PG Makai Ashton-Langford (UConn Offer) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

PG Makai Ashton-Langford (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Aaron Wheeler is definitely someone to keep an eye on. He's from Stamford and is playing his high school ball now at St. Andrews in RI. He's a rivals teammate of Makai. Providence has offered, Notre Dame has been in to check him out and Kansas is coming in to watch him tomorrow.

Can he dunk? Seriously though, seems very wiry and athletic. Interesting prospect to keep an eye on.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Where is he in the rankings? I don't know anything about this kid...seems like he'd be a good fit for 2017.

Reaction Score
First of all, we aren't recruiting Brown. Second of all, pretty sure we wouldn't have room for all three.

Oh sorry, I didn't know we stopped recruiting ZACH Brown. Perhaps I should have been more specific.

I never thought Bruce Brown was very good (relatively speaking) and its clear we have no interest in him.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Oh sorry, I didn't know we stopped recruiting ZACH Brown. Perhaps I should have been more specific.

I never thought Bruce Brown was very good (relatively speaking) and its clear we have no interest in him.

I misread your post earlier. My bad.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Tremont Waters 1 spot behind at 34.

I couldn't score 34 points at a pickup game at the park. never mind off a broken hand and against people who really care about the outcome of said game. This looks to me as a testament of his work ethic. Let's get him locked up.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I'm going to piggyback off my own comment in another thread: MAL doesn't have the type of high-major offers you'd expect from a top-35 player:

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/makai-ashton-langford

Providence, Creighton & Georgia Tech are the three "biggest" schools we'd have to beat out. Usually we'd be going up against the Marylands, Indianas, Syracuses and Floridas of the world for a kid like this.

As I said elsewhere, my guess is that everyone regards him as a UConn lock and aren't wasting their time.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

He looks really good! Nice floaters and other touch shots, nice change of pace dribble, and blows by defenders gracefully. Low release on shot, more of a set shooter from 3 it appears. The video only has one pass, so hard to tell if he has great court vision and passing ability.

Makai, come to UConn!!!! He looks like he could be really good.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Makai video

More passing here, with some nice drive and dish moves and jumper looks better in this one. Nice hops for 6'0" if that's accurate.

Reaction Score
Sounds like it's Providence and UConn going head to head for MAL. Only thing PC has over UConn is probably playing time freshman year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom