PG Nate Pierre-Louis (UConn Interest) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

PG Nate Pierre-Louis (UConn Interest)

Status
Not open for further replies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
They list UConn on each of their lists of interested schools. Maybe it is old. But if UConn is off them, I really hope we are in a really good place with Gilbert. We need a P.G. in 16,

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
They list UConn on each of their lists of interested schools. Maybe it is old. But if UConn is off them, I really hope we are in a really good place with Gilbert. We need a P.G. in 16,
Our lack in pursuit of PG in the 2016 tells me that we feel confident in where we are with Gilbert.

Reaction Score
Was just checking 247 and noticed Meyer picked him coming to us. Wasn't sure if we were recruiting very hard but that's usually a good sign. 247 has him at 4 stars.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Someone needs to put together a mixtape for this kid. The most recent one I found is from when he's an 8th grader.

Reaction Score
He had a lot of hype coming into high school but it seems like things have quieted down for him.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
We picked up a crystal ball (I know, I know... I can't help myself) pick for this kid over the last couple of days.

I think it's pretty clear that we're going to try to get two PGs from the 2017 recruiting class*, and I suspect that pair will come from this group:

Makai Ashton-Langford
Tremont Waters
Nate Pierre-Louis
Matt Coleman
Remy Martin

* There's still a chance MAL reclassifies to 2016.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
MAL and NPL would be great. I don't think MAL should reclassify, he's best off working on his shot because he's already a good finisher around the rim but doesn't seem to have great shooting touch.

NPL seems like a good program guy to have around. 4 year contributor.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
If NPL grows an inch or two he may also be usable at the 2 spot. Which would be a really nice bonus to have.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
If NPL grows an inch or two he may also be usable at the 2 spot. Which would be a really nice bonus to have.
According to what little scouting we have on him, he has great handles, but needs the ball in his hands too much. I saw a video of him recently making two 3 pointers and his shot seems to look a little less goofy, which is a good sign too. He's listed at 6'3 on some sites which is big enough for a 2 in college ball especially since he's pretty athletic and is a hound defensively.

Reaction Score
We picked up a crystal ball (I know, I know... I can't help myself) pick for this kid over the last couple of days.

I think it's pretty clear that we're going to try to get two PGs from the 2017 recruiting class*, and I suspect that pair will come from this group:

Makai Ashton-Langford
Tremont Waters
Nate Pierre-Louis
Matt Coleman
Remy Martin

* There's still a chance MAL reclassifies to 2016.
Wait, there's a kid named Remy Martin? Or is that the preferred drink of choice for KO if he misses out on those first four point guards?

Reaction Score
Wait, there's a kid named Remy Martin? Or is that the preferred drink of choice for KO if he misses out on those first four point guards?
chances this kid wouldn't walk out to Fetty Wap?

Reaction Score
Not sure how long we will stay interested in this kid. I think our priorities for 2017 are Zach Brown, Diallo, and Ashton-Langford. Then I think El-Amin could be in play too.

Reaction Score
A "2017" recruit has only completed their freshman year in HS....14, 15 years old....Hmmmm....Turtle and Ali gave verbal commits in their junior years, and those turned out to be dog poop because the recruiting landscape changes a whole lot in the 6 months before the November signing date...I'll start paying attention to Nate Pierre-Louis maybe a couple years from now. In the meantime, it's all fun and games, so no harm...

Speaking of which, I wonder if the SF from Meriden (or Waterbury?) who's a top 20 recruit for 2016, and who verballed to Pitt as a HS sophomore, stays with Pitt or decides to test the waters ...
One of the asst coaches at Pitt went to UK. Last week the player signed LOI with Auburn.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Nate Pierre-Louis, RC's 6-foot-3-inch point guard, added 13 points. Six of his 13 came in the second quarter inside the paint.

The junior told SNY.tv that Seton Hall, Connecticut, Providence, SMU, Arizona State, Notre Dame, St. Louis and Rutgers have recruited him the hardest. He said he doesn't have any favorites yet, but plans to make a verbal decision during the early signing period for recruits in November of 2016.

"He should be a high-major kid," Boff said. "He plays so hard. Every play, I know he's going to give me everything he has. For what he wants to do at the next level, he's just got to continue to develop his playmaking skills and stuff like that, but he's outstanding. He still has the rest of this year and then one more year to continue to develop. Then I'm sure he'll be able to go anywhere he wants."

Roselle Catholic was able to get back on track after their losing their last two to Virginia's Paul VI and Maryland's Bishop McNamara in Delaware.

"We can really play with anyone in the country right now," Pierre-Louis said. "This is a really good motivator and a great confidence builder for us today."

Reaction Score
Nate Pierre-Louis, RC's 6-foot-3-inch point guard, added 13 points. Six of his 13 came in the second quarter inside the paint.

The junior told SNY.tv that Seton Hall, Connecticut, Providence, SMU, Arizona State, Notre Dame, St. Louis and Rutgers have recruited him the hardest. He said he doesn't have any favorites yet, but plans to make a verbal decision during the early signing period for recruits in November of 2016.

"He should be a high-major kid," Boff said. "He plays so hard. Every play, I know he's going to give me everything he has. For what he wants to do at the next level, he's just got to continue to develop his playmaking skills and stuff like that, but he's outstanding. He still has the rest of this year and then one more year to continue to develop. Then I'm sure he'll be able to go anywhere he wants."

Roselle Catholic was able to get back on track after their losing their last two to Virginia's Paul VI and Maryland's Bishop McNamara in Delaware.

"We can really play with anyone in the country right now," Pierre-Louis said. "This is a really good motivator and a great confidence builder for us today."

You kill the reporters hits when you post the article..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom