Pic of the New Uniform. | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Pic of the New Uniform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
All the uniforms look good except hockey...white football looks great, blue uniform would look better on a bigger guy...I like McCombs but not a good football model with that middle school size... Only disappointment for me is the hockey uniforms, they look like Team USA via 2002. I hate those Nike necks that dip down and the small stripes on the hockey jerseys. Bolder stripes and a normal neck would have sold me on everything...but overall not bad at all. Besides the block C or cursive UConn, which are both gone, there was not much more they could have done with the helmets...glad they went bold and different with the helmets and think they will grow on everyone.

Reaction Score
the uniforms are pretty nice. don't love the red stripe and I can't say I have ever figured out the piping on the jersies which seems to serve no particular purpose, but overall I think they look just fine. Numbers look clearer than we've ever had. There are no odd colored shirts, no reds, blacks or greys or purples. Much better than I was expecting to be honest. Really only modest changes. But the helmets...OY! The blue is awful. The white one is not just bad, it is almost laughable it is so bad. Almost hard to believe anyone could come up with a proposal that was so bad in fact. Marylandish, though ours might be worse, especially the white version which is just a mess. The colors don't match, the logo doesn't fit. At least with the blue there is some contrast between the blue and silver that sort of works. With the white, itjust looks unfinished, like something is missing. That should have had a blue "background" rather than the silver. It would have still looked dopey, but at least not so disjointed and unfinsihed. Basically, Nike took a sort of fascinating idea that was posted here a few times, incorporating the husky into the helmet, and used a worse version of the logo and did a terrible job of incorporating it. And the "bumber stickers"...it is almost as if Nike is trying to make UConn look foolish. And I still can't believe that they designed a logo just so it could be incorporated into a helmet, which is obviously what they did now. Probably had the helmet first, then tried to incorporate it into a logo. There's an old Irish saying, too cute by half. that is what Nike was in this helmet/logo re-design.

Well, at least fishy or someone said we're getting a more thorough re-design next year. One can only hope it includes the helmets and loses the piping on the shirts..

Reaction Score
All this looks too contrived for me. We had a B1G traditional looking helmet. Why change to a community college look?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Blue or white g d it! Blue or freakin white! I hoping part of the brand identity campaign would be to turn out shirts in the school colors.

500x377

Okay, I'm liking the the gray tee a little better, but the point is still valid.

Reaction Score
Here's a positive: no overabundance of the color red like some people were worried about. They kept it as no more than a trim color fairly consistently through all of the team uniforms. The unis themselves look pretty good IMO.

As for the helmets, I don't think they'll be so unbearable once we get used to them and see the team wearing them in weekly game action. (We'll be too busy complaining about inept play-calling anyway). The helmets will blend in more with the rest of the uniform. And even if they don't last and become a forgotten experiment, they'll get attention in the meantime.

Reaction Score
All this looks too contrived for me. We had a B1G traditional looking helmet. Why change to a community college look?
maybe because we're going into a league where we want the community colleges (Memphis for example) to feel comfortable. This administration continues to amaze. They get left in the dirt by Louisville and locked out of any major conferences, so they figure, well, let's change the logo and get new football helmets. maybe then people will be so busy looking at the swell new helmets they'll forget we're playing in a small time league.

Reaction Score
Better view of the teams...

View attachment 2815
Actually most of the uniforms themselves look fine. Not really bad at all. I prefer the other type of hockey sweater too, but that's a minor issue. And I don't quite get why the stripes on the shirt don't match the ones on the socks either. And what sport is #18 on the left end of 2nd row? Is there really a blue patch and a grey/silver leave or is that just the shading? I can't identify the sport.

Reaction Score
maybe because we're going into a league where we want the community colleges (Memphis for example) to feel comfortable. This administration continues to amaze. They get left in the dirt by Louisville and locked out of any major conferences, so they figure, well, let's change the logo and get new football helmets. maybe then people will be so busy looking at the swell new helmets they'll forget we're playing in a small time league.

Either way I'm sure you'll have something to b*tch about.

Reaction Score
Actually most of the uniforms themselves look fine. Not really bad at all. I prefer the other type of hockey sweater too, but that's a minor issue. And I don't quite get why the stripes on the shirt don't match the ones on the socks either. And what sport is #18 on the left end of 2nd row? Is there really a blue patch and a grey/silver leave or is that just the shading? I can't identify the sport.

Soccer.

Reaction Score
Soccer.
Thanks.
Hard to tell form the angle of the picture. I like the blue uniform much better. The white is too, I don't know, gimmicky. Like they tried too hard to include every possible thing in one uniform. Red trim on the collar, a blue shoulder patch, silver sleeve and a woven Donald...but at least its all white! I'll take what I can get.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

That is the soccer goalie uniform. Very cool in fact.

Reaction Score
Actually, my opinion is that the men's soccer uniforms were the best redesign. #18 is the goalie, so he should look much different.

My opinion, the all white football uniform is great. I love really love it but am afraid I will not see it as much as I would like to at the Rent.

Reaction Score
That is the soccer goalie uniform. Very cool in fact.

Soccer goalie jersey is sick. One of my favorites.

As for the palms of the football gloves - looks like they will say "UCONN"

BIJn2ITCUAEW6lq.jpg:large

Reaction Score
Soccer goalie is actually in a grey jersey with the Husky head shadowed on the chest.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Sorry, I HATE the uniforms and DETEST the helmets.

Could they make the UCONN name any smaller on the unis? Crappy job. The UCONN name should be much larger on the football unis while the helmets are unbearable. They left off most of the husky face on the front. They at least could have makde the husky face much wider on the front. also whats ups while that pinty thing on the back of the helmets? Looks completely sh_tty? and pointless.

JMO

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
They did not screw this up. This was a very good job overall. Have to admit it. Love baseball and with the old C on the cap. Sharp. Hoop for men looks same, but they did not have to change those much. Football Helmets are sharp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom