pitt spring game | The Boneyard

pitt spring game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
lol

they have a real attendance issue thats only getting worse. the wvu fans love to watch the meltdown going on there. pitt is truly the next bc. bball will be ok but never great having to deal with unc/duke every year and fball will die off bc style. they have no other sport like bc puck or cuse lax where they can still be happy about. its to much fun watching them slowly die off. i predict a new haed coach for pitt football sometime by next week if my average year stats per coach is correct.

the northeast is prime for a new contender and we continue to build and look to fill that slot. i love it. the cuse rebuild is going on year 8 and counting. bc fell off a cliff. psu is a big time school and they clearly aren't missing a beat post joepa/dusky stuff. good for them. wvu sold its sole to the b12. they go out of the be which is great but they have a uphill battle with being the outkast of the b12, i think they can overcome it. you can't spell md with randy. rutgers has still yet to figure that football thing out and temple is years away from a complete comeback to the scene. its our chance to shine and watching things like pitts spring game on a hs field just make me think we can pull it off!

is the field they are playing at really nice? sure it is for a hs, but come on thats a joke. how many recruits are going to go to a hs field for that and fans also??!?!

Reaction Score
First, we are in no position, none, to be ridiculing other schools for low spring game attendance.

Secondly, why do you feel Pitt hoops can be successful in the Big East with schools like UConn, Cuse, and Lousiville but will struggle because they have to play 4 games against Dook and UNC?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
First, we are in no position, none, to be ridiculing other schools for low spring game attendance.

Secondly, why do you feel Pitt hoops can be successful in the Big East with schools like UConn, Cuse, and Lousiville but will struggle because they have to play 4 games against Dook and UNC?

i'm not ridiculing there spring game attendance, im talking about playing the spring game at a hs field. attendance wise i'm talking about in season fball games. its been a mess there the past 2 years. its in major decline there.

hoops wise pitt in the be had tough competition in uconn/cuse/lville etc. but in the be they sold kids on nyc and those huge regional/historical rivals. in the acc they have to fight the tobacco road cartel first off. then they don't have nyc/msg to sell. selling those kids on uva/vt/md bball wise in greensborough is not the same as selling kids on uconn/cuse/sju etc in msg. they are going to feel some hurt. if jamie dixon can keep his program at a high level 4 years from now, he deserves a big pay check.

Reaction Score
Dan gets a little carried away sometimes but he's mostly right about Pitt--not the spring game stuff, however. Pitt style BB won't work in the ACC and it remains to be seen that Pitt can recruit in the ACC. We'll see. Pitt FB is OK but OK isn't going to help attendance or interest since Pitt "fans" only show up if they're 6-1 and playing a big FB name. Contests against Duke, Wake, BC, Ga. Tech., UVA won't help the program although financially they'll be better off. They'll be BC light in a few years, I suspect.

Reaction Score
A good point in there uc74. I think that Big East basketball, in general, is different from ACC basketball. It's been 20 years, but the Big East, I think, hasn't changed much since they were the only 'major' conference to try out the 6-foul rule.

One of the things I really loved about the Big EAst.

Reaction Score
i'm not ridiculing there spring game attendance, im talking about playing the spring game at a hs field. attendance wise i'm talking about in season fball games. its been a mess there the past 2 years. its in major decline there.

hoops wise pitt in the be had tough competition in uconn/cuse/lville etc. but in the be they sold kids on nyc and those huge regional/historical rivals. in the acc they have to fight the tobacco road cartel first off. then they don't have nyc/msg to sell. selling those kids on uva/vt/md bball wise in greensborough is not the same as selling kids on uconn/cuse/sju etc in msg. they are going to feel some hurt. if jamie dixon can keep his program at a high level 4 years from now, he deserves a big pay check.

You really need to start using capital letters and punctuation. I missed the reference to the high school field in your OP. My bad.

Reaction Score
Wait, isn't the majority on this board praying for an ACC invite? How do we thrive in the ACC when BC, Pitt, SU, etc. all fail? :confused:

Reaction Score

let's define success here. Pitt's been pretty good in the BE, but it's not like they've been great, they've been good. in the last 10 years they have one regular season championship and one BE tournament championship, one E8 and 5 S16 appearances. certainly not bad at all, but not exactly great. they were definitely a fair distance behind UConn, Cuse and Louisville, just like they'll always be a fair distance behind UNC and Duke. they'll be lucky to be the next maryland

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's pretty simple. If they have good coaches they will have good teams. There is nothing about Pitt that will keep them from being good, it just comes down to who is steering the ship.

Reaction Score
Lots of good points made in this thread. Very few of them are remotely accurate but good points nonetheless.

Reaction Score
Pitt is a sports town and always will be fine. They will still get recruits from Nyc, especially playing in the acc. The program is still nationally better than Uconn but were on the rise in fb. Would love to see recruits choose Uconn vs Pitt but right now still not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom