PG Makai Ashton-Langford (UConn Offer) | Page 15 | The Boneyard

PG Makai Ashton-Langford (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
How much playing time would he likely have at UL? If there is a big opening there for him, then that does change the basic arithmetic of the situation. MAL could fit their system very well, it would seem, just as he would at UConn.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
There's a reason we're recruiting waters again, I don't think we've lost him yet, but the competition is fierce.

Reaction Score
There's a reason we're recruiting waters again, I don't think we've lost him yet, but the competition is fierce.

Seriously though, can you blame MAL for being skeptical of playing time? He'd definitely be behind Gilbert and Adams, no doubt about that. Then if we get HamD, he'd probably be behind him too. So basically MAL could be the 4th guard his freshman year at UConn whereas he could go to Ville or PC and start from day 1. Obviously I want MAL is a husky uniform but I cannot blame him for going elsewhere if he wants immediate playing time.

Reaction Score
The mid concurs with Scout analyst Snow, who has more inside info than anyone on this board.

This ain't over yet, but a possible good sign could be maybe a Waters lean, who knows.
Seems to me that recruiting analysis is a lot of selecting what you want to hear. In the end, until the kid actually commits, its simply noise.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, we need to CLOSE post Bunk. Recruiting multiple guys at the same position for long periods of time has a way of alienating guys. I recognize we need to do it when we don't quickly close - of course we are telling each guy he is the special one - but guys compare notes. As nice as our training facilities are now - note to Glen Miller - we need other wows. That tour by itself doesn't CLOSE.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, we need to CLOSE post Bunk. Recruiting multiple guys at the same position for long periods of time has a way of alienating guys. I recognize we need to do it when we don't quickly close - of course we are telling each guy he is the special one - but guys compare notes. As nice as our training facilities are now - note to Glen Miller - we need other wows. That tour by itself doesn't CLOSE.

Bunk hasn't worn off on Iona yet. I'm keeping an eye on their recruiting to see the bunk effect. They should be getting top 15 talent soon.

Reaction Score
MAL has to be our number 1 priority, make the magic happen Mr. Ollie!!

Reaction Score
We are past the point of just buying into the Bunk Factor. We need to know specifics. What exactly did Bunk do that no one else can?

Reaction Score
very close to nex..........sadly- lots of ground to make up if possible.

Reaction Score
We are past the point of just buying into the Bunk Factor. We need to know specifics. What exactly did Bunk do that no one else can?

If there are specifics it's probably best left alone.

Reaction Score
a lot of folks on here have talked about how the staff and MAL have cooled on each other, for a good 3-4 weeks.

Reaction Score
Recruiting multiple guys at the same position for long periods of time has a way of alienating guys. I recognize we need to do it when we don't quickly close - of course we are telling each guy he is the special one - but guys compare notes.

Ignoring the other Chief-isms in this post, wasn't this part of the issue with Prince Ali, that we recruited too many guys at the same position and scared them all off?

I guess we'll see whether it becomes a problem. Hopefully the staff figures out the best approach to recruiting multiple kids for the same position.

Reaction Score
Ignoring the other Chief-isms in this post, wasn't this part of the issue with Prince Ali, that we recruited too many guys at the same position and scared them all off?

Wasn't Jalen Adams the guy we were continuing to recruit when Prince decommited? So no, we didn't scare them all off. I'm crying no tears over that one.

I think the addition of Vital to join Gilbert and Adams made it a tougher sell for MAL. But we desperately needed Vital for this year, so c'est la vie.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I'm a lot more concerned about landing a center for the 2017 class than a pg, would love to land him, but we really have more pressing needs.

We could really use a guard, wing, and center. Anything else after that is gravy.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Exactly. The best possible class is MAL, HamD, and Nick Richards.
Not enough shooting in that backcourt. I'd take the Waters/Diallo pair over MAL/Diallo, even tho MAL probably has more long-term upside than Waters.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Waters will be a far better college player than MAL. MAL has better longterm upside, but as far us UConn winning more games goes, I'll take Waters over MAL any day. Especially if we're taking Diallo and not another shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom