FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
This coming from a guy who says he's 7'2"?? :oops:
To be fair, Fishy's 7'2" in sneakers.

These are the sneakers:

Lady-Gaga-White-Platform-Sneakers.jpg

Reaction Score
6'2" ?? Please find me that one superJ, not sure you will come up with that one but give it a go.
You said Stanley Johnson was around the same height as Kevin Pangos and you said Tremont Waters was 5'5 or 5'6.

Reaction Score
You said Stanley Johnson was around the same height as Kevin Pangos and you said Tremont Waters was 5'5 or 5'6.

I believe I said he was closer to Kevin Pangos than he was to 6'8". He's in between there somewhere but not 6'8. But he's damn good! Maybe I looked at an old Tremont clip but he's not 5'10 unless everyone on the court he was playing against were all 6'8 like Stanley Johnson lol. Hey I exaggerate but my point is so do all of the rosters you see!!! Fun though with you guys chasing my numbers, way too much. By the way I'm now 6'4" now so don't screw around with me!;)

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
New mixtape. Interestingly found it as Steven Enoch retweeted it. It's not hard to believe they're friends as they're both CT kids, but I like it.

Jones may be overshadowed by Brown and undersized at 6'7, but he's pretty damn athletic which helps him "dunk everything" and be the prolific rebounder he is supposed to be.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
New mixtape. Interestingly found it as Steven Enoch retweeted it. It's not hard to believe they're friends as they're both CT kids, but I like it.

Jones may be overshadowed by Brown and undersized at 6'7, but he's pretty damn athletic which helps him "dunk everything" and be the prolific rebounder he is supposed to be.
The big issues will be scholarships and need.

If we use the two scholarships we have remaining this year - one on Hardnett and one on Brown - that puts us at 13 (max) for next season.

After next season Omar & Phil graduate. We have two spots, and one of those goes to (please god) Mario Kegler (who is and will likely remain our top target).

Our other major need at that point is center. Amida will be a senior, and while Enoch can play the 5 he's really more of a PF. Hence, we're targeting guys like Schnider Herard, Trevor Stanback and Rodney Miller (all ranked 40-60, and we're supposedly very strong with Miller).

That, unfortunately, leaves no room for Jones unless somebody transfers.

The other option is that we don't use that final scholarship this year (let's say we get Brown, but no PG). If that's the case, then we're DEFINITELY going all-in on a 2016 PG.

Note that we've offered three of those - Jaylen Fisher, Temple Gibbs and Alterique Gilbert - in recent weeks, and that there's some noise about Waters reclassing to 2016 as well.

Then there's the issue of need. We've landed PFs in each of the last three classes - KF in '13, Rock in '14 and Enoch in '15. DHam has played a lot of stretch 4, and Kegler will do the same once he's here (please god). Jones, because of his size, can't really play the 5, and because he's not super skilled, isn't going to play the 3.

Obviously a lot of things can change between now and then. But as it stands now, it takes some fuzzy math to get Jones here in '16. We just don't have a big need for a PF in next year's class.

Now... if he does a prep year and becomes a '17, we should absolutely lock him up. That might actually be the best chance to see the kid in a UConn uniform (unless next year is his prep year - which I don't believe is the case).

Reaction Score
Might be premium: http://scouthoops.scout.com/story/1532732

Already Jones has offers from schools such as Kansas State, Xavier, Connecticut, Virginia Commonwealth, Providence, Minnesota, Texas Tech, and Massachusetts. Also there is interest from numerous other high-major programs.

On the season Jones says he had a chance to make visits to two schools.

“I went on an unofficial visit to VCU and I went to a couple of games at Connecticut,” said Jones.

About the visit to VCU, Jones said, “It was a good atmosphere, and the community really supports the basketball team. They have a great crowd and they run a good style of play for me.”

When it comes to UConn, Jones said, “I have a good relationship with UConn. They have a good team and a good atmosphere.”

For now Jones says that he is in no hurry to make any kind of decision, and plans on playing out the spring with Expressions Elite on the EYBL circuit.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
The big issues will be scholarships and need.

Then there's the issue of need. We've landed PFs in each of the last three classes - KF in '13, Rock in '14 and Enoch in '15.

Obviously a lot of things can change between now and then. But as it stands now, it takes some fuzzy math to get Jones here in '16. We just don't have a big need for a PF in next year's class.
Well, Rock's out. And suddenly we've got a need for Tyrique.

This should be a slam dunk for KO & staff.

Reaction Score
Well, Rock's out. And suddenly we've got a need for Tyrique.

This should be a slam dunk for KO & staff.
Kid rebounds everything and we desperately need rebounding. Plus the fact that he's a CT. kid and UConn is his dream school, it should be a done deal. Jones and Bruce Brown should be a slam dunk.

Reactions: THC

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Kid rebounds everything and we desperately need rebounding. Plus the fact that he's a CT. kid and UConn is his dream school, it should be a done deal. Jones and Bruce Brown should be a slam dunk.
Yup. Only way it's acceptable for us to lose out on him is if we end up getting a top-30 PF instead. And from what I understand, we're only tangentially involved with the top players at that spot in the 2016 class.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Kid just retweeted this:

Come at us, Shaka!

Edit: Also this:

Reaction Score
I think KO and company need to rent some space at Vermont Academy and just set up shop there for the next couple of years. Be the most visible presence on campus, f Providence, St. Johns, and any other encroaching schools - including Texas.

That, or as @Matrim55 suggests, hire one of their coaches.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
OT: Never been to Vermont Academy but my guess is if your willing to go to Vermont Academy you should have an easy transition to living Storrs....

Reaction Score
He's 6-foot-7.5 in shoes with a 6-foot-9 wingspan. For reference, Adrien is 6-foot-6.5 in shoes with a 7-foot-2 wingspan.

Re: shooting, from what I've read and the very little I've seen, his range is about five feet.
If those measurements are accurate fine but he looks to be a little undersized.

Reaction Score
It's stupid to knock Jones. If Diarra hadn't already committed, we'd all be clamoring for Jones and the coaching staff would probably be all over him. Actually, if Diarra wasn't already in the fold and we lost Jones to Xavier, this place would be going crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom