Pitt files lawsuit vs BE | The Boneyard

Pitt files lawsuit vs BE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
cant blame them for wanting out. however the case with wvu was concluded by settlement, if Pitt wants to leave, make the Big East an offer.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Pitt is a bunch of scum-bags! I've always hated them, and I think I always will. By all reports, it was their boy, Nordenberg, who led the charge to say no to the last tv contract offer, only to leave the conference "based on the lack of tv money." I will always remember moments like Kemba hitting the buzzer beater against McGhee, El-Amin jumping up on the Pitt scorer's table pounding his chest, and DJ Hernandez throwing the ball out of the enzone on the game-winning touchdown. F$%k Pitt!!! :mad:

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i think we get them out next year and get our small paycheck from them and cuse. navy has quiestly been changing its schedule. we must be the 1's telling them to do it so they can come early in 2013. if the west schools do stick with us, get in on this with byu and now were talking, it will only help our tv contract...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Pitt is a bunch of scum-bags! I've always hated them, and I think I always will. By all reports, it was their boy, Nordenberg, who led the charge to say no to the last tv contract offer, only to leave the conference "based on the lack of tv money." I will always remember moments like Kemba hitting the buzzer beater against McGhee, El-Amin jumping up on the Pitt scorer's table pounding his chest, and DJ Hernandez throwing the ball out of the enzone on the game-winning touchdown. F$%k Pitt!!! :mad:
Don't know if you caught this on AA's blog, she reposted from Andy Katz :

One veteran of the Big East said that the Big East initially approved the ESPN $1.4 billion deal by a 12-4 vote. But while the Big East was going over the final details, ESPN struck a deal with the Pac-12 (a combined $250 million with ESPN and Fox), so the Big East had second thoughts and conducted a new vote. That vote was 16-0 against the deal. ESPN and the Big East have had limited discussions since the Pac-12 deal was announced.

But the moments you quoted are right on the money!!

Reaction Score
The more I think about the wvu thing the more it pisses me off. If the Big East blocked members from going to the Big 12, they would have needed an ACC team to get to ten per their contract with fox and espn. If they cant pull that off (which I'm guessing would have been likely), the Big 12 would have had to take another MWC or CUSA team and I bet at this point, Texas and oklahoma bounce.... The Big East could have been sitting pretty to catch KU, KState etc, but instead they sold themselves out for, what 20 mil? Were the actually concerned that they would have lost in court? WVU had no reasonable case as to why they should be able to leave prior to the 27 month restriction.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Don't know if you caught this on AA's blog, she reposted from Andy Katz :

But the moments you quoted are right on the money!!

Our statements are not in conflict. It was reported that Nordenberg led the charge to refuse the first deal in order to look to get more money on the open market. Then, he used that as a reason to leave the conference. And it wasn't just posts by his detractors; the first link is from someone supporting his reasons for leading the charge (which takes away any doubt I had that he led the charge):

http://pghfanatic.blogspot.com/2011/09/nordys-big-move.html

The second link is one from Louisville, that claims Nordenberg was asking everyone to be unified against the deal and they all trusted them, as evidenced by the 16-0 vote against:

http://communityvoices.sites.post-g...ns-to-acc-louisville-ad-rips-pitts-nordenberg

And here is one from bleacherreport that shows even Dick Vitale, from that company in Bristol, criticized Nordenberg (with Georgetown source article):

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...destroyed-college-basketball-and-the-big-east

So essentially, Andy Katz isn't being very forthright in talking about his company's role in this whole thing, as well as Pitt's role and the role of Mark Nordenberg. Now where was I.....oh yes....F$%k Pitt!!! :mad:

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
WVU had no reasonable case as to why they should be able to leave prior to the 27 month restriction.
Sure they did, that's why they're gone. I don't agree with it either, but it happened.

Pitt will do the same and they'll leave early too, and Cuse will request the same settlement and also be on their way. What we learned in the past year is that the exit time frames in these contracts are meaningless if you are willing to throw in a few extra bucks. The only thing that appears to hold schools in place is the grant of rights, and we'll see what happens when a school tries to leave and challenges the GoR (which I think will happen). I really don't have a problem with Pitt or Cuse. WVU, that's a different story. Look at UL #beggingharder right now. I wouldn't be too judgmental, when it happens to us, UConn will have their conference bags packed before you can sing the fight song.

Reaction Score
The more I think about the wvu thing the more it pisses me off. If the Big East blocked members from going to the Big 12, they would have needed an ACC team to get to ten per their contract with fox and espn. If they cant pull that off (which I'm guessing would have been likely), the Big 12 would have had to take another MWC or CUSA team and I bet at this point, Texas and oklahoma bounce.... The Big East could have been sitting pretty to catch KU, KState etc, but instead they sold themselves out for, what 20 mil? Were the actually concerned that they would have lost in court? WVU had no reasonable case as to why they should be able to leave prior to the 27 month restriction.

Seriously? You think Texas would have changed its mind about the Pac Ten merely because they had to wait two seasons to get WVU in the Big XII?

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Ha - let them fight their way into a conference that doesn't really want them.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Good riddence. Let em go but make them pay the toll on the way out. Hoping they become afterthoughts in the future.​

Reaction Score
Seriously? You think Texas would have changed its mind about the Pac Ten merely because they had to wait two seasons to get WVU in the Big XII?

No I dont, but that is not the point. By all accounts WVU didnt have two years, the Big 12 needed another team for next year or would face drastic cuts in TV revenue, and I can't fathom Texas would stand for that.

Sure they did, that's why they're gone. I don't agree with it either, but it happened.

No their gone because they wanted to leave and they paid the Big East 20 million dollars. Thats different than both parties having a judge decide if West Virginia had grounds to void any contract with the Big East and leave early.

Reaction Score

Pitt will do the same and they'll leave early too, and Cuse will request the same settlement and also be on their way. What we learned in the past year is that the exit time frames in these contracts are meaningless if you are willing to throw in a few extra bucks. The only thing that appears to hold schools in place is the grant of rights, and we'll see what happens when a school tries to leave and challenges the GoR (which I think will happen). I really don't have a problem with Pitt or Cuse. WVU, that's a different story. Look at UL #beggingharder right now. I wouldn't be too judgmental, when it happens to us, UConn will have their conference bags packed before you can sing the fight song.
I disagree. I think that nobody is ever going to ask us to join and we will make a good go of it with the new league.

Reaction Score
Good riddence. Let em go but make them pay the toll on the way out. Hoping they become afterthoughts in the future.​
they've been afterthoughts for the last 40 years so i don't see why that would change

Reaction Score
This stuff is hard to read. Can we have some good news? I'm tired of circling the drain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom