PK80: Phil Knight Invitational | Page 2 | The Boneyard

PK80: Phil Knight Invitational

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great tournament lineup and glad we are in it. It does bother me some to see Nike get more influence in college basketball.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Great tournament lineup and glad we are in it. It does bother me some to see Nike get more influence in college basketball.

Nike isn't worried about Adidas. Nike is definitely worried about Under Armor.

Reaction Score
I wonder what this tournament does for our next apparel contract. Hopefully Nike continues to invest with the members of this tournament and pays us handsomely to keep us out of UA or Adidias. I've always been a Nike guy so I can't wait for this event.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if this tournament is going to recur yearly? (like Battle for Atlantis, Paradise Jam, etc) Or is it just a one-time deal

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if this tournament is going to recur yearly? (like Battle for Atlantis, Paradise Jam, etc) Or is it just a one-time deal
Its a one time deal.

Reaction Score
Talked my wife into not cooking and spending Turkey week on the beach in Punta Cana this year. Now, how do I convince her that Portland OR is the place to be for Thanksgiving in 2018 (she live in a house with 3 boys, including me, and her 2 pet peeves are he boys obsession with sports and Star Wars).

Reaction Score
Talked my wife into not cooking and spending Turkey week on the beach in Punta Cana this year. Now, how do I convince her that Portland OR is the place to be for Thanksgiving in 2018 (she live in a house with 3 boys, including me, and her 2 pet peeves are he boys obsession with sports and Star Wars).
You're in luck. I called Phil. He agreed to host the tournament in 2017 instead. You can go back to your previous Thanksgiving Day traditions in 2018.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If you told her Punta Cana was a gift for her when you convinced her to go you have some leverage.

Reaction Score
You have no chance. My advice: the risk isn't worth it. Can you hear it now: "You made me give up Punta Gorda and a warm beach for cold and rainy Portland. " You will hear about it forever and you can forget about convincing her of anything ever again.

Reaction Score
You have no chance. My advice: the risk isn't worth it. Can you hear it now: "You made me give up Punta Gorda and a warm beach for cold and rainy Portland. " You will hear about it forever and you can forget about convincing her of anything ever again.
Portland's not cold

Reaction Score
Now that I live in San Diego I'd normally be so down to go... but why in the world would they have this start Thanksgiving day.... likely won't be able to make this. Shame. My girl and I definitely want excuses to check the city out and that lineup is epic (as should be our roster next year)
Too bad...

I'll be going with my wife, newborn, and will be meeting my best friend and wife there for a phenomenal Thanksgiving vacation.

Greatest regular season tournament of all time, I can't wait!!

Reaction Score
Portland's not cold
It's colder than Punta Gorda.
PG: November Average H 74, L 51
Portland: November Average H47, L35
I think Mrs Conehead would think that's cold by comparison.

Reaction Score
Not compared to Storrs! :p
I still live in CT and some winters it is cold. I remember being on campus building hopping from the Jungle to get all the way across campus to where the humanities buildings were or even just to the library because it was so cold and the wind just killed you. Some of the buildings had hallways that ran the direction you were going so you could hop in on one side and warm up until you got to the other.

Reaction Score
No question about it: IN
What else in life could be take precedent? Think about this roster in 2018. Fxxk it's gonna be loaded.

Edit: unless we win it all in 17 and we do an NBA dump. Okay, I'll take it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Unless Phil Knight plans on turning 80 again next year, (it could happen. My mom has turned 49 for 34 consecutive years) I would say its a one time deal.

Ha! Makes sense, thanks.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It's colder than Punta Gorda.
PG: November Average H 74, L 51
Portland: November Average H47, L35
I think Mrs Conehead would think that's cold by comparison.
I read it differently than you. @Mr. Conehead is going to PG this thanksgiving. No conflict with next years tournament. He's trying to come up with a way to convince his wife about the tournament next season.

Reaction Score
I read it differently than you. @Mr. Conehead is going to PG this thanksgiving. No conflict with next years tournament. He's trying to come up with a way to convince his wife about the tournament next season.

Yep. It may require me flying the 4 of us to Portland (my boys are all in sports) and then giving my wife an extra round-trip flight from Portland to Hawaii or maybe Fiji by herself for the week if I say basketball more than once :)

Reaction Score
I believe the presale for this starts today. Anyone else making the trip?
My mother-in-law lives just 10 minutes from Portland, not hard to sell my wife on a trip home For Thanksgiving. Definitely in.

Also, next years team is stacked. I live in San Antonio, home to the final four in 2018...taking reservations for free place to stay for husky fans!

pj

Reaction Score
Sorry, I'll be at the Under Armour tournament in Baltimore with Maryland, South Florida , BC and Texas Tech.

Sorry. I'll be at the laundromat doing my laundry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom