PF/C Juwan Durham (Signed LOI on 11/11) | Page 24 | The Boneyard

PF/C Juwan Durham (Signed LOI on 11/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
found it, hopefully it isn't any serious

http://www.courant.com/sports/college/hc-on-the-fly-0925-20150924-story.html

Juwan Durham, the 6-foot-10 forward from Tampa who is committed to play at UConn next season, has injured his right knee. Durham tore the ACL in his left knee last February and just as he was returning to practice he tweaked his other knee, according to his coach at Tampa Prep, Joe Fenlon. Durham was having tests to determine the severity.
I think this happens fairly often when returning from injury. It's been so long since playing on that knee, you automatically try and compensate for that injury by putting more weight and stress on the other knee, I'm guessing it's not a big deal.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I think this happens fairly often when returning from injury. It's been so long since playing on that knee, you automatically try and compensate for that injury by putting more weight and stress on the other knee, I'm guessing it's not a big deal.
Was just going to say that. I agree and hope it's the case here.

Reaction Score
He's young...he will bounce back. I wish I could recover like I did before.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Assuming he didn't tear anything in his right knee, this isn't a big deal. As sj said, it's probably just a result of taking stress off his left knee.

Reaction Score
If this kid regains his explosiveness, I can't wait to see him play with Gilbert! It'll resemble a bit of what Kemba and Donyell would have looked like had their eras corresponded.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Also - assuming health - a similar question was asked in the Gilbert thread...what are Durham's chances of making the McDonald's AA team?

Reaction Score
Also - assuming health - a similar question was asked in the Gilbert thread...what are Durham's chances of making the McDonald's AA team?

He just missed the entire spring/summer, zero

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Yeah it wont happen. It probably would have had he played on a circuit all summer and maintained his top 20, 5* status, but he fell off as others rose.

Reaction Score
Aman on TOS is saying he is hearing Durham might have a serious knee injury and is waiting for a 2nd opinion. Says KO knows about the possible injury.

Reaction Score
If he has an injury and needs surgery he could have it now/soon and be ready for next year. We may well still have brimah next year. Plus Enoch and Facey.

Reaction Score
Well, Hmmn. I think, for practical purposes, and my mental health - I'm going to reclassify him to the class of 2017, and have zero expectations for him in 2016. 2016 would still have newcomers Gilbert, Diarra, and Larrier.

Reaction Score
Other than the aforementioned Amore note I can't find anything anything anywhere about this new injury...either way he should be recovered by the time he comes to Storrs but would be good to get him some actual development time between now and then.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Other than the aforementioned Amore note I can't find anything anything anywhere about this new injury...either way he should be recovered by the time he comes to Storrs but would be good to get him some actual development time between now and then.
Aman is someone who may know KO directly or knows someone who knows KO directly. :(
If it turns out to be true I hope this kid has a speedy recovery and gets back to full health.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
definitely a sign that I need to cut back on how much time I'm logging on here

I once used one of those monitoring apps to figure out how much time I was spending on various sights. The time suck on the Yard was nauseating. I took six months off as a result.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Any confirmations of the new injury? Hopefully the kid can avoid having 2 bum knees. I think he's young enough for him to bounce back, but it's certainly a bummer for it to happen to a kid with his talent.

Not sure on any recovery timetable, but would redshirting be an option?

Couple other redshirt questions...
1. Does it count toward the scholarship limit?
2. After the red-shirt year, they get 4 yrs of eligibility, correct?

Reaction Score
Any confirmations of the new injury? Hopefully the kid can avoid having 2 bum knees. I think he's young enough for him to bounce back, but it's certainly a bummer for it to happen to a kid with his talent.

If he's not ready to play next year I'm assuming he would do a post graduate year. I don't think he would come to UConn not being able to play his first year.

Reaction Score

Redshirt would give him a 4th year. Might not be a bad idea - if he recovers and gets his explosiveness back, he'd probably leave after his junior year. But, if recovery takes time it might be nice to have that extra year.

Not sure how it counts toward schollies.

Reaction Score

1. Yes
2. Essentially, players get 5 years to play 4 - so a redshirt year would still allow him to play 4.

Reaction Score
If he's not ready to play next year I'm assuming he would do a post graduate year. I don't think he would come to UConn not being able to play his first year.

Very speculative post. If he can't play next year how would a post grad year be more beneficial than working toward his degree? Something he's stated is very important to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom