Pineda gets tossed | The Boneyard

Pineda gets tossed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He deserved to be tossed for being so dumb by making the pine tar so obvious. He may as well put a sign on his friggin forehead. Now the idiot is likely facing a 6 game suspension and it didn't have to happen. You could tell that Farrell was reluctant to complain but Pineda was basically challenging him to do something.

Reaction Score
In 3 of his 4 starts now he's been caught with pine tar on him. Toronto and two Sox starts. Maybe I'm missing one.

I wonder about his mental state where he finally has a bad inning and he immediately has to rub pine tar all over his neck. If NY is playing in big games in Sept and October there are going to be many cool nights he's going to have to pitch in. Someone's going to have to teach him how to use it secretly.

Reaction Score
Well, he's on an innings count this season anyway. ;)

Pretty embarrassing, even though a lot of pitchers do it. It seems from the interviews afterwards that he didn't grasp the significance of what he was doing/the risk of a suspension. I'm sure it'll be explained better now.

Reaction Score
Impressed the way he stood up and answered the questions etc. after. Likeable guy. Apparently as dumb as dirt ( you glob in on your neck?) but likeable.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Based on the broadcast, the consensus around mlb is that as long as you are not obvious about it, no one cares if you are using pine tar.

Having it globbed on your hand or neck (really, was the face not an option?), leaves the other team no choice.

Reaction Score
Farrell said that before the game----words to effect of I assume he would be discreet about it and there will be no problem.

Alas...he went the glob it on the neck route....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom