PF Sacha Killeya-Jones (Kentucky Commit) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

PF Sacha Killeya-Jones (Kentucky Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Okay your stupidity is a good opportunity to make a point.

See, I could call you a f-cking ret-rd for using a possessive morpheme in an attempt to indicate plurality. It's a very insensitive thing to say, and I would rightly be told off for it. There are certain ways you do and don't say something, especially to certain people. We don't discuss women's weight the same as we do men. We don't treat women and men the same across all contexts. It's just not how humans work, even in modern society, for better or worse. But your demonstration of an obvious inability to appreciate that fact is very concerning.

Do you go to a bar mitzfa and start firing off Holocaust jokes?

Where do you tell your holocaust jokes?

Reaction Score
What do you call 3 ppg then? Even for a rookie, I consider that terrible... You know her defense doesn't make up for it either. Great at what she did, but she never had to create for herself at UConn. Was always terrible at defense, and we know why. Nothing against her personally, but she's not a great athlete, simple.

Somebody didn't watch her play much in college. "I watched every game." No, no you did not.

Here's the thing: KML is overweight, and it's not unreasonable to point that out, just as it wasn't when Khalid El-Amin played here, and there were regular comments about his weight, or how there were about Shaq's or anyone else's. You play a sport that requires the utmost in athletic conditioning, so people in mediocre shape stand out and it's perfectly reasonable to say 'he/she would likely be a better player at a lower weight.'

But that's it. Her body type and weight can be discussed only in the context of how it affects her as an athlete. She doesn't need to lose weight so you'll like looking at her more. She's not an actress; she's not an entertainer. And I suspect that this is secretly the attitude of the crowd who runs off to the women's board and brags about how everyone got mad at their trolling.

Additionally, if anyone thinks KML was anything but a superstar here at UConn, or that half a season of professional basketball is enough to evaluate the rest of her career, you're an idiot. Throw away your computer and go color or something.

Reaction Score
What do you call 3 ppg then? Even for a rookie, I consider that terrible... You know her defense doesn't make up for it either. Great at what she did, but she never had to create for herself at UConn. Was always terrible at defense, and we know why. Nothing against her personally, but she's not a great athlete, simple.
So, we're going by professional career and ignoring everything else she did up to this point? That's how you determine whether or not somebody sucks at basketball?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You r trippin! She is the best shooter men or women I have ever seen and I have watched a lot of basketball in my years. Yes she needs to get in better shape but that girl can ball! She can do more than just shoot but is a defensive liability.

If she is the best you've ever seen male or female - you can't be serious or haven't watched a lot of ball as you claim.

She's a very very good shooter but rarely has she been forced to find room to make her shot and is not that creative in moving and creating to get a shot. She is more of a standing/flat foot shooter and she can do that with the best but overall shooting is much more involved.

You can't argue that she found success at UConn, so did DD, so did Neils and the list goes on but a lot of these players could not find the same level of success in the pros.

Reaction Score
Why is this thread about a former Uconn women's basketball player and her weight?

Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/r...n-gabriel-sacha-killeya-jones-make-vegas-leap

The two stars who led their respective teams in the championship game of the Adidas Summer Championships had one thing in common: They were both virtually anonymous a year ago.

Sacha Killeya-Jones was a football player until his sophomore year of high school.

"I outgrew the football," he told ESPN on Sunday after leading a comeback victory for Team Loaded (Va.) in the title game. "I couldn't play quarterback anymore."

The 6-foot-9, 210-pound athletic forward is, like Gabriel, being recruited at the highest level thanks to a combination of size, athleticism, recent productivity and high upside.

Killeya-Jones, a one-time Virginia commit, has fielded offers from the likes of Kentucky, Kansas, North Carolina, UConn, Florida, California and Maryland. He also said he's still considering Tony Bennett and the Cavaliers.

"It's ridiculous how this has all happened," Killeya-Jones said of the recent interest. "Especially because I feel like I'm still so new to the game and can get so much better."

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
So, we're going by professional career and ignoring everything else she did up to this point? That's how you determine whether or not somebody sucks at basketball?
She's not good, until she proves otherwise, she's not. It's a small sample size, but 3ppg and defense that got her benched is bad.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Gabriel has planned visits to Duke, Kentucky and Maryland, but not us. Looking like we may be falling out of that race, unless Ollie can swing us getting his last OV. Not getting my hopes up though.

Reaction Score
Gabriel has planned visits to Duke, Kentucky and Maryland, but not us. Looking like we may be falling out of that race, unless Ollie can swing us getting his last OV. Not getting my hopes up though.

Could it be that Gabriel has been here so many times that there is no point in taking an "official" visit?

Reaction Score

Maybe we don't land this kid, but it kinda makes sense that he has scheduled visits for the places that require plane tickets and thus far unscheduled visits with the places that be can drive to whenever he wants.

Reaction Score

You have repeated this exact sentiment in many threads but those in the know think we have at least a decent shot. I am cautiously optimistic, especially if Giles commits to Duke, as expected.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
If he doesn't visit again, he's not committing here, regardless of how many times he visited with the rivals squad. Ozzie said "we should get his last visit" when he planned his first two. Now he's planned one to Maryland. I'm not claiming to know anything, just saying that typically this wouldn't be a good sign. I've also made that same point about Giles and Tatum likely being in the fold at Duke, and am not some eternal pessimist. Just stating the fact that I'm not expecting much in this particular case. Hope I get a nice surprise.

Reaction Score
If he doesn't visit again, he's not committing here, regardless of how many times he visited with the rivals squad. Ozzie said "we should get his last visit" when he planned his first two. Now he's planned one to Maryland. I'm not claiming to know anything, just saying that typically this wouldn't be a good sign. I've also made that same point about Giles and Tatum likely being in the fold at Duke, and am not some eternal pessimist. Just stating the fact that I'm not expecting much in this particular case. Hope I get a nice surprise.
He had the OV dates set for UK, Duke & Maryland when he announced his top 5:

Gabriel, who will rise into five-star territory when the 2016 class rankings are updated, also set up a trio of official visits. Gabriel will visit Maryland the weekend of September 5th. He’ll then visit Kentucky the weekend of September 26th and Duke the weekend of October 15th. Gabriel hasn’t finalized dates with Providence or UConn.

Nothing has been scheduled since he named his top 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom