Pitt & the ACC big winner? Ohio St | The Boneyard

Pitt & the ACC big winner? Ohio St

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
With the decline of PSU, who steps in the void?

Traditionally, you would think Pitt and WVU, MD, SU etc.

But I think the best recruits will be cherry picked to Ohio St. I predict they will win two NC in the next 5 years.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The rest of the Big Ten, Rutgers, and Maryland. We are a bit further down the list.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
There are no big winners in any of this. I couldn't care less about where these kids go to school as long as the NCAA is fair to them. I personally don't think any school on probation should be allowed to accept PSU transfers. I think each school should have a limit to the amount of PSU transfers they can take in (2 or 3?) and I would hope that these kids wouldn't count against the 85 limit for their first year at their new school.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
There are no big winners in any of this. I couldn't care less about where these kids go to school as long as the NCAA is fair to them. I personally don't think any school on probation should be allowed to accept PSU transfers. I think each school should have a limit to the amount of PSU transfers they can take in (2 or 3?) and I would hope that these kids wouldn't count against the 85 limit for their first year at their new school.

I'm not talking about just transfers - some of the top players in the country went to Penn St each year, and won't be for a while...

Reaction Score
UConn needs to step up and fill some of that void. Why concede anything to Rutgers and Maryland? Certainly UConn has achieved what these programs have and offer what these programs do?

Reaction Score
UConn needs to step up and fill some of that void. Why concede anything to Rutgers and Maryland? Certainly UConn has achieved what these programs have and offer what these programs do?
UConn will definitely be more of an option now. Have to find ways to keep UMass down. :D

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
UConn will definitely be more of an option now. Have to find ways to keep UMass down. :D

Meh, they can take the guys that previously would have been attractive to us.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Penn State will come out of this even stronger. I would not be surprised if other schools have been using rumors of Sandusky's activities for negative recruiting in the past. The can't do that any more.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Penn State will come out of this even stronger. I would not be surprised if other schools have been using rumors of Sandusky's activities for negative recruiting in the past. The can't do that any more.

Wait..now you're claiming that other programs knew about JS didn't report it?

Should we be waiting for those penalties or did they run out of pudding at the asylum this afternoon?

Reaction Score

Should we be waiting for those penalties or did they run out of pudding at the asylum this afternoon?

Truth is the whole PSU fiasco was a plot by ESPN to destroy the Big East

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Recruiters make all kinds of allegations about other programs, so this would not be that crazy.

As for other knowing or not knowing, Sandusky was the top DC in college football for over 10 years, and suddenly retires in his mid-50's without ever getting a HC gig. Puzzling. Someone knew something about Sandusky.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Recruiters make all kinds of allegations about other programs, so this would not be that crazy.

As for other knowing or not knowing, Sandusky was the top DC in college football for over 10 years, and suddenly retires in his mid-50's without ever getting a HC gig. Puzzling. Someone knew something about Sandusky.

IDK, from the available tape, he didn't sound like a guy who interviews well or was head coach material.

Reaction Score

So, do you believe Freeh or not?

Are you not aware his report addressed precisely this question?

Reaction Score

this might be the dumbest thing i've ever read on the internet. even supposing your negative recruiting theory is 100% correct, how is it easier for PSU to recruit with it being common knowledge that the school brushed massive child molestation under the rug as opposed to some rumors whispered by a competing HC?

Reaction Score
I wasn't aware of it, what did he say about that?

I've been saying that Sandusky was fired because of 2008 but apparently I was wrong. His retirement papers were put through prior to showering with that boy in May of 2008. A letter dated prior to May from Paterno basically told him, one, he wasn't going to be the next head coach, and two, he was spending too much time at Second Mile and that he had to choose if he wanted to continue as assistant coach. Then the whole thing became controversial because they induced his retirement by offering the emeritus package that allowed him to have access to facilities. Also, Sandusky made out financially. The controversy started in that Sandusky didn't have status to achieve emeritus status, and the two superiors who were charged with it noted that they were not allowed to give him status initially. Spanier told them he was certain it was part of Presidential powers to grant emeritus status. The two men (one was current President Erickson, the other was Dean Secor) then conducted a survey which showed that in rare instances over the previous 20 years (predating Spanier) the President gave emeritus status to other assistant profs. Furthermore, they discovered this was within presidential powers. They signed off on it AFTER the May 2008 shower incident. There was no evidence to show that these two men knew about it.

Reaction Score
Why did NCAA go as far back to the 98 season in vacating his wins?

I don't know. I really haven't looked at it. Maybe if they added 1998 through 2001 (2 big winning seasons and 1 losing) he would pass Bowden again, if Bowden ever loses his 40 games against Tennessee Tech's B team and the like. I really don't know.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Oooooor he knew that his safest option was to stay put.

Reaction Score
Probably because that is the year of the first known reported incident for Sandusky.

Things like statues and wins really don't matter to anyone but hardcore football fans and the Paternos, but it is a curious decision since Sandusky was reported to the authorities in 1998. What rule did they violate there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom