why UCONN fans are tired of hearing that they are bad for the game. I get EXTREMELY tired of people saying that I am too attractive. It grows tiresome after a while.
Perhaps you should try my approach. Wake up ugly and stay that way no matter what.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I watched the Baylor vs. KU game yesterday and UCONN and the streak must have been referenced a good 10 - 15 times. I may have to go back and watch the game and report back with the count.
I watched that game yesterday as well your honor and I can't recall a single referral to anything of that nature. Perhaps my colleague could provide some probative evidence to the court to support this claim?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I watched that game yesterday as well your honor and I can't recall a single referral to anything of that nature. Perhaps my colleague could provide some probative evidence to court to support this claim?

You must have had different announcers than what I was hearing.

JordyG

Reaction Score
You must have had different announcers than what I was hearing.
Your honor I object on the grounds of hearsay and would suggest that the last response be struck from the record.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I can hear what you say.
Your honor I believe his answer was non-responsive and should also be struck. Your honor I believe as well, if my watch is correct, it is time for lunch. I'm in for Thai. Anyone else?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Your honor I believe his answer was non-responsive and should also be struck. Your honor I believe as well, if my watch is correct, it is time for lunch. I'm in for Thai. Anyone else?

If you are talking about a Thai massage, count me in.

JordyG

Reaction Score
If you are talking about a Thai massage, count me in.
Okay, I have 2 for lunch and a massage. Anyone else? How about your (Baylor) defendant? "Yon (team) has a lean and hungry look".

Reaction Score
I find it hard to watch most other wbb games due to the way they play. At times is like watching a playground game. No set plays, just a lot of running around and just heaving balls at the basket and missing. No passing or they stuck at passing. Just brutal.

UConn women have spoiled me.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I usually do not watch, but I have been thirsting for coverage of "91." The two clowns had some info on the record, then a short Geno interview and they started talking about UCONN being bad for WBB and that the game is boring - on and on. Idiots! Why should UCONN dominance effect a game between ND and MD? Also saying you don't enjoy watching UCONN-SMU is like saying you don't enjoy the Bolshoi because they are too good. Watching UCONN when they play an out-matched opponent is like watching a ballet.

Venting.

Maybe they don't have much coverage because they know people like you usually don't watch. :rolleyes:

BTW I don't particularly enjoy watching UConn steamroll a hugely over matched opponent. It's OK for the first few minutes but once it becomes obvious how the game will go, I often loose interest. A major component of an athletic contest is competition. If that's missing it becomes something much less.

Although I have never watched the Bolshoi, I went to a ballet in NYC once and found it extremely boring and no way analogous to any sporting event I have watched except for maybe synchronous swimming.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Was that seat backs in the upper levels that I saw? What year were they removed in favor of the bench seats? I would go to more Gampel games if the seat backs were still there

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I watched that game yesterday as well your honor and I can't recall a single referral to anything of that nature. Perhaps my colleague could provide some probative evidence to the court to support this claim?

So far I've made it through three quarters and the announcers have said "UCONN" or "Connecticut" 15 times, "Huskies" 5 times and referenced the streak 7 times. And that doesn't count the first 5 minutes of halftime they spent talking about UCONN and the streak.

Reaction Score
Maybe they don't have much coverage because they know people like you usually don't watch. :rolleyes:

BTW I don't particularly enjoy watching UConn steamroll a hugely over matched opponent. It's OK for the first few minutes but once it becomes obvious how the game will go, I often loose interest. A major component of an athletic contest is competition. If that's missing it becomes something much less.

Although I have never watched the Bolshoi, I went to a ballet in NYC once and found it extremely boring and no way analogous to any sporting event I have watched except for maybe synchronous swimming.

Sorry you are not enjoying. I am, so that's a plus for my enjoyment of life. I guess you would prefer: "AND NOW WE PRESENT THE BOSTON POPS PLAYING HANDEL'S MESSIAH VS THE NY PHILHARMONIC PLAYING BEETHOVEN'S 9TH." I enjoy watching UCONN wbb because it is a thing of beauty in itself. :D
164845762.jpg

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
A thing of beauty that's missing something - like the Mona Lisa without the smile.

JordyG

Reaction Score
So far I've made it through three quarters and the announcers have said "UCONN" or "Connecticut" 15 times, "Huskies" 5 times and referenced the streak 7 times. And that doesn't count the first 5 minutes of halftime they spent talking about UCONN and the streak.
My fingers are in my ears. I can't hear you La-la-la-la-la. Wait. I heard UConn. Sounds like music.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom