Phil Steele preseason all BE | The Boneyard

Phil Steele preseason all BE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We love McCombs, but if he is the best RB in the league.....

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Who knows about this list as I thought Smallwood should have been higher after his freshman season. Shamar Stephens should be on that list somewhere, maybe that is my UConn bias

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i think with whitmer if he can be just a average bcs qb and our ol can get healthy, this team may skock the out of ppl.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
The fact that Tino Suneri made any sort of accolade list is downright scary. Not a good commentary on the Big East in my opinion.

UConn leads the list with 7 first-teamers but no depth on offense after our stand-outs. The defense however could be scary good this year if our safeties are able to step up.

Reaction Score
Phil Steele is pretty good. The school with the most or second most players on his 1st team has won the title every year for the last 8 years, and that of course sounds logical. When he had UConn (surprisingly to many) with only one player fewer than WVU in 2010, we snuck in and won the title. When WVU had far and away the most last year they won the title. We are the kingpins this year. We have 7 on the 1st team. Next with 5 are USF and Rutgers. Solid QB play from under the radar Whitmer (etal) and field goal kicking that measures up to Teggart's standards will have us right back in the BCS. And in this highly charged period of realignment, our credentials will get a big time boost. Start getting excited.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
He was one of the best backs in the league last year. WOuldn't be shocking in the least to see him I'm;rove on his impressive freshman campaign.

It's not just that; the man gained over 1,000 yards playing for a team where they could essentially DARE us to throw the ball! If that isn't something for Steele to get excited about with our team, then what is?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Phil Steele is pretty good. The school with the most or second most players on his 1st team has won the title every year for the last 8 years, and that of course sounds logical. When he had UConn (surprisingly to many) with only one player fewer than WVU in 2010, we snuck in and won the title. When WVU had far and away the most last year they won the title. We are the kingpins this year. We have 7 on the 1st team. Next with 5 are USF and Rutgers. Solid QB play from under the radar Whitmer (etal) and field goal kicking that measures up to Teggart's standards will have us right back in the BCS. And in this highly charged period of realignment, our credentials will get a big time boost. Start getting excited.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
We love McCombs, but if he is the best RB in the league.....

Graham comes back from that injury anywhere near what he was before it and he is hands down the best back in the conference.

Reaction Score
From the second team on it's like throwing darts. I mean what criteria was used to put Savon Huggins on the 2nd team? 4 stars in high school? And I love Jory Johnson, he's one of our guys and all but.........

Reaction Score
QB play will determine the fate of our season once again. Defense should be excellent...hopefully good enough to carry the team to 6 or 7 wins and a bowl if the offense struggles again.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
usf gets the nod for 1st place. just saw it on the machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom