PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American) | Page 19 | The Boneyard

PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can i start a thread titled "Shot vomit people post" where most of this stuff can go instead of the recruit threads.. just wondering

people wonder why I start new threads with the slightest new news!

oh put a cork in it in , this is basketball discussion. plenty of posters beat you to the punch for "updates".

tcf reporting cuse reached out is entirely relevant. literally this morning ace threw an article in here talking about gilberts eybl duration. these things matter in grassroots.

heres an idea, post relevant recruit information in their DEDICATED THREADS. dont try and be a cowboy and gain credit for some fake insider information.

Reaction Score
http://bigstagehoops.com/2015/05/11/b1g-target-stock-risers-gary-trent-jr-more/

Gilbert is heating up in a hurry on the EYBL circuit, which is a scary thought for anyone going up against Team CP3. The 2016 four-star point guard is coming off a big weekend in Houston–averaging 21.5 points, 4.5 assists and four rebounds per game. Gilbert is electric with the ball in his hands, and his quickness and court vision make him all the more dangerous.

Gilbert showed out against the King James Shooting Stars on Sunday, as he posted 21 points, four rebounds and 10 dimes. He has scored at least 20 points in his last six EYBL contests–leading his team to a league-best 11-1 record. Gilbert is ranked No. 53 in the 247Sports Composite rankings and No. 11 at the point guard position. While you wait for the scouting sites to catch up, go ahead and lock Gilbert in as one of the top 25 prospects in the country.

Reaction Score
oh put a cork in it in , this is basketball discussion. plenty of posters beat you to the punch for "updates".

tcf reporting cuse reached out is entirely relevant. literally this morning ace threw an article in here talking about gilberts eybl duration. these things matter in grassroots.

heres an idea, post relevant recruit information in their DEDICATED THREADS. dont try and be a cowboy and gain credit for some fake insider information.

i was totally wrong, you are correct. I have no problems scrolling through four pages to find an ounce of info asssclown! I would be only slightly annoyed if the drool was in the ballpark of basketball talk. 97% of these 24 page recruit update threads is bile at best!

Reaction Score
i was totally wrong, you are correct. I have no problems scrolling through four pages to find an ounce of info asssclown! I would be only slightly annoyed if the drool was in the ballpark of basketball talk. 97% of these 24 page recruit update threads is bile at best!
Please dont let this one idiot dissuade you from reporting relevant recruiting info. The way These recruiting threads get hijacked is laughable, but there are some of us who would like ANY news on who we're recruiting and appreciate what you do.

Reaction Score
You guys crying about recruiting threads being hijacked...while hijacking a recruiting thread that has relevant info on this very page.

Very ironic.. I am talking about the other 12 out 15 pages in this thread

Reaction Score
Very ironic.. I am talking about the other 12 out 15 pages in this thread
I think the benefit of having these threads is that it acts as sort of a news dump so there doesn't have to be a new thread for every bit of information. For instance, the tweet about Syracuse calling Gilbert is newsworthy, but it doesn't really make sense to create an entire thread for it. And the excerpt about how Gilbert has played doesn't really require a new thread either. But they are both relevant pieces of information in the recruitment of Gilbert. That's what these recruiting threads are meant for.

And good luck finding a thread that doesn't go off topic - it happens in every single one. That's just the nature of message boards, especially in the offseason.

Reaction Score
I think the benefit of having these threads is that it acts as sort of a news dump so there doesn't have to be a new thread for every bit of information. For instance, the tweet about Syracuse calling Gilbert is newsworthy, but it doesn't really make sense to create an entire thread for it. And the excerpt about how Gilbert has played doesn't really require a new thread either. But they are both relevant pieces of information in the recruitment of Gilbert. That's what these recruiting threads are meant for.

And good luck finding a thread that doesn't go off topic - it happens in every single one. That's just the nature of message boards, especially in the offseason.

I agree 100%. The purpose of these threads are to share info on a recruit. I just get frustrated sifting through the empty thought. I only start a new thread when it is a visit or big news. I get pm from time to time thanking the new threads. It looks like I am in the minority and will stop.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
MCW was the only player in the league this year to take at least 200 midrange jumpers and make fewer than 30% of them. Of the 202 players who took at least 100 threes, MCW ranked 200th in field goal percentage. Least efficient volume shooter in the NBA.

Source: Kirk Goldsberry
Part of the reason Philly shed no tears when they included him in the package

Reaction Score
What about in the future have a John Doe - News Only thread and then people can start an offshoot thread on the kid.
Or not doesn't bother me too much either way.

Reaction Score
What about in the future have a John Doe - News Only thread and then people can start an offshoot thread on the kid.
Or not doesn't bother me too much either way.

I tried something like that and the junk talkers just took it over.. lasted three posts at most.

C

Chief00

Why do guys like Ollie but not enough to commit on a visit? When they start taking more visits our chances tend to fade with UConn in the pack.
We n Ed to roll the dice and close hard.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
All info is welcome, No opinions should be eliminated to defer to the "smart" guys

But two posters having an unrelated argument that goes on and on and on is a pain. Find a way to stop that and I'll sign on.
But I also wish people kept to the same thread. I find that more difficult than the noise.

But everything tcf posts is worth it and ace's posts here were valuable too. But I don't think they are who 99 is referring to.

Reaction Score
Alterique is nasty, his game is so tailor made for UConn it's not even funny.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I see SO much Kemba in him. Wow. Great player. Let's lock him up.

caw

Reaction Score
And, by God, he's short enough and his first name is strange enough, to be our star P.G.

If you think about it Ryan was way too normal a name after Kemba and Shabazz and now Ryan is followed by Sterling. We need Alterique just because Jalen is also way too normal a name and we can't have that.

Reaction Score
New article up on Rivals, and partially posted in Gilbert's profile, but here's a nice quote from him about Ollie:

"For me being a point guard, a small point guard and Kevin Ollie being able to fight through adversity like that for 13 years stands out," said Gilbert. "Playing for many different NBA teams, it showed how hard he worked."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom