Please stop bumping old threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Except for the pizza thread.

Yep. The OT is fine.

But the recruiting mega threads end up being a 1/2 dozen people talking to each other. After a couple days, the number of people viewing a thread gets cut in half, and in half again every couple days.

Few people want to wade through 20 pages to find the few replies worth reading.

I know it's a pet peeve, but when I check the server logs I see how few people click on a thread that was started weeks ago. The views are the same dozen people hitting the thread 20 times a day.

After a recruit commits we can merge the threads.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
So now there's just gonna be a 1,000 different threads for each recruit. Makes a lot of sense .
If there are 995 threads with 3 or 4 people participating that are pages down that I never have to look at, then 1000 different threads is fine. We have a game thread for every game instead of one massive game thread encompassing the entire season for a reason.

Reaction Score
If there are 995 threads with 3 or 4 people participating that are pages down that I never have to look at, then 1000 different threads is fine. We have a game thread for every game instead of one massive game thread encompassing the entire season for a reason.
This would be like having a new thread for every play of each game .

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
So now there's just gonna be a 1,000 different threads for each recruit. Makes a lot of sense .

At least we'll know something new happens when we see a new thread on recruit. Versus the alternative of a 100 page megathread which may have no new news for weeks or months.

Reaction Score
I see that all the recruiting threads are locked. What should people do if they just have a question about a recruit or want to post a small little tidbit or piece of video? Create a whole new thread for just that entirely? Seems like those little threads would be more prone to degenerating into nonsense

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Yes, you post a new thread.

That post will be active for a day or two and then it'll slide down the board into oblivion - as it should. Threads should have a lifespan of a house fly. Born, live a few days and then die.

The freaking mega threads were the worst idea in the history of the universe and we should have nipped them on day one - I knew they'd be a disaster. They never died, they just devolved into zombie threads with running intra-thread battles overrunning any actual news.

Reaction Score
Seriously I hope this cuts down the blah blah blah , stupid talk and the inertia by at least 27% on this board

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I'm bumping the Diamond Stone and Malik Newman package deal thread after Newman's first 20 point game at Kansas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom