Pic of the New Uniform. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Pic of the New Uniform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Helmets are pretty wild, rest of the FB uniforms looks fine. And no major changes to the hoops uniforms (which is good).

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
So helmets aside, everybody loving the uniforms? I think they are nifty or whatever the kids saying these days.

They ruined the men's hockey uniform, but that was a given with the "UConn" rebrand.

The basketball jerseys are excellent.

The football jerseys are great, and I'm a new helmet fan.

Reaction Score
Some of the new digs are also on Nike's site:

http://nikeinc.com/news/uconn-updates-visual-identity-and-new-uniforms-for-huskies#/inline/19316

Here's a version of the logo they had with a gray border:
Uconn-Huskies-Logo-Word-Mark_large.jpg

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
They ruined the men's hockey uniform, but that was a given with the "UConn" rebrand.

The basketball jerseys are excellent.

The football jerseys are great, and I'm a new helmet fan.

Are there any pics of the new hockey unis out there?

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Blue or white g d it! Blue or freakin white! I hoping part of the brand identity campaign would be to turn out shirts in the school colors.

I feel that for everything they did right with the rebranding campaign there was at least one other thing that was done completely wrong.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Blue or white g d it! Blue or freakin white! I hoping part of the brand identity campaign would be to turn out shirts in the school colors.

WTF are you talking about? Every school sells grey shirts and white shirts. The background color of the shirt when it is grey or white is unrelated to the team colors. Now if they sell purple or green shirts we have a problem. Hell, I guarantee you there will be pink ones and probably black too. Those are just base t-shirt colors.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
WTF are you talking about? Every school sells grey shirts and white shirts. The background color of the shirt when it is grey or white is unrelated to the team colors. Now if they sell purple or green shirts we have a problem. Hell, I guarantee you there will be pink ones and probably black too. Those are just base t-shirt colors.

Ya but its the first (and apparently the only shirt right now) w/ the new logo on it. I think he makes a good point.

Reaction Score
I think the new helmet will be a hit with the younger generation. It is pretty intense look. I love the new set up and I think it will help UCONN form a new image. As long as we can deliver on the field, this new look will help promote UCONN. Oregon might have some interesting looking gears, but they get your attention. I hope UCONN can do the same.

Reaction Score
The new uniforms themselves, at least what I have seen, aren't awful. Stupid little picture of Donald, but the helmets are Marylandish...Perhaps worse. And I can't believe that they changed the husky so it could be incorporated into an XFL leftover helmet. I think I figured out the strategy, though. Opponents will make fun of our helmets, players will get mad and hit harder. That is the only thing i can come up with. And I have a question on the bumper sticker too. is that part of the uniform, or can you buy/rent the space? You know, maybe a jetBlue bumper sticker on Whitmer's helmet and Dodge Ram Trucks on the D-tackles. And a VW bumper sticker on McCombs. Help cover some of the losses from the crappy tv deal.

Reaction Score
The new uniforms themselves, at least what I have seen, aren't awful. Stupid little picture of Donald, but the helmets are Marylandish...Perhaps worse. And I can't believe that they changed the husky so it could be incorporated into an XFL leftover helmet. I think I figured out the strategy, though. Opponents will make fun of our helmets, players will get mad and hit harder. That is the only thing i can come up with. And I have a question on the bumper sticker too. is that part of the uniform, or can you buy/rent the space? You know, maybe a jetBlue bumper sticker on Whitmer's helmet and Dodge Ram Trucks on the D-tackles. And a VW bumper sticker on McCombs. Help cover some of the losses from the crappy tv deal.
Why are you a UConn fan? Are you this negative in your day to day life?

MattMang23

Reaction Score

Do you ever say nice things?

Reaction Score
Love the uniforms, helmets are eh but not that bad. Can get used to them.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Every uniform says UCONN on the front, looks like with red accent trim, they're taking this consistency thing seriously. Though they do have the logos with grey trim, apparently for print use and maybe apparel... why not just get rid of those? I say have grey/metallic as a third jersey color but don't incorporate it into the logos / wordmarks. Then again I'm still in the all-white husky logo camp and that's apparently not a thing anymore.

Overall though, happy with the unis. The fb helmets are provocative - not at all what I was expecting - but I think I could get used to them and the kids seem to like them.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Then again I'm still in the all-white husky logo camp and that's apparently not a thing anymore.

all-white husky will forever live on in our hearts and on vintage husky gear

Reaction Score
Freescooter being negative??? I just did not see that coming at all.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
View attachment 2814

On the end... No close-up. Baseball is sharp.

Thanks. Not really a fan of the hockey unis. They're not hockey-ish. Hockey should have a logo, not words on the front- although most college teams use words so I suppose it fits. I'm just more of a fan of the NHL style where a logo is the predominant theme.

You're right about the baseball unis. They do look sharp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom