Phoenix vs. Indiana | The Boneyard

Phoenix vs. Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Close game. Indiana up 3 at the half. The difference seems to be Indiana making more of an effort in the post - they have more fouls committed, but have taken a lot more FT's. Phx seems to be more content to take jumpers.

Indiana 8-8 from the FT line in spite of committing 10 team fouls, while Phx is only 2-3 in spite of only committing 8 team fouls.

Should be an entertaining 2nd half. Win or go home...

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Much better play from Griner than I have seen in most previous games. Bonner is playing her tail off! D is playing well, but not spectacular. Phoenix up by 11, under 5 to go.

Reaction Score
PHX took over in the 2nd half, and is actually playing defense as if their season depends on it (it does, of course). Up 8 with 3 min left.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Well,win or go home. Phx played with some intensity in the 2nd half. Dee was great in the end. Griner looked really good in the 2nd half. I will admit I don't care for Bonner but thought she played well in the 2nd half as well. In the first half she seemed to just want to jack up shots, but in the 2nd half was more picky in her shot selection and it showed in her excellent FG%.

Sad to see Tamika play for the last time. She's one of the all time greats and a player you simply cannot root against. One of the most likable players in the league consistently throughout her entire career (Bird is another player I'd put in that category - impossible to dislike even if you are rooting against her team)...

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Both teams looked "off" in the first half. I thought the second half was better team play, and a bit less jittery handles. I could be wrong.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Congrats to Catch on a great career. She led the only WNBA team to win a championship in the last 11 years that didn't have a UConn Husky on the roster. What an accomplishment.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I was lucky enough to live just a couple of miles from Catchings' HS (Duncanville, TX) and was an instant fan when I saw her play. She always conducted herself with great sportsmanship and that never changed.

What an inspiring woman she is and will continue to be. Look for her to continue to promote the game. She still has big things ahead of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom