PG Nate Pierre-Louis (UConn Interest) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

PG Nate Pierre-Louis (UConn Interest)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
When your coach says "he should be a high major kid", I get suspicious of his level of play.

I'm not reading into it too deeply. I trust Ollie to make the judgement on his level of play.

Reaction Score
When your coach says "he should be a high major kid", I get suspicious of his level of play.
Why, do you expect any coach to say any different like "Yea he doesn't seem like a D1 player to me"

Reaction Score
The junior told SNY.tv that Seton Hall, Connecticut, Providence, SMU, Arizona State, Notre Dame, St. Louis and Rutgers have recruited him the hardest. He said he doesn't have any favorites yet, but plans to make a verbal decision during the early signing period for recruits in November of 2016.
Looking forward to 10 more months of this thread

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Why, do you expect any coach to say any different like "Yea he doesn't seem like a D1 player to me"
No, because a true high D1 player let's his game make that statement, he doesn't need a high school coach to sell him like he's on the cusp of mid-major/high major.

Reaction Score
If it was UConn and a horde of mid-majors offering, then I'd be more inclined to read more into that comment, but the kid has real offers.

Reaction Score
No, because a true high D1 player let's his game make that statement, he doesn't need a high school coach to sell him like he's on the cusp of mid-major/high major.

Where does it say the kid told the coach to say that.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
From what I understand NPL isn't a priority for us, but a backup in case we miss on MAL or Waters.

Give me both. I wouldn't mind having 3 PGs on the roster for 2017 in AG, NPL, MAL (wouldn't be surprised if Jalen is gone). Not all 3 are pure points and 1 could slide to the 2.

Steady PGs and guard play determines NCAA championships, we've seen this... stacking talent at PG is a proven method for success. Give me all the talented PGs

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Give me both. I wouldn't mind having 3 PGs on the roster for 2017 in AG, NPL, MAL (wouldn't be surprised if Jalen is gone). Not all 3 are pure points and 1 could slide to the 2.

Steady PGs and guard play determines NCAA championships, we've seen this... stacking talent at PG is a proven method for success. Give me all the talented PGs
Agree, however I expect one of our PGs needs to be a lights out shooter. So if we get MAL - who's not a shooter - that probably rules out getting NPL.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
From what I understand NPL isn't a priority for us, but a backup in case we miss on MAL or Waters.

Does anyone know whether UConn is actually recruiting Waters and if so, why don't we ever seem to hear about coaches watching him like we do with others?

Reaction Score
Does anyone know whether UConn is actually recruiting Waters and if so, why don't we ever seem to hear about coaches watching him like we do with others?
I feel like the staff's PG priorities are clearly elsewhere

Matrim55

Reaction Score
MAL is our top PG prospect. From what I understand we've not bowed out of the Waters race, though most smart & plugged in folks think he'll choose Duke if they offer, and Stanford if they don't.

KO is staying involved because - stop me if you've heard this before - teenaged kids have been know to change their minds from time to time.

We're also recruiting Markus Howard and Trae Young. Both guys are, like Waters, PGs who are also knockdown shooters. So if KO wants two PGs or a PG & a SG in the 2017 class, he has options.

However it plays out, I'd expect one of them to be MAL. And if that's the case, the other won't be NPL.

Reaction Score
NATE PIERRE-LOUIS, PG, ROSELLE CATHOLIC, 2017: Pierre-Louis has been a pretty well-known name for some time now but it seems that he has added some substance to his game. Now a junior and the lead guy for the always talented Roselle Catholic bunch, there is a lot to like with the floor general out of Jersey. Now standing over 6-foot-3 and with a body that should continue to fill out as he matures further, Pierre-Louis can take the bump to the basket and facilitate within the half-court setting. He has a very nice burst to him on the blow-by move and is one of the shiftiest and craftiest guys in the lane prior to the tough-nosed conversion. While he doesn’t shoot it too well just yet, there is a lot of value in Pierre Louis due to his ability to run his team and also not turn it over. With a bevy of some of the top programs on the east coast involved, expect for Pierre-Louis to become a priority recruit at the point guard spot this summer.

Via hoopseen

I've always been a fan of his size as a prospect, but clearly MAL is the top priority @ the pg slot for Ollie. Interested to see if we stay in contact

Matrim55

Reaction Score
It's interesting that we're apparently in so hard on a 3-star PG. Perhaps KO is consciously pursuing a guy who 1) will willingly play a minimal role his first couple of years, and 2) will almost certainly stay all four years. NPL might be the type of 7th or 8th man who can help make a good team great, and whose constant presence would allow KO to go after one-and-done PGs in future classes without risking roster stability.

Or -- more likely -- KO simply rates the kid higher than the recruiting services do.

Reaction Score
Is this kid UConn level? I don't follow it close but see he's around 150. Not trying to throw shad just asking. Pretty low rated for such an early offer? I love the staff and what they r doing lately so not being negative.

Reaction Score
Is this kid UConn level? I don't follow it close but see he's around 150. Not trying to throw shad just asking. Pretty low rated for such an early offer? I love the staff and what they r doing lately so not being negative.
I would hope you aren't going to throw fish at him. That seems rather unnecessary.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Here's a link to a Scout article from a few months back:

Pierre-Louis continues to add interest

Slow & low left-handed delivery, but his form is good. Also clearly considers himself a combo guard and talks about how he needs to work to improve his PG skills. Doesn't look like an explosive athlete, but isn't a slouch, either.

The biggest thing to note? We're recruiting two of his HS teammates. One is Andre Rafus, a 6-foot-9 SF/PF whose game seems a little DeAndre-esque. He's a consensus 4-star player, generally ranked from 70-90 or so in the Class of 2017.

The other is Nazreon Reid, a 6-foot-9 220 lb PF who's a top 5 player in the class of 2018. He came to first night (with NPL) back in 2014, and we're still in the mix (though Kansas and UK are presumed leaders).

Maybe KO's playing the long game here...

Reaction Score
There isnt much film on him but I heard he impressed coaches on the aau circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member