PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American) | Page 44 | The Boneyard

PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
re: Jason Tatum...who has money on the Billikens?

Reaction Score
I think that was Ozzie from the other board getting some serious screen time talking to KO in the crowd.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Dove said:
re: Jason Tatum...who has money on the Billikens?

Puke. Blecch.

Reaction Score
Duke getting all of these guys is scary. With Calipari there's always been the presumption that he'd find a way to waste it all away in a big tournament game, but K is arguably the greatest tournament coach of all time, and now he's getting 3-4 top 15 guys a year.

Perimeter defense will always be a concern for them, but they'll be loaded for a while.

Reaction Score
Duke getting all of these guys is scary. With Calipari there's always been the presumption that he'd find a way to waste it all away in a big tournament game, but K is arguably the greatest tournament coach of all time, and now he's getting 3-4 top 15 guys a year.

Perimeter defense will always be a concern for them, but they'll be loaded for a while.
Hasn't he been getting top 15 guys? Don't get me wrong I'm happy with what we've been getting but when you get these #1 position players this isn't exactly a fair fight but it is what it is.

Reaction Score
Coach K doesn't have the best backcourt the next 2/3 years. I'll put my faith in Gibbs/Adams/Gilbert and others

Reaction Score
CP himself had a bunch of nice things to say about Gilbert. Said basically he can do it all but just needs to be a little more assertive vocally as a PG leader. Said he leads quietly but "going to UConn to follow Kemba and Boatright.." he will need to step up the leadership. The game is all there CP said - nice recruiting piece actually.

Reaction Score
Coach K doesn't have the best backcourt the next 2/3 years. I'll put my faith in Gibbs/Adams/Gilbert and others
We should be in the conversation but if he keeps pulling top 5 players it's tough to say at this point who will have the best backcourt.

Reaction Score
We should be in the conversation but if he keeps pulling top 5 players it's tough to say at this point who will have the best backcourt.

He has had plenty of other "great" backcourts according to the rankings and they didn't turn out all that great. Last years was only because it took Cook 4 years to become what he was supposed to be and Jones had a very good freshman year. No matter who he gets I always like our chances vs his teams.

Reaction Score
Named one of the Honorable mentions for the All Peach Jam teams. Probably would've been atleast second-team if CP3 didnt lose in that heartbreaking fashion

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
He has had plenty of other "great" backcourts according to the rankings and they didn't turn out all that great. Last years was only because it took Cook 4 years to become what he was supposed to be and Jones had a very good freshman year. No matter who he gets I always like our chances vs his teams.
Jones flopped so much it was getting nauseating. against us there was one where he ran into his guy, flopped, and purvis got called. Cook became a very good shooter and leader. Still the backcourt was good, nothing special.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Jones flopped so much it was getting nauseating. against us there was one where he ran into his guy, flopped, and purvis got called. Cook became a very good shooter and leader. Still the backcourt was good, nothing special.

Idk, about the season, but in the ncaas Jones looked like one of the best PG's in college basketball.

Reaction Score
Good points have moxy and if they play for Duke we hate them, naturally. Adams has it and Gilbert does too. Jones was amazing, the key to their title.

Reaction Score
So watching Gilbert on Sunday he's physically solid with good athleticism and basketball skills. Driving into the trees is not going to work at the next level and that's one of the many things that they all have to learn. Pretty excited to have him as a Husky. He's 5'11"?

Reaction Score
So watching Gilbert on Sunday he's physically solid with good athleticism and basketball skills. Driving into the trees is not going to work at the next level and that's one of the many things that they all have to learn. Pretty excited to have him as a Husky. He's 5'11"?

He definitely looks bigger than Boat when I watched him. Looks much more like Kemba size wise than Boat, which is a good thing. That inch or two can make a huge difference.

Reaction Score
He definitely looks bigger than Boat when I watched him. Looks much more like Kemba size wise than Boat, which is a good thing. That inch or two can make a huge difference.
Him and Boat are identical in size.

At the NBA combine, Boat measured in at 5'11" (w/ shoes) with a 6'0.5" wingspan: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Ryan-Boatright-6269/
At the Nike Skills Academy, Gilbert measured in at 5'11" (w/ shoes) with a 6'0.5" wingspan: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Alterique-Gilbert-76424/

But Gilbert does weigh more. Boat was 152 at the 2010 NBA Top 100 Camp and Gilbert weighed in at 175 at the Nike Skills Academy.

Reaction Score
Him and Boat are identical in size.

At the NBA combine, Boat measured in at 5'11" (w/ shoes) with a 6'0.5" wingspan: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Ryan-Boatright-6269/
At the Nike Skills Academy, Gilbert measured in at 5'11" (w/ shoes) with a 6'0.5" wingspan: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Alterique-Gilbert-76424/

But Gilbert does weigh more. Boat was 152 at the 2010 NBA Top 100 Camp and Gilbert weighed in at 175 at the Nike Skills Academy.

Maybe my eyes were deceiving me or the relative size of the other players was smaller (could very well be the case). Just looked bigger to me. Boat always looked like a shrimp...didn't get that from looking at Alterique.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom