PG Makai Ashton-Langford (UConn Offer) | Page 8 | The Boneyard

PG Makai Ashton-Langford (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Sounds like it's Providence and UConn going head to head for MAL. Only thing PC has over UConn is probably playing time freshman year.
Any updates on whether he will/might reclassify and come in next year?

Reaction Score
A Waters mix tape followed MAL's. Waters does look good too. I wonder what the back story is to his relative lack of interest in us

Many grains of salt. Heard water wants a "larger stage" then uconn can offer.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
Imagining adding MAL & Hamidou to Zach Brown (if he doesn't reclassify) for our 2017 class has me like...

yGjQ8Bg.gif

Reaction Score
That's a pretty discouraging phrase to hear a top recruit use to describe us.
Who cares, we have had more highly regarded commits than Waters commit to UConn in the past 2 years and we will have more continue to do so when Waters goes wherever he goes. I get that weeping over the future of UConn is your thing but that's a pretty weird thing to do over that comment considering what we're seeing on the recruiting front.

Reaction Score
A bigger stage than UConn? Kid would barely have a supporting role in Storrs. Let him take his delusion elsewhere.

Reaction Score
We don't even know if the kid actually said that. Let's not bash him based on speculation.
Best to lash out at a teenager now based on speculation and ask forgiveness later than to miss the opportunity

This is a message board after all... (end sarcasm)

Reaction Score
Best to lash out at a teenager now based on speculation and ask forgiveness later than to miss the opportunity

This is a message board after all... (end sarcasm)
Whats even worse is when a poster comes on here and acts holier than thou. This is message board after all. Opinions are what make it worthwhile..............(sarcasm con't)

Last edited:

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
We have Adams and Alterique. I prefer them and we are not hurting. My biggest interest in Waters is that it might mend relationships with New Haven. I like Waters a little more than MAL.

Reaction Score
Whats even worse is when a poster comes on here and acts holier than thou. This is message board after all. Opinions are what make it worthwhile....(sarcasm con't)
You just called a teenage kid delusional based on something he may or may not have even said...you're obviously entitled to an opinion, but maybe think about it for a minute before you share it with others

Reaction Score
If we have Gilbert, Adams, Diallo and MAL I could not care less about Waters. Let him go to Duke and never see the court.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
We have Adams and Alterique. I prefer them and we are not hurting. My biggest interest in Waters is that it might mend relationships with New Haven. I like Waters a little more than MAL.

This is a good point, but is the talent level in New Haven such that we need to worry about relationships? The only NH kid besides Waters who sticks out to me is Walter Whyte (http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/walter-whyte), who doesn't seem at our level.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
True, but it will come around. And they have long memories.

Perhaps. Although Tremont has been at South Kent Prep for his entire high school career. I might be more inclined to agree if he were a Hillhouse or Wilbur Cross kid through and through.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I've met Waters a couple times and he seems like a good kid. Of course if he ends up at Duke or Kentucky, he's dead to me..... I'll never forget Anthony Harris in the early 90s who thought UCONN wasn't big time enough and flamed out at Cuse. It's not whether or not the school is big time, but whether the player is big time enough for the school.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I think that education might be more of a priority for Waters than we're used to hearing. I have no inside info, but reading that his dream school is Duke and that Stanford is where he's going makes me think that he's turning to that type of school. Granted I don't like seeing top prospects (especially in-state ones) turn UConn down, but I think very few people would put UConn on a Duke/Stanford academic level.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I think that education might be more of a priority for Waters than we're used to hearing. I have no inside info, but reading that his dream school is Duke and that Stanford is where he's going makes me think that he's turning to that type of school. Granted I don't like seeing top prospects (especially in-state ones) turn UConn down, but I think very few people would put UConn on a Duke/Stanford academic level.
Then why not go to Harvard?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Duke/Stanford BB is way above Harvard BB, despite what Jeff Goodman says.
Academics shmacademics. A kid could argue academics when kids actually graduated from schools. If you're only going to a school for 1 or 2 years, you're never completing your degree. Why spend two years busting your in school when you're only is putting in your time until you can go to the NBA? When you earn $100 million+, amazingly no one seems to care what school you attended....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom