PF Taurean Thompson (UConn Offer) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

PF Taurean Thompson (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I dunno. This kids mixtape has my mouth watering. By the way, this is how EVERY mix tape looks to me.

uGozNBN.gif
This so BAD its hilarious!

Reaction Score
Official Visit in about a week

Corey Evans ‏@coreyevans_10 6m6 minutes agoRoss Township, PA
2016 Brewster Academy forward Taurean Thompson has set an official visit to UConn for April 18-19, per his coach http://www.hoopseen.com/players/291

digging around to see where he visited and what the word was with him, came across an interesting post on cuses board

Rumor had it that his mom wanted him to stay local and that Syracuse was too far for her. How would Kansas be?

Have to be optimistic if that's the case , storrs is much closer from jersey/manhattan than cuse is.

Reaction Score
I wonder if we get Thompson if we would still go after a 5th year big. The one video I watched he seemed a bit thin although not like a Facey.

I think we need a banger unless Enoch ready to go at the 4, and that's a gamble. I love his game not sure if he can play 4 against smaller teams?

Will be really interesting to see how they fill the three spots. Looking like Vital, Thompson and the center are big targets but who knows. I really want a sniper and not sure Vital is it. I do want him as a combo for sure. Really complicated puzzle, but staff is on it grinding hard!

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Looking like Vital, Thompson and the center are big targets but who knows. I really want a sniper and not sure Vital is it. I do want him as a combo for sure. Really complicated puzzle, but staff is on it grinding hard!
Reinhardt

Reaction Score
Reinhardt seems like a very good fit.

Is he still a whiny ball hog? The kid got to shoot every time he touched the ball at UNLV and was still unhappy, and in the limited amount I've seen USC play Enfield seemed to rein him in a little but he's still a bit of a rally killing gunner. Doesn't strike me as the type of upperclassmen you want to try to blend into a squad but what do I know.

Reaction Score
Is he still a whiny ball hog? The kid got to shoot every time he touched the ball at UNLV and was still unhappy, and in the limited amount I've seen USC play Enfield seemed to rein him in a little but he's still a bit of a rally killing gunner. Doesn't strike me as the type of upperclassmen you want to try to blend into a squad but what do I know.

Well, you know how to get throw out of a game. That gets you street cred.

Reaction Score
He's not the star that he thought he was and others thought he was coming out of high school but he was definitely a better player his last year at USC. The thought of us only having 2 or 3 guards next year scares the hell out of me, I would take him.

Reaction Score
Here a scouting write up on Thompson:

Updated 04/01/2016

Strengths:
A developing big man who possesses physical tools and budding skill alike, Thompson is an intriguing long-term prospect up front. He's got a long and solid build that should fill out naturally, good athleticism to run the floor and play up and around the rim, and the skill to knock down mid-range jumpers and even put the ball on the floor once or twice within the flow of the offense.
Weaknesses:
There's a level of fluidity lacking in his game right now, but it probably has less to do with his agility than it does his overall offensive instincts. His feel and understanding for the game is still limited and so he's very much still a work in progress. He doesn't really have a game with his back to the basket just yet and tends to be more comfortable facing up.
Bottom Line:
He was on the verge of a breakout sophomore season before being derailed by injury, but is now starting to rapidly climb recruiting boards around the northeast and beyond.

Reaction Score
He's not the star that he thought he was and others thought he was coming out of high school but he was definitely a better player his last year at USC. The thought of us only having 2 or 3 guards next year scares the hell out of me, I would take him.

SC fans don't seem too broken up that he's leaving. Either way, he strikes me as a soft Mater Dei kid in the mold of a Taylor King but I leave the evaluations to the experts. If Ollie wants him, good enough.

Reaction Score
SC fans don't seem too broken up that he's leaving. Either way, he strikes me as a soft Mater Dei kid in the mold of a Taylor King but I leave the evaluations to the experts. If Ollie wants him, good enough.
Could care less what USC's three fans think, as you said if Ollie wants him we should want him.

Reaction Score
Could care less what USC's three fans think, as you said if Ollie wants him we should want him.
I mean, Ollie isn't batting 100%. He wanted Cassell, instead of maybe someone else who could contribute meaningful minutes.

I like the idea of adding reinhardt, but im sure we all can agree with this; hell need to be a different, more complimentary, piece on the team than what he was out west. He can't come in here as a gunslinger who expects be a first or second option. (He left unlv to play pg essentially , never got his wish)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom