PG Jaylen Fisher (UNLV Decommit) | The Boneyard

PG Jaylen Fisher (UNLV Decommit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From a Scout article out today:

Recruiting wise there are numerous schools who are really making Fisher a priority recruit.

“The top people would be Connecticut, Arkansas, and Memphis,” noted Hurd. “They have probably been the ones on him the hardest. Then it is Florida, Baylor, Tennessee, and then Louisville and Kansas as well, but those two haven’t offered yet.”

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Good.

Sign one of them.

They've actually been recruiting Fisher for a very, very long time.

Don't know much about the Georgia kid, but Fisher would be a great fit. More point than combo.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure about this one. Weird mixtape...strange shot. His dribbling is unorthodox, but he can sure pass. Most of our guys are not adept at catching passes cleanly and executing. Because it does seem that he has any semblance of an outside shot, I wonder if it would put our three scorers in a disadvantaged situation. Don't know if he offers enough to keep the opponents honest. I suspect that he would have a harder time getting into the box against D1 teams. Quality teams are interested, so there must be more there than evidenced by the tape.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Nonsense.

He's a 2016 recruit - you don't even know who he'll be playing with so projecting the way you are is a waste of time.

Kid's a true point guard.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I'm not sure about this one. Weird mixtape...strange shot. His dribbling is unorthodox, but he can sure pass. Most of our guys are not adept at catching passes cleanly and executing. Because it does seem that he has any semblance of an outside shot, I wonder if it would put our three scorers in a disadvantaged situation. Don't know if he offers enough to keep the opponents honest. I suspect that he would have a harder time getting into the box against D1 teams. Quality teams are interested, so there must be more there than evidenced by the tape.
F150:
STRENGTHS
3pt Shooting
Athleticism
Changing Pace
Elite Ball-Handling Skills
High Motor
Leadership Skills
On-Ball Defense
Scoring On All Three Levels
Speed
Upper Body Strength
Feel For The Game

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Not to be rude, but with few exceptions the recruiting sites generally know what they're talking about.

Also, perfect high school players without flaws are very hard to come by. There's nothing wrong with bringing about a highly skilled and talented player who needs to work on a couple of areas of his game.

Reaction Score
image.jpg

Reaction Score
Twitter handle is Fish Sticks? Considering our numero uno poster is Fishy, and the fact that we have a sub-forum dedicated to our aquatic friends, I think we have an advantage over those inferior schools.

Reaction Score
Consider my observations stupid. The mixtape didn't suggest those attributes. I'm interested in anyone to help this team. If he is all that and we land him, good for us.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Wasn't "Fish Sticks" Aussiecuz's nickname for Fishy?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Consider my observations stupid. The mixtape didn't suggest those attributes. I'm interested in anyone to help this team. If he is all that and we land him, good for us.

Not stupid, just not enough info...

Thing to keep in mind - when you watch these mix tapes, you're at the mercy of whatever high school A/V kid edited it.

You can find games on YouTube with out much trouble - those are better.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score

I'll be happy with any of our PG targets from 2016 - Gilbert, Gibbs, etc. But from what I've seen & read, Fisher is my favorite. Hope we land him.

Reaction Score
Matrim55 said:
587304473917202432 I'll be happy with any of our PG targets from 2016 - Gilbert, Gibbs, etc. But from what I've seen & read, Fisher is my favorite. Hope we land him.

If he ends up signing somewhere else, I'll post a photo of Beaker from The Muppets. Can't do it while we are in the running for him though. Bad recruiting mojo.

Reaction Score
Fisher only leaves Memphis if Memphis decides the New Orleans PG is the better choice. Currently crystal balled 100% Memphis. We have two of Fisher's AAU teammates already commited in Nick Marshall and Jeremiah Martin.

http:// /Player/DeJon-Jarreau-76466

Respect your thoughts but kids and recruiting are funny things when decision time comes. We'll stay on hold here.

Reaction Score
Memphis kids are hard to pull away from Memphis. I personally think Memphis gets the New Orleans PG or Jeremiah Martin develops to where it's ok to pass on Fisher. I actually think he be a good player at UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom