PF De'Ron Davis (Indiana Commit) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

PF De'Ron Davis (Indiana Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm a Colorado grad and a longtime UConn fan who knows a decent amount about DeRon. At one point, he was more highly regarded mostly due to the fact he was about the same size as a sophomore. I don't think his game has diminished, he just hasn't shown the considerable improvement some others have. Colorado is not exactly a hotbed of talent either so competition may have also affected his improvement as well.

Re: Colorado and Indiana being in front. It has been that for over a year. CU has actually done a great job of keeping talent in-state and most believe he will end up there especially with IU possibly needing a new coach next year.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Just revealed that Arizona, Indiana, and Texas are the three. My gut says IU.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Well, this is interesting:

Also had Tom Crean and Sean Miller in for home visits and plans on using all five of his official visits.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Here's what he had to say about UConn and what he is looking for in a college(quotes taken from the Indiana 247sports page):

On Connecticut: "UConn is just another powerhouse program. It’s kind of far, but coach Ollie is a great coach, played in the league, coached in the league, stuff like that. He knows what he’s talking about, he knows how to get the job done."

On what he's looking for in a school: "Really just development in my game, not just make me an NBA player, but get me NBA-ready, someone who can have a long career. Who can give me the tools to be successful, but also give me the tools to be successful in stuff outside of basketball?"

Reaction Score
I read his top 3 are Indiana, Arizona, and Texas. UConn was listed in top 5 on 24-7, so not sure if we are eliminated.
Think I made the same mistake you did, reading Stair's question before seeing the two previous posts from Dynasty:

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/pf-deron-davis-uconn-in-top-6.76104/#post-1412464

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/pf-deron-davis-uconn-in-top-6.76104/#post-1412469

We were cut a few months ago, but Davis expanded his list to 6 yesterday, and UConn seems to be back in it.

Reaction Score
From Rivals:

Davis told peegs.com he has added Oklahoma State, UConn and Mississippi State to his list that already included Arizona, Indiana and Texas.

After the Indiana in-home, Davis will have in-homes with Arizona, Oklahoma State, UConn, Texas and Arkansas, Fisher said.

"He kind of jumped the gun when he cut it to just three," Fisher said. "We wanted to give people a chance to come in and talk to him and see what he wants to do with his five (official) visits. The top of his list isn't going to change much."

Davis' main three schools are Arizona, Indiana and Texas.

Davis said he felt cutting his list to three happened too quickly.

"I just thought I was rushing too much," Davis said. "The three other schools had been there for a long time as well as my main three. I had a good relationship with all three of those other coaching staffs."

Reaction Score
http://www.insidethehall.com/2015/09/10/deron-davis-talks-iu-in-home-visit/

“The three schools I added, they’re all going to be on TV a lot and the relationships I’ve built with those coaches, along with the first three, are very special,” he explained. “Each one of those schools can help develop me and take me to where I want to go.”
Odd quote if by "schools I added" he means the others he'll be taking in-homes with outside of his "top 3". UConn will obviously give him that television exposure and is a high-profile program with real history of consistently getting guys to the NBA, but OKState and Arkansas are in the worse two of the P5, XII and SEC respectively, and even within those conferences, which of course will get exposure simply due to their P5 affiliation, he'll be playing on those teams just to get shat on on national television when they play KU or Texas with the former, or UK or Florida with the latter, the only games where he's guaranteed to be on television, because his team will be playing those high-profile programs. At best OKState and Arkansas have been recent trendy "dark horse" picks that ultimately did nothing.

He might as well go to an NC State or a Minnesota or an Oregon if that's how he plans to spend his college years.

Reaction Score
Not sure how legit this is...

Buzz around the adidas All-American camp on Long Island, in July, was that UConn head coach Kevin Ollie had begun to make a serious impression on Davis, his family, and his mentors within his AAU program. Some were shocked when they were reportedly left off his list, but they could be considered a dark horse for his signature here.

https://www.getmoresports.com/coveted-big-man-deron-davis-hosting-visits/

Reaction Score

Buzz around the adidas All-American camp on Long Island, in July, was that UConn head coach Kevin Ollie had begun to make a serious impression on Davis, his family, and his mentors within his AAU program. Some were shocked when they were reportedly left off his list, but they could be considered a dark horse for his signature here.

https://www.getmoresports.com/coveted-big-man-deron-davis-hosting-visits/[/QU

Sounds totally, 100%, undeniably legit.

Reaction Score

https://www.getmoresports.com/coveted-big-man-deron-davis-hosting-visits/

Probably legit, the writer who wrote that used to be based out of Colorado and tweeted/wrote alot about Colorado/Pac12 hoops, he's well connected.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I think a Facey, Enoch, Durham, Diarra, Davis fronts curt would be pretty packed, but he's one of the few kids I've seen in this class with legit post moves. He's going to be a beast offensively.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Here's what he had to say about UConn and what he is looking for in a college(quotes taken from the Indiana 247sports page):

On Connecticut: "UConn is just another powerhouse program. It’s kind of far, but coach Ollie is a great coach, played in the league, coached in the league, stuff like that. He knows what he’s talking about, he knows how to get the job done."

On what he's looking for in a school: "Really just development in my game, not just make me an NBA player, but get me NBA-ready, someone who can have a long career. Who can give me the tools to be successful, but also give me the tools to be successful in stuff outside of basketball?"
These are great quotes relative to the UConn program. Plenty of NBA scouts and former UConn players can attest to these qualities. The more motivation and willingness he has the more likely his aspirations can be realized here. Hope he has that
" 10 toes in" attitude.

Reaction Score
After the last few years did anyone think we would be worried our front court would be too crowded with solid players? KO showing he can pull in some bigs to go with the elite guards we knew he could get.

This kid would be great as OP said he has some advanced moves on offense. We already have plenty of stoppers on D

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Borges says we're not in contention for Davis:
http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/

Recruiting profile: Da'Ron Davis not likely to be a Husky

UConn was slated to make a home visit to highly-skilled big man Da'Ron Davis out in Colorado last week. But just before that was going to happen, the staff was essentially told not to bother making the long trip. It doesn't appear Davis intends to be a Husky.
With Mamadou Diarra already in the fold, Juwan Durham recently committed, Steve Enoch already enrolled and the possibility of Amida Brimah coming back for his senior season, there doesn't appear to be much room for Davis in Storrs.
According to a source close to Davis, he has pretty much narrowed his choices down to three schools: Indiana, Arizona and Mississippi State. He visited Indiana this past weekend, will visit Ben Howland at MSU in mid-October, then head to Arizona near the end of October.

Reaction Score
Borges says we're not in contention for Davis:
http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/

Recruiting profile: Da'Ron Davis not likely to be a Husky

UConn was slated to make a home visit to highly-skilled big man Da'Ron Davis out in Colorado last week. But just before that was going to happen, the staff was essentially told not to bother making the long trip. It doesn't appear Davis intends to be a Husky.
With Mamadou Diarra already in the fold, Juwan Durham recently committed, Steve Enoch already enrolled and the possibility of Amida Brimah coming back for his senior season, there doesn't appear to be much room for Davis in Storrs.
According to a source close to Davis, he has pretty much narrowed his choices down to three schools: Indiana, Arizona and Mississippi State. He visited Indiana this past weekend, will visit Ben Howland at MSU in mid-October, then head to Arizona near the end of October.
He also called him Da'Ron, so take it with a grain of salt

Reaction Score
Lock up Vance and then add two guards, hopefully Hamidou reclassifies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom