Please consider helping a member of the UConn marching band | The Boneyard

Please consider helping a member of the UConn marching band

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
A fine young man named Ricky Valentin has joined one of the elite drum and bugle corps in the country, the 10 time national champion Cadets. The time commitment is enormous and the program is demanding. While in college at UConn, Ricky will have to travel on weekends to drill for this summer's competitions all while taking classes and playing in the the marching band and pep bands for UConn athletics. Please consider making a donation to support him and defray the travel costs for his Cadets experience.

Click here to support Becoming A Cadet by Ricardo Valentín

By the way, the picture below is from Ricky's appearance as a member of the Army All-American Marching Band, an honor given to the best of the best high school marching band members.

16081459_14839379550_r.jpg

Reaction Score
For the past 6 seasons UCMB has at times been the BEST part of games at the Rent! They are always into the game supporting their fellow students no matter what the score is. If you can help this kid out. His goal is $3000...I'm sure just from The Boneyard we can help him meet or exceed that goal.

Reaction Score
I might see what I can do... maybe even see if some of my USF fans would help me....I might start a collection at my business.

Reaction Score
Hi Everyone, this is Ricky and I wanted to thank you all for those who donated or who shared this post with others. I am a member of the UConn marching and Pep band. I was also a high school all American for marching band. I was accepted into The Cadets which are one of the top 4 drum corps in the nation. If you would like to find out more about the cadets you can click this link here The Cadets The Cadets are one of the most prestigious corps in the nation and in order to continue marching with them I need everyone's help to reach $3,000. right now I am at $510. If you can donate anything that would be great or even share the gofundme to people who can donate I would be extremely grateful. Thanks again

Reaction Score
Just donated! Hope he raises enough money! Come on Boneyard show your generosity and that you are more than bluster!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Just wanted to mention that I've watched Ricky grow as a musician and as a person for the last 6 years. He and my son became friends in high school marching band and by their senior year Ricky and my son were drum major and assistant drum major, respectively. He won just about every high school honor available, including being named an Army All American. Ricky is now studying music education at UConn, plays in the marching band, both pep bands, and the trombone choir. The Cadets will help with his music and leadership education.

I do feel that in the spirit of full disclosure I should tell you he's also a Dallas Cowboys fan, but please don't hold that against him. He's a true blue Husky.

Reaction Score
I do feel that in the spirit of full disclosure I should tell you he's also a Dallas Cowboys fan, but please don't hold that against him..

That just got him the donation.

Reaction Score
Where do you donate?

Edit: Never mind - answered my own dumb question.

Reaction Score
You honestly could not be a bigger dooshebagg.
I not only sent this fine young lad a donation already yesterday... I also regularly support other marchers in DCI, and volunteer freely my services to units. You Sir, do not represent the vast majority of the Uconn fan base that I know as family & as friends. You are vile, and profane. Please do us both a favor and put me on ignore. This thread is not about You, or me. Its about a young musician seeking his dream. Have you donated yet ? Do you, or have you, ever volunteered freely of your time to these fine Drum Corps units ? If not, you have a heck of a nerve using obscenity on a thread like this dealing with an honest request for financial assistance from a young musician. Donate to him and learn to stop your vulgarity.

Last edited:

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I not only sent this fine young lad a donation already yesterday... I also regularly support other marchers in DCI, and volunteer freely my services to units. You Sir, do not represent the vast majority of the Uconn fan base that I know as family & as friends. You are vile, and profane. Please do us both a favor and put me on ignore. This thread is not about You, or me. Its about a young musician seeking his dream. Have you donated yet ? Do you, or have you, ever volunteered freely of your time to these fine Drum Corps units ? If not, you have a heck of a nerve being using obscenity on a thread dealing with an honest request for financial assistance from a young musician.
Pat yourself on the back, Yawkey. You couldn't just make an anonymous donation....you have to blab about it, after posting a stupid degrading remark regarding the Cadets' ranking. Who cares? As far as the "obscenity?" If the bag fits, wear it.

Reaction Score
Pat yourself on the back, Yawkey. You couldn't just make an anonymous donation....you have to blab about it, after posting a stupid degrading remark regarding the Cadets' ranking. Who cares? As far as the "obscenity?" If the bag fits, wear it.
I donated... You just blabbed... in vulgar terms. "4th" or" 6th", its no big deal. It was not " a stupid, and degrading remark " to put the actual, real placement,... and I stated it merely ( my quote above ) " for accuracy sake" above. You just massively overreacted thats all, by going the vulgar route however. Again, put me on ignore, as you are too profane for attempts at civil discussion with me, it would appear.

Last edited:

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Thank you for clarifying I have him on ignore so your comment looked very out of place!

Reaction Score
Please donate and help this young musician. Its a worthy endeavor, and it'll help him grow into becoming a better musician, marcher, and most importantly, a good and decent adult citizen.

Reaction Score
I not only sent this fine young lad a donation already yesterday... I also regularly support other marchers in DCI, and volunteer freely my services to units. You Sir, do not represent the vast majority of the Uconn fan base that I know as family & as friends. You are vile, and profane. Please do us both a favor and put me on ignore. This thread is not about You, or me. Its about a young musician seeking his dream. Have you donated yet ? Do you, or have you, ever volunteered freely of your time to these fine Drum Corps units ? If not, you have a heck of a nerve using obscenity on a thread like this dealing with an honest request for financial assistance from a young musician. Donate to him and learn to stop your vulgarity.

Looks like YOU made this thread about YOU ... please shut up and go away ...

Reaction Score
I do feel that in the spirit of full disclosure I should tell you he's also a Dallas Cowboys fan, but please don't hold that against him. .[/QUOTE]

Thats not a problem. This has nothing to do with who he is a fan of. He and his family are in financial need to make this dream of his happen, and thus most people respond accordingly. We wish him the best success in receiving the necessary donations to march. Did he audition with any other DCI Corps this offseason as well ? If he did, George Hopkins, the Cadets Director, is offering a substantial 50% discount in Corps tour fees for those auditioneers who made the Cadets ranks for the summer tour. Also, have him post his financial needs quest on the Cadets facebook website itself as well, as it generates lots of Cadets Alums traffic there. Cadets alums have been known on occasion to fully underwrite the entire summer tour for needy marchers who qualify. Anyway, hope these suggestions help. Good luck to him, and please keep us posted as a follow up should he succeed in his fund raising drive. I believe he will. Again, best of success in the quest !

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom