Please support a member of the UConn pep band & marching band | The Boneyard

Please support a member of the UConn pep band & marching band

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
A fine young man named Ricky Valentin has joined one of the elite drum and bugle corps in the country, the 10 time national champion Cadets. The time commitment is enormous and the program is demanding. While in college at UConn, Ricky will have to travel on weekends to drill for this summer's competitions all while taking classes and playing in the the marching band and pep bands for UConn athletics. Please consider making a donation to support him and defray the travel costs for his Cadets experience.

Click here to support Becoming A Cadet by Ricardo Valentín

By the way, the picture below is from Ricky's appearance as a member of the Army All-American Marching Band, an honor given to the best of the best high school marching band members.

16081459_14839379550_r.jpg

Reaction Score
Hi Everyone, this is Ricky and I wanted to thank you all for those who donated or who shared this post with others. I am a member of the UConn marching and Pep band. I was also a high school all American for marching band. I was accepted into The Cadets which are one of the top 4 drum corps in the nation. If you would like to find out more about the cadets you can click this link here https://yea.org/programs/cadets/cadetsThe Cadets are one of the most prestigious corps in the nation and in order to continue marching with them I need everyone's help to reach $3,000. right now I am at $510. If you can donate anything that would be great or even share the gofundme to people who can donate I would be extremely grateful. Thanks again

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Hi Everyone, this is Ricky and I wanted to thank you all for those who donated or who shared this post with others. I am a member of the UConn marching and Pep band. I was also a high school all American for marching band. I was accepted into The Cadets which are one of the top 4 drum corps in the nation. If you would like to find out more about the cadets you can click this link here https://yea.org/programs/cadets/cadetsThe Cadets are one of the most prestigious corps in the nation and in order to continue marching with them I need everyone's help to reach $3,000. right now I am at $510. If you can donate anything that would be great or even share the gofundme to people who can donate I would be extremely grateful. Thanks again
It was my pleasure. I also shared it on my facebook page!

Reaction Score
Hello everyone this is Ricky again and I wanted to say thank you again to all those who donated. just wanted to update everyone that I have collected $830 and wanted to say to everyone that I am extremely grateful for everyone who has donated, thank you.

Reaction Score
As a former member of the US Army Band (113th, 74th, & 76th) I applaud this kid for his work. That should be QUITE an experience for him. It is a VERY different world.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It's a great reason to give - come on BY'ers - even $5 or $10 would make a big difference for him! :)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
As a former member of the US Army Band (113th, 74th, & 76th) I applaud this kid for his work. That should be QUITE an experience for him. It is a VERY different world.
My son did 7th Regiment for a summer. 7th Regiment is DCI but Open Class as opposed to World Class like the Cadets. I sent my 16 year old boy off and he returned a man. These drum and bugle corps are amazing.

7th Regiment Drum & Bugle Corps » General Information

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom