PF Mamadou Diarra (Signed LOI on 11/14) | Page 27 | The Boneyard

PF Mamadou Diarra (Signed LOI on 11/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Diaries is a project with upside - he's joining a roster that has room for such a player.

I think we're going to settle the backcourt over the next several weeks and then then the front court recruiting needs to borrow the pixie dust fir a while.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
It may be a EB5 group investing in the school. EB5 is a US government incentive package that encourages foreign investment by offering citizenship to investors who invest a minimum of $500k in a US business or project that generates long term jobs. EB5 funds are very popular right now.

I hadn't heard of that until 2 weeks ago and now it's come up 3 times.

Reaction Score
Stars and rankings aren't everything, but I'd feel better about our frontcourt situation post-Brimah if we get a Top 50 (or Top 20) true C in 2016. Diarra will be a solid, tough lunchpail, 4-year PF, mostly off the bench, but he's not ever going to be a starting center. Enoch will need someone to split minutes with.
What top 50 center are we recruiting? In all likelihood we get the Gak kid to backup SE at center. MD will play power forward and will surprise a lot of you guys how well he will develop!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
To the best of my knowledge, Top 50 centers do not grow on trees. If it turns out that I am wrong, I want the Ag department on it pronto.

Reaction Score
What top 50 center are we recruiting? In all likelihood we get the Gak kid to backup SE at center. MD will play power forward and will surprise a lot of you guys how well he will develop!

I see Diarra coming in and rebounding no matter, he has that will. Has to improve in areas for sure but his size and persistence will make him a nice player pretty fast. Even though he is smallish for the 5 he will be a nice space eater in the McCready, Middleton even Besselink old mold of physical guys who could rebound the ball. You have Enoch and him in the game after they mature 4/5 can be basically shared. Obvioulsy would prefer a true 5 of sorts but "basketball players" with size can help make up for that. Should be interesting to see the direction they go as a staff. If they can have another big PF type that may wait for '17 for their big.

Reaction Score
I see Diarra coming in and rebounding no matter, he has that will. Has to improve in areas for sure but his size and persistence will make him a nice player pretty fast. Even though he is smallish for the 5 he will be a nice space eater in the McCready, Middleton even Besselink old mold of physical guys who could rebound the ball. You have Enoch and him in the game after they mature 4/5 can be basically shared. Obvioulsy would prefer a true 5 of sorts but "basketball players" with size can help make up for that. Should be interesting to see the direction they go as a staff. If they can have another big PF type that may wait for '17 for their big.
They might but the only big I have heard them on was the center Gak. Either way I don't think getting Gak will hurt us in getting a big center in 17 as he is more of a project.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

• SCHNIDER HERARD

Prestonwood Christian / 6'10" / 260 lbs
    • POSC
    • C RANK9
    • MIDLAND
      POS RANK5
    • TX
      POS RANK5
    • INTEREST16

• RODNEY MILLER

Oak Hill Academy / 6'11" / 215 lbs
    • POSC
    • C RANK20
    • EAST
      POS RANK3
    • VA
      POS RANK1
    • INTEREST8
Scouts has these guys on UConn's list. Is that accurate? Herrard looks good. Top 50 and grew on a tree.

Reaction Score
So really only about 6'7" in shoes, he's got some Jeff Adrien type length tho

Reaction Score
same size as draymond green. the differential is major, looks like he has the tools to be a very good rebounder/ rim protector.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Should put to rest the center talk.

Not really. Depending on who the oppenent plays, Diarra can play center. Just not a center in the traditional sense.

Reaction Score
DeJuan Blair destroyed us at center being 6'7. I'll take heart over height any day. Diarra will be more than capable of being our PF once Facey is gone. And Enoch will be a stretch C once Brimah leaves. P.S. I just had to share this one: my Mac wanted to autocorrect Diarra with Diarrhea.

Reaction Score
This isn't anything new: he was always an undersized (height-wise, anyway) PF and a serious reach at C.

He's Jeff Adrien minus the skill, but with all of the toughness -- something our frontcourt needs in practice and off the bench.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
This isn't anything new: he was always an undersized (height-wise, anyway) PF and a serious reach at C.

He's Jeff Adrien minus the skill, but with all of the toughness -- something our frontcourt needs in practice and off the bench.

Saying that Diarra has all of Jeff Adrien's toughness without even having seen him play one game is a little bit of a stretch, no?

Reaction Score
its a message board so it can and should be used to deliver info from those in the know but obviously if people want to they can use it for speculation. but 99 percent of the speculation is usually wrong and/or even asinine. no one has any clue what diarra is except a short but long big man with similar measurables/body type to adrien. maybe hell become more skilled than jeff adrien, maybe hell be similar to rock, maybe hell be in between. realistically no one here has any clue unless they have been to a good amount of his games vs good competition

Reaction Score
diarras arms drag on the floor when he runs up the court. he also looks like he has a great lower body (pause), good explosion.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
its a message board so it can and should be used to deliver info from those in the know but obviously if people want to they can use it for speculation. but 99 percent of the speculation is usually wrong and/or even asinine. no one has any clue what diarra is except a short but long big man with similar measurables/body type to adrien. maybe hell become more skilled than jeff adrien, maybe hell be similar to rock, maybe hell be in between. realistically no one here has any clue unless they have been to a good amount of his games vs good competition
Gave you a like cause agree with your premise. However you must realize from observation in these forums that even after watching many games there is seldom a consensus about anything.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
The top of his head may be short, but people are often deceived by height. Wingspan is a much better indicator of a player's size. Who cares if his head is short if his arms reach higher than dudes like Aaron Gordon. If you put the two next to each other and they reached up, Mamadou's hand would be higher. That's all that matters in basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom