PF Sacha Killeya-Jones (Kentucky Commit) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

PF Sacha Killeya-Jones (Kentucky Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If I said a man was fat and sucked, no one would blink an eye. Truth is truth
Spoken like a virgin who is absolutely bereft of social awareness.

You just don't get your d-ck wet when you think like this.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Ok lady's, she's overweight and struggling because of it. Is that better?

Reaction Score
Ok lady's, she's overweight and struggling because of it. Is that better?
Okay your stupidity is a good opportunity to make a point.

See, I could call you a f-cking ret-rd for using a possessive morpheme in an attempt to indicate plurality. It's a very insensitive thing to say, and I would rightly be told off for it. There are certain ways you do and don't say something, especially to certain people. We don't discuss women's weight the same as we do men. We don't treat women and men the same across all contexts. It's just not how humans work, even in modern society, for better or worse. But your demonstration of an obvious inability to appreciate that fact is very concerning.

Do you go to a bar mitzfa and start firing off Holocaust jokes?

Reaction Score
Because you still have f-ckheads saying like this

So ignore them. Just because some people say dumb ____ doesn't mean that it's inappropriate to point out that someone playing at the highest level of her sport looks like she's carrying too much weight. Ignoring it because she happens to be a woman is sort of paternalistic and condescending. If you were talking about some random woman on the street it's an entirely different story.

Reaction Score
So ignore them. Just because some people say dumb ____ doesn't mean that it's inappropriate to point out that someone playing at the highest level of her sport looks like she's carrying too much weight. Ignoring it because she happens to be a woman is sort of paternalistic and condescending. If you were talking about some random woman on the street it's an entirely different story.
Point

Your head

Reaction Score
Also she's only half way through her first pro season. Give her time and she will figure it out and be the same KML

Reaction Score
She's a Husky and deserves more respect from supposed Husky fans. To talk of her dismissively to prove some point to a poster is really small.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
KML is a UConn great.

It is weird that as an athlete you can't mention she should lose weight. But if you think about all the pressure women are under to fit into size 0 dresses and the related anorexia and self loathing, it's not too hard to see where the sensitivity about women's weight comes from.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
KML is a UConn great.

It is weird that as an athlete you can't mention she should lose weight. But if you think about all the pressure women are under to fit into size 0 dresses and the related anorexia and self loathing, it's not too hard to see where the sensitivity about women's weight comes from.
Yeah I don't go around and tell women in public they need to lose weight, but on a message board about athletes, I will criticize flaws that I see.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Okay your stupidity is a good opportunity to make a point.

See, I could call you a f-cking ret-rd for using a possessive morpheme in an attempt to indicate plurality. It's a very insensitive thing to say, and I would rightly be told off for it. There are certain ways you do and don't say something, especially to certain people. We don't discuss women's weight the same as we do men. We don't treat women and men the same across all contexts. It's just not how humans work, even in modern society, for better or worse. But your demonstration of an obvious inability to appreciate that fact is very concerning.

Do you go to a bar mitzfa and start firing off Holocaust jokes?
I honestly don't care if you think I'm a fcking rtard. I would have rather you just called me a rtard, instead of making me read that paragraph. I would have understood your point. It's not like I went up to KML and said that, I'm writing my opinion on a message board.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The weight thing aside, your credibility takes a hit when you say KML sucks at basketball.
What do you call 3 ppg then? Even for a rookie, I consider that terrible... You know her defense doesn't make up for it either. Great at what she did, but she never had to create for herself at UConn. Was always terrible at defense, and we know why. Nothing against her personally, but she's not a great athlete, simple.

Reaction Score
KML is a UConn great.

Whatever, people shouldn't say rude things about someone's weight, but I think when its an athlete its a little more acceptable. It's perfectly fine to say a male basketball player is too heavy, needs to get his conditioning up, needs to tone up, needs to lose weight flat out, but the minute anyone says it about a female player it has crossed a line? That's not feminism, so if we're going to 'be nice' to female athletes, we should be being nice to all of them.

If its about the sport and how the player can do in that sport, and doesn't cross the line into just poking fun at someone, then I think its fine. But it is tough to be critical of a human's weight without some level of humor sneaking into it

Reaction Score
Pretty simple here, she's a real good basketball player that would play a lot more if she shed 20-25 and was quicker. I mean this isn't anything other than a fact so why can't it be said, because she's a chick? She is probably one of the best stand still shooters in the game and she can't get on the court because she can't guard a chair. It's time to figure it out or else just be who she is now. Again, really simple. Not poking fun or even saying she's "fat" - if she wants to live life as she is she's a lovely woman. If she wants to play basketball at the highest level as we expect she would like to then she needs to get quicker, that's all this is about.

Reaction Score
I honestly don't care if you think I'm a ing rtard. I would have rather you just called me a rtard, instead of making me read that paragraph. I would have understood your point. It's not like I went up to KML and said that, I'm writing my opinion on a message board.
Oh, so you really are just simple-minded. Noted.

Carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger